Who we rooting for?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
I got y’all. Alright... here are the most important games in the next two weeks. This, of course, assumes we win out against the remaining Texas teams. (TTU, TCU, BU).

November 28th:
1. Texas vs ISU (ISU NEEDS to win)
2. UO vs WVU (doesn’t matter either way)

December 5th:
1. ISU vs WVU (WVU NEEDS to win)
2. Texas vs KSU (KSU must if ISU lost to Texas)
3. UO vs BU (doesn’t matter either way).

CCG:
Bedlam 2.0.

This is the most realistic scenario. Texas needs ONE more loss either to ISU or KSU which is possible. The goons are not losing another game, so don’t count on the other teams winning against them. Lastly, ISU needs ONE more loss either to Texas or WVU. ISU is the only realistic team to beat Texas, so WVU has to be the one to beat ISU.

These are the team to root for.

I like to consider our game against the Goons last night on how Daniel-San first fought Johnny Lawrence. If we see them in the CCG for Bedlam 2.0.....I suspect a much more competitive fight from OSU.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I got y’all. Alright... here are the most important games in the next two weeks. This, of course, assumes we win out against the remaining Texas teams. (TTU, TCU, BU).

November 28th:

December 5th:

CCG:
Bedlam 2.0.

This is the most realistic scenario. Texas needs ONE more loss either to ISU or KSU which is possible. The goons are not losing another game, so don’t count on the other teams winning against them. Lastly, ISU needs ONE more loss either to Texas or WVU. ISU is the only realistic team to beat Texas, so WVU has to be the one to beat ISU.

I like to consider our game against the Goons last night on how Daniel-San first fought Johnny Lawrence. If we see them in the CCG for Bedlam 2.0.....I suspect a much more competitive fight from OSU.
I'm fine with only losing Bedlam once a year.

I'll be rooting for WVU for sure, if that happens I'll start thinking of conference championship. Even though I'm not confident OSU wins out.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok

November 28th:

December 5th:

CCG:
Bedlam 2.0.

I usually avoid Berry Tramel articles but saw this comment today -"A narrow path remains for OSU, 4-2 in the Big 12, to reach Arlington. A longshot, but possible. But that narrow path does not include a Bedlam rematch."

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
I usually avoid Berry Tramel articles but saw this comment today -"A narrow path remains for OSU, 4-2 in the Big 12, to reach Arlington. A longshot, but possible. But that narrow path does not include a Bedlam rematch."
Yes. This path he’s talking about is if UO drops a game against Baylor or West Virgina....along with ISU winning out, that means OSU vs ISU in Arlington.

UO is NOT losing to WVU or Baylor, they’re not. We can see ISU beating Texas and slipping against WVU, that’s a real possibility. If that happens...it’s Bedlam 2.0, why?

There’s would be a 3-way time between:
1. ISU 2 loss (OSU, WVU)
2. UO 2 loss (ISU, KSU)
3. OSU 2 loss (UT, UO)

If I understand the tie breaker correctly....actually. I think we’re left out because we got blown out by UO. Now I’m not sure anymore...I had thought since we had the head to head against ISU we were in but ISU has the head to head against UO..

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Yes. This path he’s talking about is if UO drops a game against Baylor or West Virgina....along with ISU winning out, that means OSU vs ISU in Arlington.

UO is NOT losing to WVU or Baylor, they’re not. We can see ISU beating Texas and slipping against WVU, that’s a real possibility. If that happens...it’s Bedlam 2.0, why?

There’s would be a 3-way time between:
1. ISU 2 loss (OSU, WVU)
2. UO 2 loss (ISU, KSU)
3. OSU 2 loss (UT, UO)

If I understand the tie breaker correctly....actually. I think we’re left out because we got blown out by UO. Now I’m not sure anymore...I had thought since we had the head to head against ISU we were in but ISU has the head to head against UO..
You are correct. All 3 teams would be 1-1 against each other. The next tiebreaking rule is to compare records with the next highest team in the standings which is most likely Texas. In that case, OU would have the advantage and move ahead. We have the loss to Texas and the ISU/Texas winner is still TBD.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Why would any of y’all want to play ou again? They ain’t losing again
So you would rather not take 2nd in the Big12 and play in the title game and have another shot at OU because we would lose to them again?

Not the competitive type, eh?

I guess I am wired different. I would much rather see my team play for a shot at a title even if that meant another bad loss to my rival, than to not have a chance to compete at all.

Oct 24, 2012
SW OKC
It's going to be hard to rally this team to play going forward. Wallace and Hubbard may just need to opt out. The product we put out the last two weeks is not good.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
First, I hoping/praying for WV victory...I don't see OSU getting into championship game, too many scenarios have to go our way...if not us, I hope for ANYONE but ou to win it...go texas, go iowa state, anyone....

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
You are correct. All 3 teams would be 1-1 against each other. The next tiebreaking rule is to compare records with the next highest team in the standings which is most likely Texas. In that case, OU would have the advantage and move ahead. We have the loss to Texas and the ISU/Texas winner is still TBD.
Let’s say ISU wins against Texas. The actual #4 team would KSU, actually.

Which means ISU vs OSU. Looks like UO would be done.

This only happens if ISU wins out and OSU/UO wins out. Same if KSU wins out.

marshmo

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2013
The fact that we need to root for someone other than ourselves is the problem. Considering this is a year that has OU and Texas with two losses.

I get it though, what's done is done. I'm rooting for cyclones, then mountaineers.