Weathers...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Thumbs down? Come on. I know I was leaning towards getting rid of him but I think Boynton knows what he's doing. I bet if there are any future screwups he'll be gone in a flash.

Oct 30, 2007
I heard Coach Boynton comment on Weathers in a Big 12 media day interview yesterday. He said that he's a really good kid that made a terrible mistake. He also said he understand the severity of what he did wrong and that he knows he can't screw up again. I'm not worried about Coach Boynton running a clean program. He proved last year that he won't tolerate players doing the wrong things when he dismissed Davon Dillard & Zack Dawson.

I hope Weathers stays out of trouble and leaves here with a degree in a few years.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1057711163646066688?s=19
I wonder what Boynton will do, as far as punishment goes.

I thought what he did was really crappy, and honestly his fate made no difference to me. That being said, I'm glad he is being given a second chance, and hopefully this will help us potentially to an outside tourney berth.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
He should not be given a second chance at this university, IMO.
I'm inclined to agree based on the details we got, particularly the callousness in responding to the girl. That said, players have been given a second chance here after doing similar or worse things (Bowling and Gottlieb). Those situations worked out great and it seemed to be turning points for them. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances or the coaches feel like he's been a great kid otherwise. Unless it's super heinous, I'm inclined to trust the coaches (except for TF), particularly ones like Gundy and Boynton who come across as guys that want to instill grit and integrity in more than sports.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Why do people waste their time writing “their opinion”? Coaches are paid millions to research and make the best decision for that person and the university. Gets really old on every post and message board about people arguing about a coach’s decision or discipline issue. Post facts not useless opinions. This isn’t politics. Kids families read these posts
That's kind of the point of a message board, just like how you posted opinions with a few facts attached. If you're looking for highly informative news, you might be in the wrong place. Also, for people like me who live out of state, it's one of the only venues for talking about OSU sports. Since this is a message board, you are free to disagree with me.

Aug 16, 2012
He should not be given a second chance at this university, IMO.
Two words.....Doug Gottlieb.
Two more......Adarius Bowman
Both got in trouble, worked with coaches who develop men as well as players, and they turned out quite well. Kids (hell, people in general) do stupid stuff and kicking them to the curb is not always the best thing for them.

Jul 9, 2004
Why do people waste their time writing “their opinion”? Coaches are paid millions to research and make the best decision for that person and the university. Gets really old on every post and message board about people arguing about a coach’s decision or discipline issue. Post facts not useless opinions. This isn’t politics. Kids families read these posts
1) Without opinions, this board, along with every other message board, would be pretty thin.
2) I can pull your post history and find plenty of "opinions"
3) What is your point with "Kids families read these boards"? Are you referring to one of your previous posts stating " Sinor Sucks"? Or maybe the one saying you demand a quarterback..

Back to my "opinion", I know a few facts regarding this particular situation. What he did while in line at Murphy's, inside Murphy's and then afterwards outside of Murphy's should be enough for Boynton to say thanks but no thanks. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a second chance...just not at OSU. If coach Boynton can make a few calls and help him land somewhere else, great. I'm all for it.

Furthermore, are you really that bent out of shape because I stated my opinion? Or is it that your opinion is different than mine?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2004
Two words.....Doug Gottlieb.
Two more......Adarius Bowman
Both got in trouble, worked with coaches who develop men as well as players, and they turned out quite well. Kids (hell, people in general) do stupid stuff and kicking them to the curb is not always the best thing for them.
Two words......Notre Dame
Two more.......North Carolina
That's the point. Both Gottlieb and Bowman found trouble elsewhere and got a second chance here.

I'm not saying kick them to the curb. Help him find a second chance somewhere other than here.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Two words......Notre Dame
Two more.......North Carolina
That's the point. Both Gottlieb and Bowman found trouble elsewhere and got a second chance here.

I'm not saying kick them to the curb. Help him find a second chance somewhere other than here.
Why does transferring make it better? Just seems like it moves them away from the people who know more about what they did. I could understand being more ok with it if it's a step down (e.g., going to a DII school) because that's more of a punishment, but not a lateral transfer.

Bowling, Blatnick, Dove, and others royally screwed up and got to stay with varying punishments (Bowling was temporarily kicked off and had to work his way back as a walk on, while Blatnick climbed Everest a few times on the stair machine). Each of those cases worked our fairly well. I'm not saying it's right in every case, but unless it's super heinous (looking at you, Baylor) I'm inclined to let the coaches draw that line about when to have them stay with the team and when to boot them. TF has been the only coach I didn't trust with that.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Seriously?

Nominee for worst post of the year.