What Trump Has Not Done

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Not Seizing Control

President Donald Trump is one of the very few executives in the entire world who has not taken advantage of the latest global pandemic as an excuse to seize control.

Not Launching Wars

Both of the previous two presidents were elected in part by a promise to move away from interventionist foreign policy. Both clearly failed. President George W. Bush campaigned on a promise to not nation-build. Instead, he launched a war against Iraq, notably mostly for its many years of nation-building that followed.

President Barack Obama campaigned on a promise to stop endless wars. The military-industrial complex had other ideas, including launching an invasion of Libya and using drone strikes even on American citizens abroad. Obama’s military campaigns included Yemen, Syria, and Somalia.

Not Ignoring Campaign Promises

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/2...mXEmWOpJuVRqjvo0Nfi66z0#.X5G6PcoSKn8.facebook

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I'll add these as well.

You haven't had to deal with increased personal taxes.

You haven't had to deal with increased business taxes.

You haven't had to deal with increased federal regulations.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
We talking about the same Trump who sold Nukes to Saudi Arabia and just sold $1.8B of weapons to Taiwan?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54641076

Also on those Drones.

"According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238."

Don't think this is an issue of one set of policy vs another though. Just think it is how technology has been changing.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Trump also hasn't supplied guns to drug cartels in Mexico.

Can anyone tell me how the Obama Administration planned to trace guns they allowed to cross the border other than identify them at the scene of a crime that possibly resulted in the murder of innocent people?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
We talking about the same Trump who sold Nukes to Saudi Arabia and just sold $1.8B of weapons to Taiwan?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54641076

Also on those Drones.

"According to a 2018 report in The Daily Beast, Obama launched 186 drone strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during his first two years in office. In Trump’s first two years, he launched 238."

Don't think this is an issue of one set of policy vs another though. Just think it is how technology has been changing.
Let me introduce to you the old and classic strategy of "deterrence".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Trump also hasn't supplied guns to drug cartels in Mexico.

Can anyone tell me how the Obama Administration planned to trace guns they allowed to cross the border other than identify them at the scene of a crime that possibly resulted in the murder of innocent people?
Hadn't read up on this. Sounds like they sold 2000 known guns through channels to try to trace them. Just over 600 were recovered and helped track how they got sold.

According to [U.S.] Justice Department figures, 94,000 weapons were recovered from Mexican drug cartels in the five years between 2006 and 2011.

They think a majority of them were illegally smuggled from the US so the ATF was trying to get to the routes they used by supplying roughly 1.5% of the market to help bring that number down through tracing.

So in essence you saying Obama supplied guns to cartels is like me saying police supply drugs to dealers if they do a couple stings.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
What in God's name is the problem with selling arms to Taiwan?
I don't have a problem with it. Gonna piss off China and help keep Taiwan safe. But also may lead to increased tensions.

Mostly it was in response to the second bullet point. "move away from interventionist foreign policy."

You cannot call out other administrations for doing it and expect me to ignore Trump doing it.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Hadn't read up on this. Sounds like they sold 2000 known guns through channels to try to trace them. Just over 600 were recovered and helped track how they got sold.

According to [U.S.] Justice Department figures, 94,000 weapons were recovered from Mexican drug cartels in the five years between 2006 and 2011.

They think a majority of them were illegally smuggled from the US so the ATF was trying to get to the routes they used by supplying roughly 1.5% of the market to help bring that number down through tracing.

So in essence you saying Obama supplied guns to cartels is like me saying police supply drugs to dealers if they do a couple stings.
My question is how do you trace them?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
My question is how do you trace them?
I think just serial numbers. Then you know which ones you sold to people in the US at point A got to Mexico at point B later and try to track it back. Only about a third were of value.

Yeah it is unfortunate that they made it to cartels but clearly they are trying to stop the flow of 100s of thousands of weapons to cartels by entering a few thousand to get invaluable info.

Not to mention the cartels can clearly get weapons without difficulty. They are just trying to stop the flow from the US to mexico.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Trump is terrible:
The worst wannabe dictator ever.
The worst racist ever.
The worst anti-semite ever.
The worst warmonger ever.
The worst homophobe ever.

No wonder the left hates him so much, he has failed to live up to any of their expectations of him.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I think just serial numbers. Then you know which ones you sold to people in the US at point A got to Mexico at point B later and try to track it back. Only about a third were of value.

Yeah it is unfortunate that they made it to cartels but clearly they are trying to stop the flow of 100s of thousands of weapons to cartels by entering a few thousand to get invaluable info.

Not to mention the cartels can clearly get weapons without difficulty. They are just trying to stop the flow from the US to mexico.
So at the point of a crime when perhaps an innocent child lost their life. Cool program....

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
So at the point of a crime when perhaps an innocent child lost their life. Cool program....
Ha, they were getting 100s of thousands of guns. Do you really think the cartels were struggling to find guns. Are you that naïve?

And how does giving known serial number guns to possible sources in the US add to the danger of a Child's life?

That is a huge leap you are going to have to fill me in on.

Let's keep in mind the stings happened from 2006 to 2011. So under Bush and Obama.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Ha, they were getting 100s of thousands of guns. Do you really think the cartels were struggling to find guns. Are you that naïve?

And how does giving known serial number guns to possible sources in the US add to the danger of a Child's life?

Let's keep in mind the stings happened from 2006 to 2011. So under Bush and Obama.
They purposely let those guns walk. They were involved in a reported 179 crime scenes in Mexico, and 130 crime scenes in the United States. You seriously dismiss that as nothing to be concerned about?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Additionally, my point is valid. Trump didn't make that idiot policy mistake!

And let's not forget, Obama lied about knowledge of the program and so did the AG of the United States. In fact the AG lied to Congress about the program.

And you're ok with that?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
They purposely let those guns walk. They were involved in a reported 179 crime scenes in Mexico, and 130 crime scenes in the United States. You seriously dismiss that as nothing to be concerned about?
Yeah, they entered a product into a crime circuit to track crime committed with those products to find the source. That was literally the idea.

Those guns are a commodity. They are going to make it there regardless. Or are you of the opinion that guns commit crimes? That simply cutting access to guns is the answer to stop crime.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, they entered a product into a crime circuit to track crime committed with those products to find the source. That was literally the idea.

Those guns are a commodity. They are going to make it there regardless. Or are you of the opinion that guns commit crimes? That simply cutting access to guns is the answer to stop crime.
Hardly, but supplying guns to criminals you know are going to use them to commit crimes (esp. crimes against innocent people) is a crime!!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't be ok with that.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Hardly, but supplying guns to criminals you know are going to use them to commit crimes is a crime!!!!
No it is not. Again you are not supplying guns. The guns are there by the 100s of thousands.

They use that strategy with drugs too. Bust someone distributing and mark his product so they can track smuggling routes. You are not complicit in those drug crimes. You are trying to bring down bigger fish.

Marked Money to track crime. If that money is used to pay for a hit you are not complicit. It would be there anyway.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Or a border patrol agent kidd3ing his life. Oh wait, that actually happened.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk