Worst loss of the Gundy era

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Not sure this is the worst, but it's in the discussion. We just got dominated in all phases of the game. My vote would likely be CMU in 2016, but K state may not be much better than that team and they hammered us. Baylor in 2005 was pretty terrible as well. Genuinely interested in others' thoughts after today's embarrassment.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Yup. CMU and this one are top two. I can't tell you how sick to death I was with the asterisk by the CMU loss. Never should have been in a position to lose on the last play of the game in the first place!

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yup. CMU and this one are top two. I can't tell you how sick to death I was with the asterisk by the CMU loss. Never should have been in a position to lose on the last play of the game in the first place!
The difference is we never would have lost to CMU if the game were played by the rules. K-State whipped us straight up.

Now, if we played decently then CMU should have never been in a position to win on a crazy play after regulation was supposed to end.

Aug 16, 2008
Oklahoma City
I cannot think of another game in Gundy’s watch where the following are true as is of today’s game:

1. A must-win situation.
2. A game where the o-line must show improvement (but did not)
3. A game where half-time adjustments done by the other side did not win the game for them (which obviously it did t okay).
4. A lack of effort, desire, sense of urgency, by the players in a situation that called for same.
5. A game where our coach got “out-coached” two years in a row by a very very old man.
6. A game where we needed to get the ball successfully to our great RB.
7. A game where our talent level is equal to and better than our opponent.

And yet we get whipped 31-12.

It’s hard to think of a more disappointing loss in a most disappointing effort by our players and coaches.

Kev_Dawg

Banned
Banned
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Everyone is entitled to a moment of emotional response, but throwing away such a successful coach would be crazy because of one bad season.
He's being a stubborn idiot right now. But firing him would not be very smart at all. If we're gonna do that, need to come up with a plan first. And as far as I know there's not any better options available right now.