Voting?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
It's not like this crept up on them... Why is an extra week needed? Did people just lose track of time watching Tiger King or something??

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Low turnout favors Republicans.
High turnout favors Democrats.
Republicans always will strive to limit voting by any means possible, including this virus.Democrats will always fight to get out the vote.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
This is for the primary. I don't know that your logic would apply here.
While it is a primary, one of the items on the ballot is a spot on the WI Supreme Court, so it would apply in that particular item.

As an aside, I still haven't even received my absentee ballot, and if it doesn't arrive today, I would definitely expect to get an extension.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
So what's the point of this if it's for primary voting? Obviously Republicans care about who Trump will face in the general but it's not like we don't know who that will be at this point (assuming there is no brokered convention due to COVID).

Personally I could go either way. Whoever made the point that they had time to get ballots is probably right. But this is unprecedented and I can see where people could have attempted to get a ballot but due to the stress of this and availability of staff to get it to them, delays happened.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
While it is a primary, one of the items on the ballot is a spot on the WI Supreme Court, so it would apply in that particular item.

As an aside, I still haven't even received my absentee ballot, and if it doesn't arrive today, I would definitely expect to get an extension.
Gotcha. I'd probably lean more towards giving people every opportunity to vote then.

I'd also question election officials for not delaying it as other states have done as well.

Oct 30, 2007
I read the Supreme Court's opinion on the ruling. It cited multiple cases as legal precedence for not altering election rules on the eve of the election. It said that anyone that requested an absentee ballot by last Friday should have the ability to vote. I can't blame the SCOTUS for following legal precedence.

I don't understand why they didn't just postpone the election like many other states. They could've avoided this entire ordeal by doing that.