1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Will Dean Blevins ever lose his job?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by wdaniel, Jul 19, 2007.

1. wdaniel

Banned wdaniel Banned

This is a question that needs to be figured out.

(IN MY OPINION)

Given his constant slighting of all things Oklahoma State at virtually ANY opportunity he has, his amazing penchant for being totally unprepared, his inability to say anything that can be understood, and his questionable level of intelligence, I see no reason why he should be News9's news director much longer.

I don't know ANYONE who thinks he's a good journalist, that he's good at what he does, or that they approve of him (and this extends to OU fans as well).

Is anyone else of like opinion?
  2. derrall

derrall Greenhorn

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything sure goes here. I still love the cowboys and will ride out with orange streaming.
  3. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Cowboy

Will Holcomb get fired? He is obviously pro-cowboy.

I'm guessing no to both.
  4. wdaniel

Banned wdaniel Banned

Holcomb is a decent journalist. Dean seems constantly occupied with something else. At all times. It is very unnerving. On the Sports Animal, it is nearly impossible for anyone to have a conversation with the guy.
  5. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

I completely agree, " The Stream's" desire to pump up OU at every turn is getting old, but where would he go? They will not fire him so is there a possible job for him at OU so he can leave?
  6. h0ozurdady

A/V Subscriber h0ozurdady Cowboy

I'm sure they can find him something in the compliance department. Since a blind monkey could do that job, maybe Dean could too. :D
  7. OSUCHOCTAW

OSUCHOCTAW Wrangler

Im sure Deano will announce the OU football games for the media stations
  8. OSUgrad02

OSUgrad02 Deputy

Dean is difficult to listen to even if he isn't bashing OSU. The other day they were having a discussion about Bonds and the homers and Griffey came up. Blevins was asked about Griffey and the "what if" question and starts babbling about something irrelevant and finally spits out "Griffey's only mistake was getting hurt." I didn't know getting hurt was a mistake, and then he proceeds to say "if it weren't for his injuries he could have put up huge numbers." Huh? I'd say on his way to over 600 homers are pretty huge, Deano.
  9. okcfan33

okcfan33 Cowboy

Despite his lack of journalistic skills, Dean did have the decency to send a camera crew to tour BPS construction last night. They got basically the same tour we've been seeing on the video updates. It nearly pained Toby Rowland to say the cowboys would have the nicest locker rooms in the country.

haha.
  10. officespacecowboy

officespacecowboy Cowboy

Grow a pair derrall. :D

To say that Dean is a poor jounalist is an understatement! The man speaks in shorthand like he is reading someone else's notes and thinks his picking scores on-air qualifies as reporting the news. He's a horrible excuse for a journalist who rode Bill Teegins coat-tails and then took over after Bill was lost in the plane crash. The program director at channel 9 apparently does not watch sports. Regardless of which teams he does or does not like, the guy sucks at his job.
  11. wreck

wreck Cowboy

As long as "Management/Ownership" of the station are OU grads --- No!
  12. officespacecowboy

officespacecowboy Cowboy

Are you kidding? He had the decency to send a camera to a media tour of the largest sports stadium construction project going on in the state... How nice of them, wouldn't want to put them out. Good thing Toby wasn't busy shining Dean's golf shoes. :x
  13. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

And, as long as the majority of Yardman u fans are local, Deano will be met with open arms. The only orange ever mentioned in a positive light usually comes via John Holcomb from Tulsa... the one shining light in a yardman u vacume.
  14. Aaron C.

Aaron C. AKA Shortbus

Dean Blevins is one of the VERY FEW people I can possibly think of that I would actually root to fail (at his current job at least).

He simply does not deserve the job in terms of qualification and based on past and current performance, and he's a detriment to Oklahoma State University, AND to those seeking fair and balanced news coverage in all the world of sports.

And...he's just not a good person :p. Now, I cannot comment on him personally, and USUALLY I will not comment on someone like that if I don't know them, but I truly believe that based on EVERYTHING I've heard, from EVERYONE who I've ever heard comment on the man personally, he's a total prick and the evidence is overwhelming, so that's where I stand.

I should also add, that I don't care if he is the worst human being on the planet, as long as it does not affect his job. Obviously, it does affect his job a great deal, hence the above commentary.
  15. 4edmondpokes

4edmondpokes Cowboy

I can comment on him personally. He is the same pompous ass in real life as he seems on TV. The Stream constantly acts like everyone should know who he is and should treat him like a king.

I had the unfortunate opportunity to play golf with The Stream last year. All Dean did was talk about himself, how good of a golfer he was, who he knew, his days at Gooner U, etc. It was nauseating. And he treated the staff horribly. A true ass.

But in case anyone was wondering, I beat Dean by 4 and won $20. He didn't have much to say after the round.
  16. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

My exposure to Dean comes through his ex wife named Shelly. A real doll (isn't it always like that..a doll marries a dic*) and literally a Julia Roberts look alike. She told me what a scummy bunch of humans he hung with. Her first and subsequent intos to King Barry amounted to him grabbing her a$$ and Dean ignoring it each time. They are now divorced but I knew she hated most of his business/pesonal associates. Typical behavior you would expect from The Stream.
  17. OrangeAlum

OrangeAlum Cowboy

Watching 'The Stream' do "Live"-shots for Channel 9 is truly amazing. Blevins has become a joke, a parody of himself. He is so laughably bad without a teleprompter (or with it for that matter) it defies description. He'll do things like stick his finger in his ear and say, "I can't hear you back to the studio."

I also love it when Al and Traber team up on Dean on the Animal. They show just how stupid the guy really is. He's not a smart person, terrible at his job, and is a blatant Wagon Head.
  18. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

OSU hating aside, he is extremely difficult to listen to on the Animal. In fact, yesterday he was actually trying to talk about a conversation he had with Rob Glass which I thought could be interesting, but he kept trailing off and interrupting Craig Humphreys with his lame play by play of some local golf tournament. I swear he's either loaded up on pain pills every time he's on the air, or he's showing the early signs of alzheimer's, because the guy has the attention span of a 3 year old. It's actually pretty said to listen to/watch.

You guys are right though, I absolutely LOVE the total dominance hour, because Al and Jim give Dean so much crap (especially Al), it's hilarious.
  19. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Understandable that Al would stack the crap...naked mole rat vs coverboy ex QB. There is a reason Al never removes his hat, the glare has been known to blind.
  20. orangebullet

orangebullet Deputy

I have just begun to notice how ANNOYING that sign off is: "That'll do it." It is always very abrupt and goofy timing.....