1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football Vonn Bell

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by osu_cowboy_007, Apr 1, 2012.

1. AllOfTheLights

AllOfTheLights Wrangler

Max Olson ‏ @max_olson
    Georgia S Vonn Bell loved his visit to Texas. Biggest reasons: "The coaching staff, their families and most of all Coach Akina!"

Longhorns have as good a chance as any non SEC school of landning him. It doesn't hurt that Akina is a DB coach here, and that Aaron Ross a two time Super Bowl champ for the NY Giants (Another Akina product) was roaming the sidelines.

2. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

So What is your point? Did he commit to longhorns during his visit like most of Texas guys?

3. AllOfTheLights

AllOfTheLights Wrangler

I made my point. I said that the Longhorns have as good a shot as anyone not in the SEC to land this kid. That was my point.

4. osu_cowboy_007

When did I say that longhorns didn't have a same chance as others? I said he is not a Texas kid so don't expect him to commit then there shutting door on OSU.

5. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

calm down osucowboy lol. How did his visit to OSU go? anyone know?

6. LakeCowboy

LakeCowboy Sheriff

Akina will always be near impossible to recruit against. He pumps those kids into the NFL.

7. John Adkins

John Adkins Cowboy

Good point...and and some folks would consider Oregon and environs to be a, "destination" at least compared to Stillwater.

8. Brandon36

Brandon36 Sheriff

It took Stanford one season to have a really good class.

9. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Stanford is in California and has the academics going for them. For a few reasons I don't think wee will ever be a powerhouse recruiting school or ever out recruit OU or Texas. Obviously doesn't mean we can't be successful.

10. osu_cowboy_007

Attitude is everything, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't get classes similar to Auburn.

11. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

the state of Alabama has way more talent than oklahoma. There aren't many blue chip players that come out of Oklahoma and when they do its either OU or out of state for the most part. They are in the heart of the SEC where there is a wealth of talent to go around. We recruit Texas and we aren't usually the first, second, third, and sometimes fourth choice for Texas kids. That isn't true 100% of the time but a lot of the time. I think the coaches do a good job of finding kids that wanna play here and overlooked talent.

12. LakeCowboy

LakeCowboy Sheriff

back to back BCS seasons helps, that's more than one season. Also 3 Heisman runner ups in last 4 years.

13. Cowboys101

Cowboys101 Greenhorn

I'm worried he'll end up with Mack Brown in Texas or Urban Meyer in Ohio St. I just watched an interview where he mentions both coaches and talks about how nice their campuses are.

Here's the Interview:

14. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

Don't worry, we don't play tOSU and even if he goes to Texas Mack has already shown he can waste great talent by losing multiple times after having one of the 5 best recruiting classes in the country. We're safe.

15. GoPokes12

GoPokes12 Deputy

Yeah I'd rather him not go to Texas.

16. osu_cowboy_007

Come one coach Malone, this is your big opportunity to prove that you are an elite recruiter. :gundy: :gundy:

17. RutherfordFan

Chief, they have more numbers in Texas but Oklahoma high schools have produced the following players recently:

Jason White, OU, Sam Bradford, Brandon Weeden, Justin Blackmon, Ryan Broyles, Josh Cooper, Gerald McCoy. Just to name a few. You sir are a silly person. Yes, Texas and other states have more D1 players but I would argue when Oklahoma high schools are up none have better players. Lee Roy Selmon was from Oklahoma too along with many other great players-- Rashaun Woods. Get a clue bud.

18. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Ok idiot did you go back and read the post to see what I was even talking about? I never said that Oklahoma doesn't have some highly rated recruits I said they don't have as much is that true or not?

19. RutherfordFan

Well I apolgize if I got a little harsh. My bad. However it seems like you are negative and you are starting to piss me off. Can't speak for everybody else but that's just me. I don't any problem with being objective saying we aren't the first choice of Texas kids. However, we are doing more than just getting overlooked talent.

We are getting some 4 stars guys to come play for us now. Also used to OSU didn't get Texas Top 100 guys or great players in Oklahoma. I believe OSU got 9 players off the Texas top 100 list this year to sign. We used to get zero! All of that is changing, quite living in the past. Of course we are going to lose some recruiting battles to Texas and OU but we are beating OU on some guys now. We beat OU on several guys last y ear a few more in the past. Quite being a negative nancy is all I'm saying. If you aren't trying to be this I apologize.

20. RutherfordFan

I just looked- OSU got 7 players off of the Texas Top 100 list. We used to get ZERO. we are not just getting ok little players. This false idea bugs me. We are getting good football players. Lunt was a 4 star recruit- top 7 QB in the United States. 2 lineman in this class are bigtime prospects. CJ Curry is a national type recruit- 4 star WR that committed to Georgia then switched to play for us. Also Blake Jackson, we out recruited OU to get him. Bigtime TE prospect. Don't kid yourself, also Tshimanga can flat play. as long with Seth Jacobs, 4 star lb. We are getting some dudes now.

oufannot likes this.