Wallace #97 and Hubbard #131

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 29, 2004
La Jolla, California
CBS just released a projection of all 7 NFL rounds in 2020 and it has Wallace going in 3rd round at #97 and Hubbard going to Chiefs in 4th round. The WR field is stacked this year, Wallace might go higher if he waits another year, I would think the same for Hubbard. I beleive the NCAA offeres insurance to any player who is projected as a 4th round pick or higher. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...4_K6u7FLrEGZAmIKDL04ZFqxDMd9a0m00pf6Yr9o6LXRE

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
He’s a running back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's the 10th running back on their board. If he was the 3rd round and they only had 1-2 guys ahead of him, ok. But they have him fairly down on their draft board.

Personally Im in the let Hubbard do what's best for him category, but if the league really thinks Harris and Benjamin are better by that wide of a margin he needs to come back and improve his stock

Jun 12, 2007
I've seen a lot of running backs come through OSU beginning with Thurman Thomas. I saw Earnest Anderson on TV but I don't think I went to any games in person before Thurman Thomas was there. Hubbard does not make many miss, not a lot juke in him. What he does have is speed. I cannot remember one person catching him from behind. I do remember Sanders getting caught from behind several times but it was his ability to make people reach for air that made him special. Is straight line speed good enough to make it in the NFL? I'd like to see him stay another year and work on being more elusive myself.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Hubbard won’t improve his stock with another grinding collegiate season. RB’s have a very limited career on average. Another heavy load season will add unnecessary mileage in many pro scouts assessments.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Hubbard won’t improve his stock with another grinding collegiate season. RB’s have a very limited career on average. Another heavy load season will add unnecessary mileage in many pro scouts assessments.
But he has only had 1-1/2 seasons. Another season with a stronger, more mature line could boost him into the 2200+ yard realm and high second round consideration.

Wallace definitely needs to come back. A full season of dazzling performances could boost him to the first round and big money. An insurance policy would protect him from financial disaster.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
But he has only had 1-1/2 seasons. Another season with a stronger, more mature line could boost him into the 2200+ yard realm and high second round consideration.
While that may look great in college, pro scouts will just see it as more wear and tear on a position that averages less than 5 years in the league. I’m not sure how much it will improve his stock.

Oct 30, 2007
Hubbard's biggest downfall might be his size. He's 6'-1" 207 lbs and he's built more like a wide receiver than a running back. This is the same reason Justice Hill slipped to the 4th round. Hubbard could help his draft stock the most by spending the next year putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle with Rob Glass.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
In no way should Hubbard come back. Does he have flaws? Yes he does. Hubbard isn’t considered a 1st rounder, if he wants to get paid he will need to do well for that 2nd contract. Most running backs (if they last) not drafted in the first round get the most money of their career on that second contract. Yes, Hubbard could come back and up his draft status from 4th round to 2nd or 3rd but that’s a “high” risk because that’s one less year of getting paid and working towards that 2nd contract. It amazes me people actually think he needs to come back. If I’m Gundy I’m actually telling him to go. He needs to do what’s best for him and that’s go get paid and work hard toward that second contract next year.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water

Wallace definitely needs to come back. A full season of dazzling performances could boost him to the first round and big money. An insurance policy would protect him from financial disaster.
He could rush for 3,000 yards next year and maybe improve his stock by one round and then have more wear and tear. Stats don’t get you drafted... it will get you noticed but that’s it. Him posting impressive pro day numbers in March will get him drafted higher than any stat could next year.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Don’t listen to these armchair quarterbacks Chuba! Come on back and thrill us again and enjoy your once in a lifetime college experience! Get your degree and if Pro football works out great, if not you’ll have a career you can enjoy your entire lifetime waiting for you!

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Hubbard's biggest downfall might be his size. He's 6'-1" 207 lbs and he's built more like a wide receiver than a running back. This is the same reason Justice Hill slipped to the 4th round. Hubbard could help his draft stock the most by spending the next year putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle with Rob Glass.
Hubbard’s already stated he lost some speed adding the muscle he has now. More muscle doesn’t always help speedsters. What makes him special now is his speed and endurance.

Jan 14, 2006
His size is his only real "limitation". If that's true, then another year of college won't help. He needs to go now.
At this point, the only thing that will affect his draft position is his 40. I'd expect him in the 4.40-4.45 range. Any faster and he'll move up to the 2nd or 3rd round. Too bad teams don't draft RBs high as much anymore.

Dec 17, 2011
Hows his blocking? I've never paid attention to that part of his game which is widely used in the NFL