Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Maybe I'm a little more cautious about this thing than you. But that wouldn't take much since you've pretty much underestimated/underappreciated the severity of this situation from the get go.
I wear a mask and gloves everywhere I go and keep six feet from everyone I see...I have to work in a healthcare environment so yeah, I'm being VERY cautious...I just don't trust estimates and this is unprecedented as is our reaction to it...it's been a very bad thing to kill jobs and employment like we have for this but I understand we should to save lives...it's been a learning experience for all of us, but I still have a very optimistic opinion on the final outcomes and fail to think we are doomed as a society forever because of this. I feel innovation and the expertise of the American people will once again overcome. That is why I feel that it's STUPID to lock tornado shelters instead of innovating and telling people to wear mask and social distance in the shelters...I don't think that's a stretch and it actually is saving lives rather than expending. I have faith that people CAN and WILL do that...they are everyday, except maybe in Walmart...where we need work.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Same here. Just left walmart. Maybe 5 people wearing masks. They weren't really keeping track of how many people going in and out like they said they were going to do. Looked like a normal saturday afternoon in there.
Must be different where you are, because there were a lot at my Wallyworld.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
If you haven’t read about how Sweden is handling the coronavirus it is interesting. They are encouraging social distancing and healthy practices like hand washing like everyone else, but they are keeping restaurants and fitness centers open. They are not force closing any business.

Current result: They have lower cases and deaths per millions than nearby Belgium and Netherlands. And less cases than Germany. And a lot less than some other EU countries like Italy, Spain, France, and Switzerland.
I wanted a haircut while the barber shops were still allowed to open, but didn't since it didn't make safe sense for them to remain open, while restaurants and bars had to close. Eventually, barber shops had to also close. If barber shops never closed, I'd still be too afraid to get a haircut.

Maybe Sweden is waiting for hospitals to get overwhelmed before shutting the country down. If so, why wait that long?

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I wanted a haircut while the barber shops were still allowed to open, but didn't since it didn't make safe sense for them to remain open, while restaurants and bars had to close. Eventually, barber shops had to also close. If barber shops never closed, I'd still be too afraid to get a haircut.

Maybe Sweden is waiting for hospitals to get overwhelmed before shutting the country down. If so, why wait that long?
Sweden will be interesting. They haven't tested at nearly the same level as other countries that have maintained low deaths.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
We pay on delivery they pay cash. Why on earth would a seller want to accept a guaranteed higher cash payment. If France and Germany had these supplies the US wouldn’t see a single one until every Frenchman and German were cured, hell neither would Italy or Spain and Portugal would be waiting for a shipment of irrs.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Same here. Just left walmart. Maybe 5 people wearing masks. They weren't really keeping track of how many people going in and out like they said they were going to do. Looked like a normal saturday afternoon in there.
Must be different where you are, because there were a lot at my Wallyworld.
Tons at Stillwater.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk