vehicle dilemma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I am on the hunt for a unicorn it seems. I sold my boat to a guy from Chicago yesterday. Sad to see it go, but with the current situation on outdoor activities. Our lake is so crowded, its not even fun anymore. We just basically have to sit. Yamaha did not get to make a full line up this model year. So boat prices are stupid. I sold it for 2k less than I paid for it new 5 years ago. So anyways, I am on the hunt for something I can put a passenger in the front seat while a ladder is in the back. We recently just bought back a company that we had owned years ago. I also own a trucking company. As much as I would love to purchase euro rig. The new business is a high pressure misting business, so that is why it needs to be able to haul a ladder. The ladder has to be light, it gets moved a lot. I really am tired of driving a truck, so the last couple of years I have been driving my Lincoln MKZ 3.0 AWD. Its a blast to drive, but I have a kid that is about to turn 16 yo and they get the 400 hp awd Lincoln to drive. Oh and I want to be able to fit in the garage better. My truck fits with the Grand Cherokee in the garage.

I like fun , and fast. It has to be practical and haul 4 adults at least.

Leading candidate

2019 certified Porsche Macan GTS -- Hesitating because of maintenance costs and size
Jeep GC SRT -- gas mileage
BMW X3 M40i -- size

My current vehicle stock
2018 F150 super crew -- wanting to trade
2017 Lincoln MKZ awd 3.0 -- 16 yo gets in Feb
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wifes)

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah that would be nice. Mpg is my issue with the srt. I might get single digit fuel economy lol
Yup.

I know you said you are tired of trucks... but have you considered a Raptor? Fun, great interior, capable of quite a bit (other than towing bigger loads), pretty damned snappy with that TT 3.5L, and pretty damned respectable mileage.

Oh, also great resale value.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Friend of mine has a Porsche Cayenne & says maintenance on it's ridiculously expensive.

KA's right on resale value (at least before COVID). I listen to this car show on Saturday mornings while I'm running errands & they routinely talk about how a lot of new trucks hold 80-85% of their value at 3 years old.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
New Bronco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks to be VERY promising! At first, I wasn’t liking the design... it just reminded me too much of the Flex. Now, as I’ve seen more and more pics released, it’s growing on me FAST! Finally saw a pic with a person sitting in the driver’s seat, and the damn thing is HUUUGE! I love it! Initially thought it was going to be Jeep size or a even a hair smaller... but it’s not! It’s a BIG vehicle. And again, I LOVE THAT!

The specs, the options, the features and performance... it’s going to sell really, REALLY well! I actually expect it to kick the sh*t outta the Jeep.

Hopefully they drop the TT 3.5 in it in a couple years, then I’ll buy. Or even better, a 5.0L. I can dream dammit.

^^^^^^all of this coming from an extremely brand loyal, 3rd generation, lifelong GM/Chevy owner who bought his first non-GM vehicle just a few years ago and already decided that my next vehicle will be either Ford Raptor or Bronco.

GM can kick smurfing rocks. Done with them and their incredibly stupid decisions over the past 10+ years.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Looks to be VERY promising! At first, I wasn’t liking the design... it just reminded me too much of the Flex. Now, as I’ve seen more and more pics released, it’s growing on me FAST! Finally saw a pic with a person sitting in the driver’s seat, and the damn thing is HUUUGE! I love it! Initially thought it was going to be Jeep size or a even a hair smaller... but it’s not! It’s a BIG vehicle. And again, I LOVE THAT!

The specs, the options, the features and performance... it’s going to sell really, REALLY well! I actually expect it to kick the sh*t outta the Jeep.

Hopefully they drop the TT 3.5 in it in a couple years, then I’ll buy. Or even better, a 5.0L. I can dream dammit.

^^^^^^all of this coming from an extremely brand loyal, 3rd generation, lifelong GM/Chevy owner who bought his first non-GM vehicle just a few years ago and already decided that my next vehicle will be either Ford Raptor or Bronco.

GM can kick smurfing rocks. Done with them and their incredibly stupid decisions over the past 10+ years.
I like it too, but the CPA says it has to be delivered this year. I heard spring of 2021 is when the orders will start rolling in.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Leading candidate

2019 certified Porsche Macan GTS -- Hesitating because of maintenance costs and size
Jeep GC SRT -- gas mileage
BMW X3 M40i -- size
(wifes)
I drove the BMW last night and actually tried to buy it. I even put a 6 ft step ladder in the car. There would no riders as the front passenger seat was all the way forward. Not the safest way , but it fit. It would work for the rare occasion that I need a 6 foot ladder.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
If your wanting to drop your kids inheritance for a fun SUV that one would be fun.

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/models/urus
No sir - 60k is what I am budgeting. If this experiment does not work , I will just buy a f150 xl or ranger to use for coolfogg and keep my ride. I am going to look in Tulsa tonight at a Alfa Stelvio Quad . They alfa dealership is not open anymore in Edmond. I don't think Tulsa has one either now. I read last night that they can be serviced at any FCA service department. Do I want to take the chance they don't mess up a very teched out Ferrari engine. It is a 3.3 sec 0-60 suv though.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Well I made a call to my ford fleet manager to see the progress on the trucks for the business. I asked the stupid question of how much is my loyalty certificate at the moment. It very well may be too much to not get a truck. I buy a new one each year for tax purposes and I always make out like a bandit. If anyone is a loyal ford person, make sure that you ask if you have a loyalty certificate. I have received almost 10k in certs over the last couple trucks (years) . I might end up the super charger route.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Well I made a call to my ford fleet manager to see the progress on the trucks for the business. I asked the stupid question of how much is my loyalty certificate at the moment. It very well may be too much to not get a truck. I buy a new one each year for tax purposes and I always make out like a bandit. If anyone is a loyal ford person, make sure that you ask if you have a loyalty certificate. I have received almost 10k in certs over the last couple trucks (years) . I might end up the super charger route.
I went from a Ford to a RAM no regrets.