US Air Force helicopter shot flying training mission over Virginia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
First thing I said when I read about this. The person who shot this is either a really good shot or extremely lucky lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Did they ever say what type of rifle was used?
Haven't heard yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The funny thing is here. On this board this isn't a big deal. Now had this helicopter been flying over a massive protest in a city....people on here would be calling for all out war against ANTIFA and protesters and threatening if it happened again the military helicopters would fire back. I'm 100% sure had this happened over a city with protest, POTUS would be tweeting about it everyday and using it as an excuse to snatch more power.

But it happens over Rural Virginia ....ehhh no big deal

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The funny thing is here. On this board this isn't a big deal. Now had this helicopter been flying over a massive protest in a city....people on here would be calling for all out war against ANTIFA and protesters and threatening if it happened again the military helicopters would fire back. I'm 100% sure had this happened over a city with protest, POTUS would be tweeting about it everyday and using it as an excuse to snatch more power.

You've posted some really dumb stuff, but this one's definitely a keeper. Sorry your thread hasn't generated the response you yearned for.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

And I'm 100 % sure if this happened over a rally/riot of any politically aligned group the politicians on the other side would descend on it like pack of hyenas. Can you imagine the outrage if this happened over an NRA rally? I'm sure you can.

Once again you seem to think the problems with politics magically sprung into place with the election of Trump and he's the only offender.

If they find the person who did this, then they should be prosecuted.
I'm sorry but I don't think it's hypocritical of me to think we shouldn't declare war on Virginia.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

It's a big deal, but not... I actually stood next to someone that fired at a low-flying plane with an SKS when I was a young boy running in the backwoods of Alabama. I could not believe what I was seeing, but the guys that did it were a couple dudes that acted like and had the intelligence level of Lennie Small from "Of Mice and Men". They actually got arrested shortly after that for stealing a bunch of guns out of their next door neighbor's police car (and stole a gun from my dad's shop). Was very glad to see them out of our neighborhood. They needed major help.

Thing is.......anyone that shoots at an aircraft like that is a Grade A moron, regardless of their politics. And yeah - if it the shot came from a participant at an ANTIFA, BLM, NRA, Trump, KKK, Muslim, or any other "group" rally, then yeah.....we could talk politics.

Do you know who fired the weapon at the helicopter and/or what their political ideals are? Or are you just making several massive leaps in the hopes of generating some kind of buzz?

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Or it could be because we don't even know who to be mad about. But if it was over an antifa protest would it still qualify as "mostly peaceful"?