What are you guys’ opinions on John Wozniak?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
I never really see him mentioned very much and I was curious on what people thought about him. I’m not super happy about whiffing on both Ngata and Jacobs but IDK how much of that is his fault. But Chuba is obviously amazing so IDK.

Jan 14, 2006
Still TBD but pretty good so far. Didn't recruit but coached up Justice and Chuba the last two years.

He brought in Glass late last year and we seem to be in on a couple really good backs late in this cycle. Get one of them and I'm happy

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
I never really see him mentioned very much and I was curious on what people thought about him. I’m not super happy about whiffing on both Ngata and Jacobs but IDK how much of that is his fault. But Chuba is obviously amazing so IDK.
Let's get the facts out there so that people can make an informed opinion. We didn't "whiff" on Jacobs. We eventually took his offer away. Let's just say he has baggage we didn't want to have to deal with. His "whiff" on Ngata? 5 star, west coast guy, legit offers from lots of schools, I'm not going to ding him for not landing the guy. You sure can if you feel that way. Landed a 4 star in Glass last year. Still has the potential to land another 4 star this recruiting cycle. Not sure theres anything to discuss at this point.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Chuba was primarily recruited by Arroyo. Not that I dislike Woz, just wanting to point that out, but gotta give him credit for his development.

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
Let's get the facts out there so that people can make an informed opinion. We didn't "whiff" on Jacobs. We eventually took his offer away. Let's just say he has baggage we didn't want to have to deal with. His "whiff" on Ngata? 5 star, west coast guy, legit offers from lots of schools, I'm not going to ding him for not landing the guy. You sure can if you feel that way. Landed a 4 star in Glass last year. Still has the potential to land another 4 star this recruiting cycle. Not sure theres anything to discuss at this point.
I didn’t know about us rescinding our offer to Jacobs. What baggage did he have?

Oct 30, 2007
He's done well with the players he's inherited, but just about anyone would do well with Justice Hill & Chuba Hubbard. We won't know how good of a coach he is until his recruits start playing meaningful snaps.

Glass looks like a good prospect on paper. We need to land Bradford in the late signing period to build depth for the future.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
I didn’t know about us rescinding our offer to Jacobs. What baggage did he have?
He was in and out of the doghouse at Owasso all year. Was suspended from the team early in the season. That combined with a small injury kept him out most of the year. He later wanted to return, his coaches gave him things he had to do to get back into good graces with the team. He failed to live up to those.