Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
So you apparently did not read my comment. I was talking about two parent whole families out and wondered why one parent could not stay at home or even in the car with the kids. Yes I understand single parents but that was not my comment at all, you just decided to twist it to fit your narrative.
My intention wasn’t to twist. The last paragraph wasn’t necessarily intended to you - just amazing to me all the social media comments I am reading. But I did reply to your post and included in my same comment ... so my error.

Personally, I still don’t find any problem with whole family going out. Doesnt make much difference if all four in the family go out or just three.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
So growth rates of known cases are rising more in the states that went faster with lockdown orders than states than did not.
Are you going to cruise once a year in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually scheduled to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of the New Orleans port on March 14th. Once they canceled that cruise we were offered a full refund or a 125% credit to a future cruise. We chose the credit. My family will continue to cruise in the future.
To each their own, but I literally wouldn’t step foot on an ocean cruise if they paid me. And not because I don’t like boats or cruises.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
My intention wasn’t to twist. The last paragraph wasn’t necessarily intended to you, but I did reply to your post and included in my same comment ... so my error.

Personally, I still don’t find any problem with whole family going out. Doesnt make much difference if all four in the family go out or just three.
We are good, the real problem I saw was the normal parents not parenting and the kids were running around touching everything. If they were infected they spread it all over the store and it can live on most surfaces for at least a little while apparently.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
My intention wasn’t to twist. The last paragraph wasn’t necessarily intended to you - just amazing to me all the social media comments I am reading. But I did reply to your post and included in my same comment ... so my error.

As just an old man, I’d like to see parents STOP allowing their kids to fondle dang near every piece of produce in the store. Virus, what virus?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I think some are missing the point. Whether it’s a cruise ship or merchant vessel, to be flagged as a US ship it must be built in the US - which is cost prohibitive in almost all cases.

Where are all the enormous yachts being built. Devos has ten.
Beats me, but private yachts are not engaged in commerce.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I was actually scheduled to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of the New Orleans port on March 14th. Once they canceled that cruise we were offered a full refund or a 125% credit to a future cruise. We chose the credit. My family will continue to cruise in the future.
They gave you the option for a full cash refund? The reason I ask is that I have a Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled in July and we are trying to decide if we should make our last payment or just cancel. But we are being told if we cancel we will not get $500 back in cash, it will be for future cruise credit. Of course the closer to the cruise we get the higher that amount gets as well so have to decide in next couple of weeks. But if they are willing to give full refunds if they cancel then that changes things.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Private yachts are not engaged in commerce.

You seem knowledgeable, thought you’d know.
My understanding is they are built all over. Merchant and cruise ships have to be built at a cost that allows their fees to be competitive with the world market. Private yachts typically aren’t trying to ring that bell.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
As just an old man, I’d like to see parents STOP allowing their kids to fondle dang near every piece of produce in the store. Virus, what virus?
This part is what sucks for me. I usually eat 3 or 4 avocados per week, but the only way to get a good idea of the ripeness is to pick them up and squeeze them to see how firm or soft they are. Normally I have to go through several in a bin to find the ones I want. I just haven't been buying them for the last couple of weeks. I imagine avocado sales are taking a hit.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
This part is what sucks for me. I usually eat 3 or 4 avocados per week, but the only way to get a good idea of the ripeness is to pick them up and squeeze them to see how firm or soft they are. Normally I have to go through several in a bin to find the ones I want. I just haven't been buying them for the last couple of weeks. I imagine avocado sales are taking a hit.
At least you can wash then peel an avocado.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
At Walmart their avocados are usually about as tender as croquet balls. You buy them, wait a week, and there is a 2 hour window where they are about right, then they rot. It's not worth the trouble, but my wife likes them.

Mar 11, 2006
They gave you the option for a full cash refund? The reason I ask is that I have a Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled in July and we are trying to decide if we should make our last payment or just cancel. But we are being told if we cancel we will not get $500 back in cash, it will be for future cruise credit. Of course the closer to the cruise we get the higher that amount gets as well so have to decide in next couple of weeks. But if they are willing to give full refunds if they cancel then that changes things.
Yes they did. But I think because situation is different. They cancelled the trip. Those that called them to cancel got cruise credit, but not offered a refund.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
To each their own, but I literally wouldn’t step foot on an ocean cruise if they paid me. And not because I don’t like boats or cruises.

I used to want to take a cruise, but you'd have to pay me a lot of money now to get me on one of those floating cesspools.

Nov 26, 2006
Haven't seen this posted here, yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c727f6-6dde-11ea-a3ec-70d7479d83f0_story.html

Glad some local officials in OK had the foresight to try and prepare for the virus back in February. Too bad Stitt tried to play mini-Trump and dismiss the seriousness of the virus until an uptick in cases forced him to change messaging.

As I mentioned when Stitt first strongly commented on it not being the job of the government to order businesses to close, I wonder if it will cost him at the ballot box for the dismissal and slow response to the impending crush of new cases.

Good read either way and a nice message of community leaders trying to protect their constiuants.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Wait until Royal cancels. I’m a member of some Royal Facebook groups. You should join one or several and see what others are saying.