Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
This has been an on-going situation and it's confusing to our leaders just as it is us...they have received conflicting information. We just need to deal with it now and make sound decisions, especially for our citizens...it is NOT their fault that they traveled prior to a few weeks ago when travel restrictions were enacted. Bottom line, even if it is, we have a responsibility to our own citizens. We got the people in Europe back, not sure why we can't take these folks...of course I don't live in Florida so it's easier for me to say that. We should be setting up quarantining facilities at the ports of entry now.
To be clear, I'm not saying it's their fault they're on that ship.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
last month Trump said he was considering opening them for a month to allow individuals who do not have health insurance to purchase it now
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1245392364295933953

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Russia has implemented a very strict quarantine package of laws that includes prison time for violating rules

5 years prison for spreading dangerous or fake news about covid-19
7 years in prison if you violate quarantine and infect someone else and they die
Govt given authority to declare emergency situation and implement new rules as they see fit
Lockdown in Moscow implemented with people only allowed to leave home for essential workers, to go to the grocery story or pharmacy for for a 300ft long walk with their pets
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52109892

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
This isn't a knock against you because you do such a good job at posting information, but the total cases number may be the most irrelevant statistic in the history of statistics.
I look at it as it is potential hospitalizations and potential recoveries. If I see the total cases and know that 80% recover at home and 20% need hospitalized it gives a good idea of what our hospitals are currently or will be facing in the future.

Also knowing that each person who tested positive on avg infected 3 other people before the started showing symptoms..the number of total confirmed cases gives a good idea of how many unknown are out there..or at least a better guess. For example there are 700+ cases confirmed in OK right now. That means there are most likely 1300-1500ish Oklahoman's who have been infected but may not know yet