What is your coolest or most unusual OSU / Oklahoma A&M item in your collection?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Ok, so we were in Katy, Texas looking at a property my client wants to buy. Scanning through the pics my wife took and come across this. Not something I own or even real memorabilia, but still seems somehow appropriate. Note this is in a memory care center so I sure hope this is about the resident's grandkid. Regardless, I always like to see random OSU fans in not so ordinary places
View attachment 78406
I'll be a topper on this one. My parents had some friends who went on a mission for their church to Paraguay. They were in some village, helping build a church. This village only had power a couple of hours a day, and had 1 store to find what you want. In that store was a Oklahoma State Cowgirl's basketball.
I went into a Target store in Nashville Saturday night and the first guy I encountered was wearing an orange Eskimo Joe's sweatshirt. I, naturally, was also wearing orange, as I am prone to do on road trips (long sleeved osu tee). We were both looking for TP, Target had none.

In true collegial fashion I pointed out to him the two six packs of generic TP he thought he'd scored were actually paper towels, which he promptly returned to the shelf.

It later occurred to me perhaps he was aware of what he had but was laying in emergency stock. Now I wonder which of us was the idiot.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
View attachment 78425

So, included in these is a signed Inky jersey, signed photos of Heaney and Glover, signed baseballs by Robin Ventura, Mike Henneman, Luke Scott, Josh Fields, Joel Horlen, Jeromy Burnitz, and Tyler Lyons. A ball signed by the entire 2016 Omaha team, as well as signed Ventura, Farris, Brown, Mercer, and Mangini cards.

Also have framed media guides from the 1983, 1985, 1990, 1991, and 1995 seasons. Thanks @casdas !!!
Of course PTak has a GREAT collection

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
Some things that aren't necessarily valuable or historical, but they're fun -

At some point in the 1960s certain gas stations would give you a frosted drinking glass tumbler with a college on it. Most of them were the old Southwest Conference schools as this was a regional thing. LSU and OU were also included as part of the set. I don't own any of those, but I have three examples of the OSU glass, that was never advertised as part of the set, as far as I know. You can't tell me it wasn't the 11th piece in the set.

In about 1970 and 1971, you could order a clock like this out of the football program. I've seen pics of examples from schools from the old Big 8, SWC, Big Ten, Pac-8, and ACC. When I found my OSU example, one of the hands was broken and it didn't run, so I put a new modern AA battery movement in it and replaced the hands.

Lots of baseball in this thread. I have a whole duffel bag of balls I pulled out of the hedge that used to be right behind the outfield fence at Allie P, a Ray Etchebarren jersey from about 1980, and some CWS pennants.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
@casdas You might find it interesting, in an antique shop in Edmond I found a Missouri Valley Conference wrestling team trophy that OSU had won back in the 20's (I think). They wanted more for it than I was prepared to pay, but I called the athletic department and let them know in case they wanted it for the heritage hall. I got the "why is this Boomer bugging me?" vibe from the kid who answered the phone.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
@casdas You might find it interesting, in an antique shop in Edmond I found a Missouri Valley Conference wrestling team trophy that OSU had won back in the 20's (I think). They wanted more for it than I was prepared to pay, but I called the athletic department and let them know in case they wanted it for the heritage hall. I got the "why is this Boomer bugging me?" vibe from the kid who answered the phone.
cmon, man, how much was it??

casdas

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 14, 2004
Yukon, OK
Love this. Same here. My stuff pales in comparison to a lot of you guys.
I hesitate sometimes to post photos of things, because I don’t ever want anyone to think I’m showing off. My intent is always just, “here’s something I think is cool and I’d like other Pokes to be able to see it too”

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Love this. Same here. My stuff pales in comparison to a lot of you guys.
I love seeing the OSU stuff everyone has, especially stuff I've never seen before. I have a lot of orange, nothing particularly old, rare or expensive but I like it all and enjoy collecting it. I'm a sucker for anything OSU, road signs, metal advertising signs, holiday blow mold decorations and license plates. I've began decorating the barn with the signs and license plates. The holiday blow molds are a new habit the wife and I have picked up recently.

Last edited: