Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
He was saying the same exact thing at the same time our POTUS was saying
They both need voted out. But a lot of people will think during a period of grave crisis, it's no time to hold elected people accountable for poor leadership. If the country is still shutdown on Easter with churches empty, it won't hurt Trump on election day. But I hate to imagine how much worse things have to get before the people become willing to let go of people like them.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Oklahoma has the 4th highest mortality rate vs known cases in the country right now

https://www.soonerpolitics.org/editorial/oklahoma-has-4th-deadliest-rate-for-covid-19
As in Italy, Oklahoma probably has a greater share of older people. Maybe Mississippi will end up catching up or surpassing Oklahoma. It already has about as many deaths. Its governor isn't asking for any business to shut down. But bars and restaurants can't allow any more than 10 customers. That doesn't sound like requiring social distancing to me. It wouldn't make any difference. Health experts say that prolonged social distancing isn't desirable.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Here’s what’s really crazy.......I was supposed to land in New Delhi, India in about 6 hours for a 2-week visit. Yikes!!!

It’s hard to say what’s gonna change, but it could be they’ll install temperature monitors at airport security gates to weed out sick travelers. But that seems to have a lot of potential pitfalls.

In the near-term once restrictions are lifted, we’ll probably stick to RV travel here in the US and Canada. Kinda down on international destinations after hearing about all the nightmares abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are scheduled for an Africa trip 31st of July...hope that happens but who knows. Bottom line, we just need to get this thing into our past as fast as possible for all those sick. Need to find a vaccine, good treatments and a cure quickly.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They both need voted out. But a lot of people will think during a period of grave crisis, it's no time to hold elected people accountable for poor leadership. If the country is still shutdown on Easter with churches empty, it won't hurt Trump on election day. But I hate to imagine how much worse things have to get before the people become willing to let go of people like them.
Viruses are kind of apolitical...they infect Democrats, Republicans, Libertarian, and Independents equally. This thing isn't political on either side despite people trying to make it so. I will admit, it certainly felt that way in the a week or two ago...but clearly we need to pull together in this time and forget party.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Viruses are kind of apolitical...they infect Democrats, Republicans, Libertarian, and Independents equally. This thing isn't political on either side despite people trying to make it so. I will admit, it certainly felt that way in the a week or two ago...but clearly we need to pull together in this time and forget party.
It’s not political and it never has been with real people. You have to ignore what the media tells you and ignore the ravings of the kind of people that post on message boards around the clock. The response in the US at the Fed & State level has been more than what the doctor ordered. The problem is with people not practicing good health and hygiene in general, and a too liberal attitude with who comes in and out of our country particularly during the seasons where viruses are most prevalent. Maybe this will at least fix those societal flaws.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
It didn’t work well because too many numbskulls ignored it.
There was a 14 day travel ban. So if you had been in China 14 days before the ban was put in place you were not allowed in. If people "ignored" it then it was an enforcement issue. We have passports and customs for a reason.

The three major international airlines ( AA, Delta, and United)had already cancelled all flights to China before the WH implemented the ban. Because there was already a travel warning in place so sales had tanked.