Who’s gonna watch?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
From what I understand the NBA ratings are pretty high.

NBA Restart Debut Averaged 3.4 Million Viewers, Doubling Regular Season Audience. The NBA restart double-header on Thursday averaged 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling TNT's average viewership for a regular season telecast, according to the network.4 days ago

So if it doesn’t meet your racist narrative. To bad!
Did you watch both games?

Oct 30, 2007
From what I understand the NBA ratings are pretty high.

NBA Restart Debut Averaged 3.4 Million Viewers, Doubling Regular Season Audience. The NBA restart double-header on Thursday averaged 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling TNT's average viewership for a regular season telecast, according to the network.4 days ago

So if it doesn’t meet your racist narrative. To bad!
The opening night ratings for the NBA & MLB were very high, but they've been pretty underwhelming since then. I think that people were starved for sports, but they were a little turned off by the politics. It probably doesn't help that there's no atmosphere without the fans.

BTW, the player with the 2nd highest jersey sales in the NBA now is Jonathan Isaac.

Oct 30, 2007
MLB's ratings are up. The NBA's ratings have dropped to their lowest level in over 40 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mauryb...for-mlb-are-up-compared-to-2019/#75188ad73441
MLB teams and their regional sports networks through July 30 saw an overall increase of 17% year-over-year in total ratings (3.66 vs. 3.11).

Sports Illustrated sucks, but here's a link to the story.
Dating from the start of the season, ratings for broadcasts of NBA games have nosedived to levels perhaps not seen since the 1970s.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
MLB's ratings are up. The NBA's ratings have dropped to their lowest level in over 40 years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mauryb...for-mlb-are-up-compared-to-2019/#75188ad73441
MLB teams and their regional sports networks through July 30 saw an overall increase of 17% year-over-year in total ratings (3.66 vs. 3.11).

Dating from the start of the season, ratings for broadcasts of NBA games have nosedived to levels perhaps not seen since the 1970s.
When playoff games are on tape delay at 10:30 pm THEN it will be like the '70s. And only 1 game per night. And not every night.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I've tried, but sports without audience doesn't work for me.

Being concerned about an athlete's politics is as asinine as complaining that a stripper giving you a lap dance is a flat-earther.

If that's your primary concern, you're likely boring as hell to talk with.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

Also, only 20ish teams came back because the others were already eliminated from the playoffs. Not all the franchises were playing like MLB.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Being concerned about an athlete's politics is as asinine as complaining that a stripper giving you a lap dance is a flat-earther.

I asked in the politics zoo why I shouldn't watch people I disagree with politically try to hurt each other on the football field.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

I asked in the politics zoo why I shouldn't watch people I disagree with politically try to hurt each other on the football field.
It's not so principled for me. It's that I'm so sick of politics invading every part of my existence that I recently took a break from social media, and have generally dialed back my consumption of news as a whole. Sports were an escape from that until recently. There would be an occasional comment or something in the past, but nothing like it is now; where commentators, networks, and athletes use it as a political platform. I just have no interest in hearing more of it, regardless of the opinion. I'm sick of it, and have found better uses for my time.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

I doubt it’s anyone’s primary concern. I think people are just fatigued by politics invading nearly everything in life. There’s so much competition for at home entertainment I don’t see what’s wrong with people choosing to not watch sports if it fails to be the escape it once was.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

That's what's so great about capitalism. If you want to continue giving money to people you disagree with, you can (I don't know if you disagree with them on this issue or not). Other people will choose to spend their time and/or money elsewhere....why does that bother you so much?

What if the stripper had swastika tattoos and kept shouting white power during the lap dance? My bet is you'd pick a different stripper....just like some of us are picking a different entertainment to watch.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Meh, I wouldn’t know about strippers. Maybe that’s your pastime. If so, I’m quite sure you’d be boring as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
That's what's so great about capitalism. If you want to continue giving money to people you disagree with, you can (I don't know if you disagree with them on this issue or not). Other people will choose to spend their time and/or money elsewhere....why does that bother you so much?

What if the stripper had swastika tattoos and kept shouting white power during the lap dance? My bet is you'd pick a different stripper....just like some of us are picking a different entertainment to watch.
yet, here you are on a sports message board.

Also political parties are a little different than supporting Jewish genocide.

I'm fairly confident neither Barack Obama or George W. Bush openly advocated for mass genocide.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
It's not so principled for me. It's that I'm so sick of politics invading every part of my existence that I recently took a break from social media, and have generally dialed back my consumption of news as a whole. Sports were an escape from that until recently. There would be an occasional comment or something in the past, but nothing like it is now; where commentators, networks, and athletes use it as a political platform. I just have no interest in hearing more of it, regardless of the opinion. I'm sick of it, and have found better uses for my time.
I agree, sports has become politicized. And Social media is garbage.
I'm not sure if it's an exclusively American ideal, but we tend to favor conflict over cooperation.

One of my favorite comedians - Doug Stanhope has said, "Nobody goes back inside the bar to listen to the cover band, after a fight breaks out in the parking lot"

Also on a Facebook break myself, I would likely have a tiny social media presence if it wasn't for work.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I’ve watched every MLB game this season for my team of choice. The lack of a crowd hasn’t affected my enjoyment at all. I love it

I can and will get just as excited for OSU games with or with out Robert Allen on the sideline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk