Week 11 Big 12 Power Rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
1. Baylor. Unbeaten. they win ugly, but OU isnt looking so hot either these days.

2. OU. 1 loss, but not many quality wins.

3. Oklahoma State
The Hubba express rolls on. Win @ Ames, Kstate get the Cowboys in 3rd. Not a lot of elite teams in the big 12 this season.

4. Texas wins over Oklahoma State and kstate. Finally healthy, Texas could be a tough out for Baylor.

5. kstate. could not repeat their giant killer role, but own a win over OU.

6. ISU. do we give credit for close losses? When we get this far down in the rankings, the eye test matters. came within a hair of beating OU in Norman.

7. TCU-own wins over kansas and texas, better than the last 3 teams.

8. Texas tech. this is a bad football team, but they do own a win over Oklahoma State and WVU. loss to kansas is glaring but...

9. kansas is a lot better this year, and has 2 decent wins-TT and BC

10. WVU is historically bad. Never realized it but a team that lost almost everyone to graduation/NFL, has also lost 15 starters since spring ball. Just no one left, really. Probably the worst WVU team in its 110 year history. Wont win another game(or be competitive in another game). Brown called the team's mental state(fragile) and I think everyone involved just wants the season to end.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Fair list. That game in Norman last night reminded me of a bedlam game. Know exactly how ISU fans are feeling this morning. So close, but goonr majik. I do know one thing, if the sooners do somehow backdoor their way into the playoffs, it'll be the same old story with them and their bowl success. Or lack thereof.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
WVU got Holgy'd and Wick'd, the new guy will turn it around.

The goons are vastly over-rated and teetering. The rayplor clan of the bear will have their way with the woman beaters in wacko. The whorns will find a similar fate.

Power Ranking
1. Rayplor
2. Mildcats, Whorns, Goons, Cowboys
6. Suckclones, Horny Toads
8. Chickenhawks
9. Taco breaths
10.Mountaineers

Who would have thought Lester could move the chickenhawks out of the cellar?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Fair list. That game in Norman last night reminded me of a bedlam game. Know exactly how ISU fans are feeling this morning. So close, but goonr majik. I do know one thing, if the sooners do somehow backdoor their way into the playoffs, it'll be the same old story with them and their bowl success. Or lack thereof.
Obvious pass interference on the 2 point try but never going to get that call in Norman. I would have gone to OT if I were making the call. Iowa State had all the momentum and I believe would have won in OT. Sooners were going to Hack-a-Shaq on that 2 point try and that's what they did and got away with it. Almost a clone of our Corndog game with the 2 point try except ours was a terrible throw on the 2 point try.

A fatal blow was done to any chance OU had to sneak in to the playoffs. Oregon has one loss by a shoelace in the first game of the season on the road at an ranked SEC team in Auburn where they lead the entire game until the last seconds. Their remaining schedule will be blowouts and they'll go into the playoff discussion with one last second loss to Auburn in the first game of the year compared to an OU squad that lost to KSU and should have lost to Iowa State at home. The other factor is their history of getting into the playoff because of their name only to lose every time. It may be a moot argument because they may yet lose to Baylor or to us. But even if they win out and win the Big 12 Championship, effectively yesterday's poor showing after the loss to KSU was the final nail in any argument that OU had to once again back door themselves into the playoffs.

Oct 30, 2007
I'm going to laugh when a 12-1 Oklahoma team gets left out of the CFP for a 11-1 Alabama team. I couldn't blame the committee if they did that though because LSU is a much better loss than Kansas State.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
WVU got Holgy'd and Wick'd, the new guy will turn it around.

The goons are vastly over-rated and teetering. The rayplor clan of the bear will have their way with the woman beaters in wacko. The whorns will find a similar fate.

Power Ranking
1. Rayplor
2. Mildcats, Whorns, Goons, Cowboys
6. Suckclones, Horny Toads
8. Chickenhawks
9. Taco breaths
10.Mountaineers

Who would have thought Lester could move the chickenhawks out of the cellar?
I keep telling people, it’s not Lester, it’s Leslie.

Feb 3, 2011
T-Town
Looks about right. Still wondering how the %&#$ we lost to Tech?
Out coached like a mug. It has to be Gundy overriding Gleeson on the play calling. Is it against the law to throw more than one slant per game cause I can't remember seeing more than one in any one game. TE look-in play to our 6'7" TE must be against the law too.

Feb 3, 2011
T-Town
Not impressed with Baylor, just real lucky this season. LandThieves should beat them by at least 10 if they're firing on all cylinders, but they haven't been since K-State waxed them. :D

1. Baylor. Unbeaten. they win ugly, but OU isnt looking so hot either these days.

2. OU. 1 loss, but not many quality wins.

3. Oklahoma State
The Hubba express rolls on. Win @ Ames, Kstate get the Cowboys in 3rd. Not a lot of elite teams in the big 12 this season.

4. Texas wins over Oklahoma State and kstate. Finally healthy, Texas could be a tough out for Baylor.

5. kstate. could not repeat their giant killer role, but own a win over OU.

6. ISU. do we give credit for close losses? When we get this far down in the rankings, the eye test matters. came within a hair of beating OU in Norman.

7. TCU-own wins over kansas and texas, better than the last 3 teams.

8. Texas tech. this is a bad football team, but they do own a win over Oklahoma State and WVU. loss to kansas is glaring but...

9. kansas is a lot better this year, and has 2 decent wins-TT and BC

10. WVU is historically bad. Never realized it but a team that lost almost everyone to graduation/NFL, has also lost 15 starters since spring ball. Just no one left, really. Probably the worst WVU team in its 110 year history. Wont win another game(or be competitive in another game). Brown called the team's mental state(fragile) and I think everyone involved just wants the season to end.

Apr 7, 2006
Out coached like a mug. It has to be Gundy overriding Gleeson on the play calling. Is it against the law to throw more than one slant per game cause I can't remember seeing more than one in any one game. TE look-in play to our 6'7" TE must be against the law too.
Ya. No way could it have been 5 turnovers by a freshman or an offensive line that couldn't execute their base stuff. Nope couldnt be that. Generally the best way to help a team that's struggling to execute the basics is expand the playbook, right?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Never realized it but a team that lost almost everyone to graduation/NFL, has also lost 15 starters since spring ball. Just no one left, really. Probably the worst WVU team in its 110 year history. Wont win another game(or be competitive in another game). Brown called the team's mental state(fragile) and I think everyone involved just wants the season to end.
We've been telling you since August.

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
I'm going to laugh when a 12-1 Oklahoma team gets left out of the CFP for a 11-1 Alabama team. I couldn't blame the committee if they did that though because LSU is a much better loss than Kansas State.
Except for the fact that Alabama would not be a conference champion and OU would be. Equal # of losses, conference champs to trump non conference at large