Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Townie - This has been a fluid situation for all of us...the Governor in the beginning trying to make everyone comfortable and then changing with more information is actually the humanness we want from our politicians. This virus isn't our governmental authorities fault on either side...it just is...You were posting stuff about Stillwater folks having concerts despite the craziness and I loved that...One thing I like about you, despite us being opposites politically is that you are real...being real is a lost art, and you are that. People can hate you for it, but IMHO it's a wonderful thing. Problem here that we have both had is that this isn't politics it's a virus and none of us want it to be bad...at least I know you don't and I hope others aren't that evil.
Well, that's an interesting way to explain why conservatives excuse lack of good judgment and poor leadership openly displayed by our political leaders, specifically the Oklahoma governor. But what if the governor was a Democrat who did the very same thing? No way would the Democrat governor be excused. He would be attacked by Republicans for it. Politics is human nature.

Speaking of local concerts, Weather lady Emily Sutton sure killed "Over the Rainbow". Before a nearly packed audience, funny how the jazz band conductor started things off saying, "Wow, look at this. These are the bravest people in the world. And dumbest." Yes, it was a joyous but ominous time with people wondering what was going to happen, and it did for the worse that next week.

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
He says they don't have any in storage, then says they do. He's lying. And this was after he asked the government for some 2 days before like he didn't have them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Not a huge fan of his, but this is misconstruing what he said. Go listen to the full interview. He's more saying what we have in storage isn't enough because our needs will soon outstrip that storage. This just does the same thing that people often do to Trump. Because they dislike other things he says, they'll take a soundbite without really trying to understand what he's saying and then interpret it through a partisan filter. It's hard to fault a guy for advocating for his state.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This is interesting. Has state by state projections. Total ICU beds needed vs available. Ventilators needed. Peak dates etc.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
The curve for Ohio where Gov. Dewine took early and decisive action. The number of beds needed will be less than the number of beds available.
1585418340840.png

OTOH, New York, without further comment.
1585418435552.png

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Shelter in place order issued for all Tulsa county at midnight tonight ....mayor said army Corp of engineers scouting places to build new hospital now ...said shelter in place order last until April 16 but may be extended through mid May based on modeling data

Mar 11, 2006
Well, that's an interesting way to explain why conservatives excuse lack of good judgment and poor leadership openly displayed by our political leaders, specifically the Oklahoma governor. But what if the governor was a Democrat who did the very same thing? No way would the Democrat governor be excused. He would be attacked by Republicans for it. Politics is human nature.

Disagree 100%. As I mentioned earlier, I dont at all agree that Stitt is leading this wrong. He is certainly, IMO, infinitely better than the grandstanding clown who is the Tulsa Mayor. The Tulsa Mayor is a Republican and I have no problem saying his actions are not helping.

Personally, I trust Stitt way more than Bynum.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Shelter in place order issued for all Tulsa county at midnight tonight ....mayor said army Corp of engineers scouting places to build new hospital now ...said shelter in place order last until April 16 but may be extended through mid May based on modeling data
It is for the City of Tulsa, not county. Luckily our Mayor doesn’t have countywide authority.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Perhaps, but if you let Congress control too much of your money (taxes, regulations, corporate governance, etc..) everyone suffers, poor and rich alike. The current situation will prove what happens when the rich suddenly become significantly less rich. Businesses, projects, capital spending, business expansion , etc. will be materially reduced and in many cases eliminated - not because Congress took control of wealth, but the pandemic. But you would wind up in the same general neighborhood if Congress controlled too much of the money and spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps? Our Congress trip over lobbyists every day. Companies writing policy and rubber stamped for their benefits. Guess we’ll just have to disagree.
Yes, lobbyists work (mostly) for the rich. But that’s my point. How else can the rich persuade Congress from spending (too much) of their money? Money that’s better put to use by the people that have the ideas, that have an economic interest in the outcome, that creates the wealth that drives the economy and creates jobs, instead of the government which is not the most efficient or creative entity to create value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Not a huge fan of his, but this is misconstruing what he said. Go listen to the full interview. He's more saying what we have in storage isn't enough because our needs will soon outstrip that storage. This just does the same thing that people often do to Trump. Because they dislike other things he says, they'll take a soundbite without really trying to understand what he's saying and then interpret it through a partisan filter. It's hard to fault a guy for advocating for his state.
I have watched a lot of Cuomo over the last two weeks. I have to say I think he is doing as good a job of any leader. In fact, IMO he has been one of the best and most reasoned,

What I don’t like is how CNN and the CNN webpage are annointing him the best leader in the history of the free world. Obviously, his brother has a primetime show and you would think CNN would be sensitive not to call him the next Pope, but they don’t have that sense and just talk about how great he is.

CNN is just a joke. I understand why they have a fact check site on their main page every day about Trump. But they never did that with Obama or Biden and they told some whoppers. And Cuomo‘s misstatements just get ignored.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Disagree 100%. As I mentioned earlier, I dont at all agree that Stitt is leading this wrong. He is certainly, IMO, infinitely better than the grandstanding clown who is the Tulsa Mayor. The Tulsa Mayor is a Republican and I have no problem saying his actions are not helping.

Personally, I trust Stitt way more than Bynum.
Someone needs to ask our arrogant Mayor if he's pulling the strings or George Keiser...cause I'm almost POSTIVE it's the latter...who lives here part time and San Fran the rest of the time...I agree...way over the top with our RINO Mayor..He's been good up to now...but his estimate of one model showing 20,000 people hospitalized in Tulsa with covid-19 BETTER NOT be the case.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Someone needs to ask our arrogant Mayor if he's pulling the strings or George Keiser...cause I'm almost POSTIVE it's the latter...who lives here part time and San Fran the rest of the time...I agree...way over the top with our RINO Mayor..
Can you imagine the disaster kitty lobeck would have been

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Someone needs to ask our arrogant Mayor if he's pulling the strings or George Keiser...cause I'm almost POSTIVE it's the latter...who lives here part time and San Fran the rest of the time...I agree...way over the top with our RINO Mayor..He's been good up to now...but his estimate of one model showing 20,000 people hospitalized in Tulsa with covid-19 BETTER NOT be the case.
The Tulsa mayor and his little buddy in OKC both have the attitude that they can one up everyone else. The statement that the Governor's actions were worded correctly and required these two ass hats to put out corrective language is pitiful. They need to get back to either practicing social distancing or quietly wetting themselves in the corner from their fear.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
He was saying the same exact thing at the same time our POTUS was saying
I don't pay a bit of attention to what Trump says, I pay attention to what's being done. Here's the timeline of the federal response:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/...s-decisive-actions-to-combat-the-coronavirus/

On March 11 Ohio Gov. Dewine had an emergency meeting of all university presidents in the state of Ohio and asked them to send their students home. I was informed we were going to do that later that afternoon, and on Thursday our students left.

On March 16 De Blasio was still going to the gym to work out.

The local response is what has made a difference in Ohio. We are actually flattening the curve here. Meanwhile, Rhode Island is going to be pulling over cars with NY plates and quarantining them, because the response, particularly in NYC, has been horrendus.