Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Disagree all you like in you absence of knowing what you're talking about. The small business loans will be forgiven if used for rent, payroll, or several other items enumerated in the bailout that keeps employees working. If you weren't such a partisan hack you'd read up on what's happening instead of listening to the alphabet soup liberal cable outlets.

Orange man bad! Lol!
Proof please on the bolded piece. I have looked through the bill and not seen that at all. Even of you are right on that part, those same strings are not attached to the big business bailouts. For free markets to operate properly, we dont need handouts for the big players.

Oh, and what a shitpost. Believe it or not, one can be something other than a liberal, not watch or get news from the garbage cable news networks and still be unimpressed with Trump and all but a couple people in congress!!1!1!

You redcaps are all the same. Very little critical thinking and your best friend is a straw man.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Proof please on the bolded piece. I have looked through the bill and not seen that at all. Even of you are right on that part, those same strings are not attached to the big business bailouts. For free markets to operate properly, we dont need handouts for the big players.

Oh, and what a shitpost. Believe it or not, one can be something other than a liberal, not watch or get news from the garbage cable news networks and still be unimpressed with Trump and all but a couple people in congress!!1!1!

You redcaps are all the same. Very little critical thinking and your best friend is a straw man.
Be dense, it suits you. I'm not a republican and didn't vote for Trump. That's even more you don't know. There seems to be a lot in that category. Normally I wouldn't do a dullards homework but since you appear incompetent check today's Wall Street Journal. You're welcome.

People who don't read are no better off than people who can't.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
I haven't read the full text of the bill, but it does include loan forgiveness for small businesses. Corporations don't qualify for loan forgiveness. Their loans have to be paid back in full with interest. Small businesses and individuals are actually getting bailed out more than the corporations with this bill.

https://www.inc.com/graham-winfrey/sba-loan-forgiveness-how-to-convert-loans-to-grants.html
Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Business Loan Forgiven
Here's how the loan forgiveness works:
  • Your company's expenses for the eight-week period after the origination of the loan will be analyzed.
  • Every dollar your company spent on payroll, utilities, rent, or interest on mortgage debt will be added together. That amount will be forgiven, up to the total amount your company borrowed through the program.
There is one caveat, however. The amount that is forgiven will be reduced for businesses that lay off employees during the first eight weeks following the loan. Companies that reduce wages of employees who make less than $100,000 per year by 25 percent or more will also have the forgivable amount reduced.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Well 6.5 earthquake just outside Boise ID this evening..not too far from the old Yellowstone super caldera area....so we should name this thread the 2020 apocalypse thread if that thing decides to go off
Don't forget the hordes of locust in Africa right now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Disagree all you like in you absence of knowing what you're talking about. The small business loans will be forgiven if used for rent, payroll, or several other items enumerated in the bailout that keeps employees working. If you weren't such a partisan hack you'd read up on what's happening instead of listening to the alphabet soup liberal cable outlets.

Orange man bad! Lol!

Big companies have the same type of financial and employment needs/obligations small companies have, they’re just bigger. The economy can’t survive big companies failing any more than it can survive small companies failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom

The bill is 880 pages the pages specific to this are between pages 40 & 50. There are 2 reference periods you can choose 1, you are eligible for 2.5x’s the avg ‘qualified’ payroll for the reference period you choose but you can’t choose payroll from 1 period and fte’s from a different period, it’s not quite as simple as entirely forgiven but it’s close. The underwriting requirements are almost none and the lending institution doesn’t have to account for the loan in their cash reserves because it’s 100% guaranteed by the federal gvt.
I can damn near quote this chapter and verse, there are some conditions around it, but again even those are minimal.
I posted on this a week ago while it was being debated, the bill has no changes to what the senate passed. It’s a great bill, it’s not perfect but from a business pov both large and small it’s a fantastic program. It wasn’t written by pols it was written by businessmen and women and it shows. If you have more specific questions I’d be more than happy to answer them.
add:
in terms of big business you’re mistaken there are more conditions on co’s over 500 than there are on co’s under 500.
executive comp caps, income caps, no buybacks, significantly tighter underwriting requirements and many more.

Last edited:

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
6.5 earthquake here today. March 2020, cant say Im gonna miss ya.

Roughly 90 miles from Boise and close to my favorite summertime destination of Stanley.
My buddy Cim, yes that Cim, just texted me, first earthquake he’s ever been in. Thought he was going to die, as a 30yr resident of Ca I can’t relate :D

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Well, I didnt think I was dying. Just thought my house was floating down the Snake River. It was swaying too and fro and the chandelier looked like it was coming down. At first I thought the winds had really picked up because we have had storms rolling through all day with pretty gusty wind.

Best thing was that it took everyones mind off of CV19 for a couple hours out here.

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
I haven't read the full text of the bill, but it does include loan forgiveness for small businesses. Corporations don't qualify for loan forgiveness. Their loans have to be paid back in full with interest. Small businesses and individuals are actually getting bailed out more than the corporations with this bill.

https://www.inc.com/graham-winfrey/sba-loan-forgiveness-how-to-convert-loans-to-grants.html
Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Business Loan Forgiven
Here's how the loan forgiveness works:
  • Your company's expenses for the eight-week period after the origination of the loan will be analyzed.
  • Every dollar your company spent on payroll, utilities, rent, or interest on mortgage debt will be added together. That amount will be forgiven, up to the total amount your company borrowed through the program.
There is one caveat, however. The amount that is forgiven will be reduced for businesses that lay off employees during the first eight weeks following the loan. Companies that reduce wages of employees who make less than $100,000 per year by 25 percent or more will also have the forgivable amount reduced.
This is excellent as a waiters tour of the kitchen but before applications are submitted people need a chef’s tour.
You pay no interest on the forgiven amount, even what’s not forgiven is paid back over 10yrs at 4% with no pp penalty. Used appropriately this is a tax free grant for almost any business less than 500 people.
On ‘big’ business you’re spot on, unlike qe and handouts of the past this is meant to maintain payroll and almost everyone is eligible so it’s not picking winners and losers. There are substantial safeguards to ensure this doesn’t end up in cash and cash equivalents to prop up valuation.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
But you are making the fallacy of discounting how much worse it could be without stay at home. If it is this bad when they are almost at a true quarantine level then how many more of those highest risk first responders would be sick.
They are estimating 40-70 percent of NY's finest are infected. They are discouraging testing because they can't afford to have them off work. 7-10 percent are off on quarantine the rest are off on regular seasonal illness.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Trump warns that next two weeks will be some of the toughest in American history and warned to be prepared for up to 100,000 deaths
I predict that the more seriously Trump takes the virus crisis the more his approval rating will go up as well as forgiven more for his past denials and piss poor bad judgment.

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Well 6.5 earthquake just outside Boise ID this evening..not too far from the old Yellowstone super caldera area....so we should name this thread the 2020 apocalypse thread if that thing decides to go off
Wow, I bet they were frightened by it. The record breaking 5.8 earthquake by Pawnee was the only Oklahoma quake that really frightened me.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I predict that the more seriously Trump takes the virus crisis the more his approval rating will go up as well as forgiven more for his past denials and piss poor bad judgment.
Dude you are flat fucking twisted. No other way to describe it. I'm flat fucking pissed at Trump right now for all my rights that he signed away with the CARE bill. But your shit is off the deep end crazy as fuck.