1,000+ armed citizens to march during Tulsa race massacre centennial

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The Elmer Geronimo Pratt Gun Club of Austin TX and the National Black Panther Party have joined forces to announce they will hold a "2nd Amendment Armed March" on May 29th in Tulsa.

They said the march is to unify the black community in Tulsa and to pay homage to black Tulsan's who armed themselves and died defending their homes and their neighborhoods in a strong show of self defense.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...tennial?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Apr 14, 2009
The real worry is the white racist groups that might appear to counter protest will probably include about 10% off duty Law enforcement officers.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
why does this seem like a magnet for white racist groups to suddenly appear?
You know that's why they are announcing it. But there's also plenty of white 2A proponents that would willingly join them. The 2A black protesters that is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
You know that's why they are announcing it. But there's also plenty of white 2A proponents that would willingly join them. The 2A black protesters that is.

I don’t know that at all.

So let me see if I’ve got this right....when black 2A proponents announce an armed march, it’s because they want to be a magnet for white racists to engage in armed conflict with them?

Is that what you are saying?

If so, follow up question.

When OK2A. made up primarily of white 2A proponents announce a similar march is it for the same reason (to be a magnet for armed racial warfare)?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

I don’t know that at all.

So let me see if I’ve got this right....when black 2A proponents announce an armed march, it’s because they want to be a magnet for white racists to engage in armed conflict them?

Is that what you are saying?

If so, follow up question.

When OK2A. made up primarily of white 2A proponents announce a similar march is it for the same reason (to be a magnet for armed racial warfare)?
Seems to be the general consensus on social media.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Seems to be the general consensus on social media.
What, exactly, is the “general consensus on social media”?

There were two propositions in my post.

That the Geronimo Pratt and the National Black Party are announcing the march specifically to be a magnet for armed racial conflict....

And

When OK2A and other predominately white 2A groups announce an armed march, do they have the same intent in announcing (to be a magnet for armed racial conflict).

Is the general consensus yes to both....or yes to one, but not the other?

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't think marching in the streets with guns is a great idea no matter what race you are....it makes me what to leave town that day and not go to work for sure. The world is living la vita loco these days.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I don't think marching in the streets with guns is a great idea no matter what race you are....it makes me what to leave town that day and not go to work for sure. The world is living la vita loco these days.
Fair enough. At least you are consistent in that view.

Btw, the Oklahoma legislature passed laws making doing so completely legal just a few years ago. Reasonable minds can certainly disagree on whether or not that was the right thing to do.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

That the Geronimo Pratt and the National Black Party are announcing the march specifically to be a magnet for armed racial conflict....

And

When OK2A and other predominately white 2A groups announce an armed march, do they have the same intent in announcing (to be a magnet for armed racial conflict).

The question is will the march trigger the new run over the marchers law?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Fair enough. At least you are consistent in that view.

Btw, the Oklahoma legislature passed laws making doing so completely legal just a few years ago. Reasonable minds can certainly disagree on whether or not that was the right thing to do.
A day/weekend of remembrance of a bad thing shouldn't be marred with an escalation of that type of thing into the modern day. I was also against the morons who took their guns to the state capital in Michigan even though I didn't like the policies of that particular governor...Also was very vocal about my disagreement with the violent BS on January 6th, even though I also had some "questions" about the election (not enough to think it was swayed completely)...My opinion on gatherings that endanger the public overall and sow discord is not political, but about sending a more peaceful message in our protest and gatherings rather than being divisive provokers. I would hate for one group to sidetrack the message of unity and progress that the day/weekend could be. I would expect that the community of Tulsa will make the right choices regarding what is allowed and what isn't. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, I'm just not into what the gun culture has become and see it as potentially dangerous. It's a dilemma. In the past year it's gotten to the point where I would also like to see local municipalities enact their own regulations regarding firearms within the city limits...heck, even Tombstone had those. Gun Control Is as Old as the Old West | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Last edited:

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
A day/weekend of remembrance of a bad thing shouldn't be marred with an escalation of that type of thing into the modern day. I was also against the morons who took their guns to the state capital in Michigan even though I didn't like the policies of that particular governor...Also was very vocal about my disagreement with the violent BS on January 6th, even though I also had some "questions" about the election (not enough to think it was swayed completely)...My opinion on gatherings that endanger the public overall and sow discord is not political, but about sending a more peaceful message in our protest and gatherings rather than being divisive provokers. I would hate for one group to sidetrack the message of unity and progress that the day/weekend could be. I would expect that the community of Tulsa will make the right choices regarding what is allowed and what isn't. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, I'm just not into what the gun culture has become and see it as potentially dangerous. It's a dilemma. In the past year it's gotten to the point where I would also like to see local municipalities enact their own regulations regarding firearms within the city limits...heck, even Tombstone had those. Gun Control Is as Old as the Old West | History | Smithsonian Magazine
There is an Oklahoma state law that says local municipalities cannot enact gun control or carry regulations that are more restrictive than state law.

I don't see the legal carrying of firearms on a day/weekend of remembrance of a massacre and destruction of a predominately African American community during an era when they were not allowed to truly defend themselves under the law as particularly provocative though.

What I am trying to get a response to is the seeming opinion (which I have admittedly inferred and asked them to clarify) that if Black 2A proponents announce a march it is somehow provocative and a magnet for racial tension, but if a predominately white 2A proponents similarly announce a march it somehow isn't provocative and a magnet for racial tension.

And as I said, at least you're consistent on that topic.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There is an Oklahoma state law that says local municipalities cannot enact gun control or carry regulations that are more restrictive than state law.

I don't see the legal carrying of firearms on a day/weekend of remembrance of a massacre and destruction of a predominately African American community during an era when they were not allowed to truly defend themselves under the law as particularly provocative though.

What I am trying to get a response to is the seeming opinion (which I have admittedly inferred and asked them to clarify) that if Black 2A proponents announce a march it is somehow provocative and a magnet for racial tension, but if a predominately white 2A proponents similarly announce a march it somehow isn't provocative and a magnet for racial tension.

And as I said, at least you're consistent on that topic.
Yep, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just fleshing it out a bit. I don't like laws that remove the right of local authority to make their own laws...typically this works in the direction of Federal law overriding State laws but I also think it's a bad idea for States to remove authority from Municipalities and Counties. Top down governance, while sometimes good intentioned, isn't the best idea in most instances.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville

And

Just the first part. It is overwhelming the amount of people saying this is a terrorist act and they are nothing but criminals. Meanwhile the armed march at the Oklahoma Capitol was done because of patriotism.