1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football Vonn Bell

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by osu_cowboy_007, Apr 1, 2012.

1. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

This is not true, we always get few Texas top100 players but there is a big difference between top20 players vs bottom 20 players in the list. Right now we are a big time offer for most of the HS kids, we just need to close the deals, this is where we are struggling little bit, IMHO.

2. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

I'm talking about pre Les Miles then Gundy days. OSU hardly got any of them before them. I think Simmons got a couple during his few years. Tatum Bell, Degrate, that's about it.
    Anyway we agree we are doing better. It takes time but some of these three star kids are well though of man. Tshimanga is a 3 star which is silly. He is 6'2 and verticals 38'. Dez had a 38 inch vertical. That's insane, also Alabama offered Tshimanga. Stars arent' everything. Alabama and other bigtime schools have some 3 stars guys on their lists also.

3. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

I agree we are getting good talent and winning. I was just stating that I don't think we will ever be a powerhouse recruiting school like an OU, Texas, USC etc.. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that, we are winning and making strides. Not trying to be negative in the slightest. Just think its an unrealistic expectation.

4. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

A poster on this thread awhile back said that it would take 4-5 years of domination to start recruting like the major players and I was just saying because of who we we recruit against and our recruiting area that im not sure we will ever be on par with what are considered major players. I apologize if I come off negative. We are a good team and have good players. Im happy with what we get and don't wanna compare what we have to OU or Texas than rationalize it out why the lower ranked guy we got is better than the higher ranked guy they got. I don't care who they recruited I just want results and that s what we are getting. Just like people putting down RGIII or Tannehill just because they are going to be picked over Brandon Weeden.

5. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

ESPNU 150 is out today

6. OstatePokes

OstatePokes Sheriff

Samuel - Maybe I am missing your point, but the average player in Oklahoma is right there with the average player in Alabama. Per capita, Oklahoma usually ranks around #5 in the country in terms of DI recruits. Alabama is also a great producer of talent, but I would not downgrade the talent in Oklahoma, just the population.

The only problem is that it does not leave a lot of players between us, OU, Arkansas, and the occasional Texas or Kansas school.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1182411

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/starsearchmetroscapita.pdf

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...-For-top-recruits-it-s-still?urn=ncaaf-319166

http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=259347

7. LakeCowboy

LakeCowboy Sheriff

Vonn Bell is from Georgia...

8. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

Bleacher Report :ban:

9. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Sheriff

Oh, and I would say we could get exactly the same kind of classes that OU gets. Given time, we can take OU's spot. Given an economic boom, a significant increase in population, and a severe IQ drop, we could be Alabama.

dlm4 and oufannot like this.
  10. DallasPokeFan

DallasPokeFan Cowboy

any update on this kid? I heard he cut his list to 7. Not sure if we were in it or not..

11. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

Not in it.

12. okstate0303

okstate0303 Sheriff

Best part of the post.

Anaranjado likes this.
  13. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

haha thanks okstate0303

14. croc_hunter

croc_hunter Cowboy

yeah when we win a NC...

15. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

I like getting a few really high rated recruits along with some sleepers. We always fair better with sleeper prospects! Honestly, I think we have a better chance of winning the big 12 with sleepers than 5 star players.

16. osu_cowboy_007

Tell that to Clemson.

17. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

Clemson HAS won a national title...

18. osu_cowboy_007

Yeah, like 3 decades ago. Some of our fans have serious inferiority complex.

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  19. LatinoPoke43

LatinoPoke43 Cowboy

While it can be done. Let's be honest our coaches make an effort for the elite recruits but sometimes we end up taking our 2nd or 3rd choice and still develop them into good players, but imagine what our coaching staff could with the likes of a Treadwell, Vonn Bell, Priest Willis, Tenpenny, or Prevot

I think we have a shot at anyone if we can just get them here for a visit.