1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Herp Derp Weeden out in cleveland ?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by cowboys18TJ Poke, Dec 23, 2012.

1. CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

CoreyfreakinlovesOSU Once beat Tyreek Hill in a foot race. A/V Subscriber

I know there are a ton of Romo haters, but he's much better than BW at this point.. But that's to be expected. He's a rookie. Problem is, he's being outplayed by pretty much every rookie QB in the league.. That and he's 29 years old.

2. goPOKES918

goPOKES918 Cowboy

Did y'all honestly expect something from grandpa weeden? This is good. He'll be the QB coach here in a few years.

colb likes this.
  3. CowboyAdam

CowboyAdam Sheriff

Arizona could use him. They have decent receivers

4. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

What an ignorant statement. He was a rookie this year and didn't have a single receiver that could start for any other team in the NFL. Think about that.

Even if you think Weeden isn't good enough to start in Cleveland, to say that he's "not an NFL quarterback" is just idiotic. Is Brady Quinn an NFL quarterback? Blaine Gabbert? Nick Foles? Kevin Kolb? Matt Flynn? Because those guys all started NFL games this year.
    Do I need to go name all the #2 quarterbacks in the league as well? Do you believe that
    Weeden doesn't have what it takes to be even a backup in the league?

5. ODMcB

ODMcB Deputy

^This. His OLine has been touted as one of the best in pass pro in the nfl and gives him 5+ seconds to throw multiple times a game. I've watched most of their games on my CPU and here's what I think: Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress are both terrible. It's laughable watching the great coaching in Washington put their rookies in situations that suit their strengths while Shurmur puts his rookies, in a situation of having to fit his system. Good coaches mend the game to suit their players' strengths, while Shurmur just loads his crappy ideas onto the player's backs and forces them to play his style football. Shurmur hasn't improved one single player's abilities. Richardson looks terrible in this offense as well (3.2ypa).

All that being noted, I still have to say that BW has played terribly, especially at Home. His batted balls are mostly because of the system and all the chicken ish shallow routes they run, but no one is noting that- its his fault, not the play design. He never gets to go from the shotgun, which is retarded from any standpoint, but his choices and reads of when and where to throw have been awful, and possibly been much worse than his numbers show. He's had a lot, and I mean A LOT, of passes dropped that should have been INTs.

I think he needs a fresh start under a more spread-oriented coach, but I really don't think his skill position players in Cleveland have his back anymore. He just misses wide open receivers all the time. I think playing for an inexperienced, mostly rookie/sophomore roster and an unproven HC that runs a terribly predictable version of the WCO has possibly hurt his abilities, permanently. He may never get his confidence back, and I really don't see his recievers/TEs having confidence in him if he stays in Cleveland.

Pat Shurmur is ruining his game, but he hasn't really put up a fight to stop him from doing it to him, either. He needs to grow some balls and start audibling and calling his own plays. Shurmur is a lame duck, so BW might as well try playing to his own strengths. The sad part is the Browns defense has been dominant at times this season, so getting into the playoffs in the AFCNorth may never have been easier than this season. I hope he gets traded to Arizona so he can work for Whisenhunt, who knows how scheme a modern offense.

6. croc_hunter

croc_hunter Cowboy

I can't read this. How about a paragraph break every once in a while.

Birry, Orangendn and orangebullet like this.
  7. ODMcB

ODMcB Deputy

My phone doesn't like helping you out, sorry.

8. FWPoke

FWPoke An OP OG in the DFDub A/V Subscriber

What a dick comment from a guy with Weeden as his avatar.

9. the truth

the truth Cowboy

Let me rephrase that statement for you. He's isn't a very good starting qb. I stand by my general premise though, he hasn't been very good. And at this point do I don't think he's gonna make it, notice I said "at this point". I haven't seen much to lead me to believe he'll make it.

And just because your playing qb in the NFL doesn't make you an NFL qb. The guys you mentioned probably won't be starting many games or many more games in their life. It's the toughest position in sport to play and there's only about 6-8 guys in the league now that can play the position well and consistantly.

10. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

Buffalo doesn't need a QB. Fitz is a solid guy, he just needs a better supporting cast and they are 'almost' over the hump of being a Playoff bound team (THANKFULLY!!!!)

11. OrangeAggie

That's not "rephrasing your statement", that's changing your statement altogether.

Actually, that's precisely what makes you an NFL quarterback...playing quarterback in the NFL. :rolleyes:

12. Brandon36

Brandon36 Sheriff

Why do all threads have to suck now?

RolandDeschain likes this.
  13. the truth

the truth Cowboy

Exactly my point, just because you're playing in the nfl doesn't make u an nfl ready or nfl quality QB.

14. Rob B.

Rob B. Twizzard of Oz A/V Subscriber

Hey pal, if all you want is quality, join rivals. :lol:

15. OrangeAggie

YES it does. I don't really know how to make this any easier for you to comprehend. Do you understand real English, or do I need to type my responses out in the same 12-year -old girl text message style that you seem to prefer?

IF YOU ARE PLAYING QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL, IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE AN NFL QUALITY QUARTERBACK.

Every week on game day, most teams have three active quarterbacks on their roster. That means there are 99 NFL quarterbacks every Sunday. These are the quarterbacks that NFL coaches and GM's have decided are the most talented and most prepared to perform the duties needed of an NFL signal caller. They have seen these guys in camp, in practice, in college, and on the field and spend an enormous amount of time and money evaluating these players.

Please explain to me why you believe that Brandon Weeden is not one of the best 99 quarterbacks in the league. Because that's exactly the argument you're making.

16. EmptySeat

EmptySeat Sheriff

Stupid to say he isn't NFL quality. He is, right now, a low end NFL quarterback, but he's better than several starters with multiple years in the league. If he gets supplanted by a veteran like Vick, he'll be sought after by several teams.

17. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Cowboy

I hope and pray he ends up on my JETS!!!!!

18. EmptySeat

EmptySeat Sheriff

Man, though. If you thought he got hammered in Cleveland, imagine the scrutiny in New York. He's better than anyone on their roster, but they are less talented on offense than the Browns, and the NY media is sharklike.

I'd love to see him in AZ, assuming the Browns do what the Browns do, and get rid of him.

19. CoreyfreakinlovesOSU

CoreyfreakinlovesOSU Once beat Tyreek Hill in a foot race. A/V Subscriber

I think you'll end up with Mike Vick and a heavy run offense next year

20. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Those are pretty bad numbers. 57% completion rating and more INT's than TD's. Drew has more INT's because he throws it more in general, if I'm not mistaken. The fact is that Weeden has had good protection this year and has kinda stunk it up. I get that he is a Rookie but he should be improving at least a little bit. He really isn't.