1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Upper Deck

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Rack, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

I don't care what anyone says, this is freakin' sweet!!! Having that out of the way, I agree with the 700 previous posters, there is a lot of analysis that goes into adding an extra 20,000 seats to a stadium. That kind of analysis is not well founded enough to be considered if it isn't rooted securely on about a decade of sold out games, even when we are playing "Savannah State" Universities.

If you want this stadium, then bring your asses rain or shine, EVERY Saturday out to BPS. You can say what you want but donors, administrators and AD's don't build these kinds of stadiums, the fans do. :koolaid:
  2. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

If football is the #1 revenue generating sport, one that helps fund other sports, wouldn't increasing revenue in football help address funding for those other sports?
    Jonathangpark likes this.
  3. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Cowboy

Or else you expand your basketball arena at the height of a coach's success and popularity and watch games played less than a decade later in front of third full crowds.

I realize that last year was absolutely monumental for us and will go down in OSU history, but let's not let the success get to our head yet (even if we had the cash and immediate plans for an upper deck).

Keep winning consistently. Keep demand for the product high by on-field and off-the-field success. Build the fan and alumni base.

Do that for years, and then we can seriously think about adding 15k to the seating.
    MSteph57 likes this.
  4. bs_21_goat

bs_21_goat Wrangler

i thought this thread was going to discuss the merits and pitfalls of pulling off certain bathroom-related pranks...

i am disappoint.
    pearcemd18 likes this.
  5. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Cowboy

Since it is BPS lets ask Boone to endow upper deck construction. :boone: :boone:
  6. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber CTeamPoke Wildcard

Raise prices of the seats we have.
  7. PartyPartyParty

PartyPartyParty One Love.

Sell beer at games. :ford: :ford:
    CowboyVenus likes this.
  8. CTeamPoke

Charge people to burn couches... if we are going to go the West Virginia route.
    PartyPartyParty likes this.
  9. Okcpokefan

Okcpokefan Wrangler

IMO I like BPS the way it is. :pistols:
    PokeLady211 likes this.
  10. CowboyVenus

CowboyVenus Wrangler

This doesn't mean we create maximum $ potential.
  11. CTeamPoke

Oh rly!?!?
  12. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

Ditto for baseball. Then we wouldn't have to worry about a new stadium. I'll bet we aren't even selling out the one we have. :innocent::popcorn:
    OSU79 likes this.
  13. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

I was hoping this thread was goin to be about trading cards.......

;)
  14. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Wrangler

15. CTeamPoke

Our football and baseball programs aren't even comparable right now.
  16. Busterz

Busterz Cowboy

I could see a serious discussion of this after we get several thousand people on a wating list for season tickets and the stadium is being filled for every home game,
    Jonathangpark likes this.
  17. PokeLady211

PokeLady211 Wrangler

I like BPS the way it is. Its special because its like nothing else in the Country. As much as I'd love to say we could get 70k people in BPS I think it takes away from the Small town Stillwater feel.

I dont want to become like norman....please Lord no....
    GoSTATE likes this.
  18. 65POKE

65POKE Wrangler

Some people are planners and others are not. Having a "discussion" of this after we have a waiting list is an error I believe. The reason being you have to get the money together in advance, which we should be doing right now. After that you have 1-2 years for plans, permits, bidding, construction, etc. in addition to having to schedule construction around the events. If you aren't thinking ahead, you are always last! If you think about it, we are where we are because Pickens & Holder saw the need to upgrade the stadium, and had the vision of what would happen. Can you imagine where we would be if this hadn't happened? I think we need to learn from history, and if you don't think that is true, not much i can say to convince you.

I agree the other sports would greatly benefit from upgrades as football has. Holder is working on this. I bet you he is also thinking about the upper deck in the back of his mind. He is a PLANNER!
  19. OrangeForever

A/V Subscriber OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way.

After losing God knows how many millions of dollars over the past five years, I'd pray that he's thinking of about a million other things before hemorrhaging million more on a project Oklahoma State has no need for.

:runaway:
  20. 65POKE

65POKE Wrangler

I think The purse strings were and are held by Pickens, not holder. Pickens I believe was controlling the funds that were lost in the market, and it was his idea for the life insurance. I don't hold it againist either person, because some one with vision must lead, and they will be human beings. If you think there is no need, did you ever any your wildest dreams think we would have this much jump in attendance when it first opened. If we hadn't built it in the first place, we might be having 25-35000 per game in Lewis Field!