1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Welcome Rochester fans!

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by pokedoc, Apr 30, 2012.

1. pokedoc

pokedoc Wrangler

As a native Oklahoman and life long OSU fan who's lived in Illinois for 20 years now, I wanted to say how excited I am to see all of you on this board! At last my beloved Cowboys are getting some exposure in the Land of Lincoln!

Many of you have probably never been to Oklahoma, but I can tell you that the people there are a lot like Illinoisans (at least those Illinoisans not from chicago :) ) It also sounds as though Rochester and Stillwater have a lot in common.

As you become more familiar with our fans, I think you'll see that they love their Cowboys while remaining grounded and emotionally stable at the same time (unlike some of the other present and former conference fan bases ;) ). You know, " salt-of-the-earth" types, much like yourselves.

Oh sure, there will be those questioning the wisdom of starting a freshman the first time Wes has a bad game, but don't ever take it as an affront to him. If he is truly the dedicated, respectful, good kid he appears to be, he will always be supported by the bulk of the fans regardless of his fortunes on the field. Please send us any more you have like him!

So, I hope to see lots of Rochester people on this board and maybe even run into some of you in Illinois or Stillwater. Here's to a great four years of Cowboy football to come!

2. WyomingCowboy86

WyomingCowboy86 Deputy

Welcome to the Orange Nation. I would not say we are grounded all the time! We love our Cowboys and Hate those "Land Thieves" south of here (OU). We see our Cowboys and all they do through Orange Glasses. We have the greatest Sport Program in the Nation and do our best to support them all! l hope you get a chance to visit Stillwater and you will learn to love it as much as us!

3. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

Those from Rochester that make the trip to Stillwater are in for the times of their lives. There are few things on Earth like gameday in Stillwater.

osucam, OSU Sig, Epperley28 and 6 others like this.
  4. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

And one of those things is gameday in Lubbutt. Seeing as how Tech invented gamedays, you know.

5. Travis

Travis Deputy

FIFY.

Poke4Life88 likes this.
  6. ChinMusic

ChinMusic Wrangler

Sitting here wearing an OSU polo as I type. We've been looking at your fall sched to see what might work out. Having HS games on a Friday night and an 8-hr drive to Stillwater is rough. Prob find a week where we have a cupcake on the sched and drive to Stillwater on Friday (stay in Tulsa). Gotta remember to have coins in the car for the toll roads.......

I think I'm the only Rochester poster to make it to your Spring Game. Had a great time and did manage a burger at Eskimo Joe's.

osucam, CowboyMom, JavaGuy and 5 others like this.
  7. IlliniAmy

IlliniAmy Wrangler

Thanks for the welcome! I probably won't make it to Stillwater (this year -- perhaps down the road). However, the closest game geographically will be in Lawrence on October 13th. I'm in the midst of making plans to attend.

I'm going to make it a dual purpose trip. We adopted our daughter 16 months ago at the age of 9 (she's obviously now 10) from China. Another girl from the same orphanage lives nearby to Lawrence (Lee's Summit, Missouri), so I'm going to bring my daughter along for a reunion of sorts. In fact, I may leave her to play with her former "little sister" while I go to the game.

I can't wait.

osucam, CowboyMom, pokes16 and 9 others like this.
  8. gregdpowell

gregdpowell Wrangler

Amy might be able to help us here with this - any players on this years team that are possible recruits for OSU? I still think we should get Zach Grant on campus and see if he can grow like Weeden/Cooper did together. We're loaded at receiver, but that inside slot position might be a good place for him in the coming years.

Also, how crazy of an idea is it for a group of Cowboy fans from here to visit Rochester for a game? If there was a recruit we had playing there again this season I think it would be a heck of a fun road trip.

IlliniAmy likes this.
  9. IlliniAmy

IlliniAmy Wrangler

I think you probably missed out on the Division I talent in this class. Incoming senior Garret Dooley has already committed to Wisconsin. There were quite a few upper classmen playing last season, so we'll see how the young ones fill in this season. Might be a good topic to revisit come September.

Wes Lunt's replacement, Austin Green, is an impressive athlete. Though he'll be quarterbacking, he had success has a receiver as well.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPhW1DW8ko

10. ChinMusic

ChinMusic Wrangler

Even though he will be our QB next year I see more of a future on the defensive side of the ball.

IlliniAmy likes this.
  11. IlliniAmy

IlliniAmy Wrangler

Chin, what do we have in this fall's junior class? I've been racking my brain trying to come up with names.

12. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

BUT CHEESE FRIES, MAN. DID YOU HAVE THE CHEESE FRIES?

13. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

The one thing I really miss from Stilly food-wise is Hideaway Pizza. I was just barely pre-Eskimo Joe's as a student.

14. ChinMusic

ChinMusic Wrangler

No, but I just put it on my list.

15. TruthRoderick

TruthRoderick Wrangler

Brave to admit lol;)

16. RocketCowboy

RocketCowboy Wrangler

Actually we only lost 6 starters this year (ok.....2 are state record holders). We have a pretty good junior class returning......soph class returning and did have 46 freshman play on fresh team this year. Another thing Rochester and Stillwater probably have in common is that once you get a great program going then you expect to win and that emminates from players AND fans. Great programs breed success which I believe is the case at both schools.

17. O-St8

O-St8 Orange is power. A/V Subscriber

You must have been there just before my folks. Joe's opened up while they were in undergrad (dad went on to vet school). In fact Stan took my aunt out on a couple of dates. Man...just think if that had worked out......so......many......cheese-fries....

OSU79 likes this.
  18. Epperley28

Epperley28 Federal Marshal A/V Subscriber

Drop fried mushrooms and a Paradise Pie at Hideaway on there, too. You can thank me later. :thumbup:

19. Epperley28

Epperley28 Federal Marshal A/V Subscriber

You could be dead right now...but what a way to go!

[​IMG]

20. O-St8

O-St8 Orange is power. A/V Subscriber

Mmmm...I'm only 31. I'd say I would have dropped dead just after 50 in that scenario. So I'd probably have about 1 and 3/4 of my coronaries clogged with deliciousness at this point.

osucam likes this.