15 portals for WVU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Marcus simms was in DH's doghouse. Didnt play OU or bowl.
Kenny robinson, 2 time all big 12 safety hurts.
none of rest matter.
neither simms or robinson wanted to leave, and coach brown had zero to do with it.
it was academics/tutor cheating issue and WVU handled it outside sports program.

WVU got a 5 star wr from FSU to replace simms, and has 3 of the top 5 safety recruits in WVU history to replace robinson and pitts. Pitts left bc he didnt think he'd start again this year.

WVU has issues, but issues are on oline. WVU has a lot talent at safety, it's just young and unproven.
this is a true rebuilding year though.
6-6 most likely. And that was case if Dh stayed too.

Brown is an ass kicker in recruiting and future is bright, but future is 2020, not 2019.
so @Nolaeer is predicting a West Virginia natty in 2020. you heard it here first............

Jun 23, 2005
This is the new normal in college athletics. With the current transfer rules in place rosters will become a revolving door. Earlier this week a player who had transferred from USC to Texas transferred back to USC before playing a down of football. Curtis Jones has transferred from Indiana to OSU to Penn State in the last four years. OSU has had a few transfers come in and do well, but from what I have seen the vast majority of kids transferring do not end up improving their position (which probably explains why many of them transfer, they are struggling to find a place to fit in).

Sep 9, 2013
WVU has also taken in a few portals.
Notably 2 qbs, the 4 star backup from ou and the bowling green qb who started both his freshman and soph years and is listed by CFN as their best player. Doege has some texas tech ties, but knows neil brown from his time at texas tech.

2. wrs one from FSU and one from temple.

3. DE from michigan

also several jucos at positions of need.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
WVU has also taken in a few portals.
Notably 2 qbs, the 4 star backup from ou and the bowling green qb who started both his freshman and soph years and is listed by CFN as their best player. Doege has some texas tech ties, but knows neil brown from his time at texas tech.

2. wrs one from FSU and one from temple.

3. DE from michigan

also several jucos at positions of need.
Now can you explain how you blew a 9-1 7th inning lead to those losers from College Station? I was extremely disappointed in your team.

Sep 9, 2013
best closer in big 12 walked bases loaded twice and gave up 2 grand slams.
he apologized after and said he tried too hard.

also absent was 3 time first team all american manoah who pitched his worse game of the year.

When your stars choke, you have no chance.

Sep 9, 2013
Per Hertzel, Kenny Robinson is at the XFL Showcase in Washington DC, working out for teams.
No interest from schools on Robinson or Simms - or interest and then stopping once they research. Like we've been saying about the academic misconduct thing, I'm not sure how the "transfer portal" helps them. They're not going to be eligible this fall at *any* school from what I understand.

okstate987

as honest as a Denver man can be.
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Per Hertzel, Kenny Robinson is at the XFL Showcase in Washington DC, working out for teams.
No interest from schools on Robinson or Simms - or interest and then stopping once they research. Like we've been saying about the academic misconduct thing, I'm not sure how the "transfer portal" helps them. They're not going to be eligible this fall at *any* school from what I understand.
You guys will win 4 games in 2019. Mark it down.

Sep 9, 2013
You guys will win 4 games in 2019. Mark it down.
Likely win 6, but 2019 will be a down year, no doubt.
Brown's 2020 class is shaping up to be WVU's best ever.
DH couldnt recruit even a 3 star cb out of high school.
Brown has a lock down corner already. Dont forget Brown got doege(brother was qb at texas tech) from Bowling green. He should get a waiver and he started as a true freshman and as a soph. He also did well against power 5 teams he played. CFN named him Bowling Green's most valuable player.

So WVU has options at qb(something we didnt have had DH returned). WVU has enough returning to win 6 i think. 2020 will be better. 2021 or 2022 look out.

Newly-minuted four-star cornerback David Vincent-Okoli has committed to West Virginia. The talented athlete out of Gaithersburg (MD) Watkins Mill was on campus for his official visit - the first summer official visit weekend in WVU history - this past weekend and immediately connected not only with the staff, but the players.

"I chose WVU because when they tell you they are really about players first, they are," he said. "I really see the vision (Head) Coach (Neal) Brown has for this team, and it felt like I had a connection with all the football players, which really played a big part in this recruiting process. Everything about WVU checked out on my list - the location, the school spirit, and the coaches."

Okoli visited Morgantown earlier this month, camping in front of the coaching staff and wowing with not only his speed, but his ability to change direction and swivel his hips like an elite cornerback. He worked out at both defensive back and wide receiver, earning an offer as an "athlete" from the coaching staff shortly after the end of camp. At that moment, he already sounded like someone who could be a Mountaineer one day.

"I'm so excited because this is my dream school," Okoli told EerSports at the time. "It felt like a dream come true."

Okoli recently received a four-star rating from 247Sports, along with rave reviews from national analyst Charles Power.

Okoli is a shredded 5-foot-11, 176 pounds and has top-end speed and athleticism, winning state titles in the 100 and 200 meters earlier this spring. He plays both ways for his high school and worked out as a receiver at The Opening's D.C. Regional, but we like his upside most as a corner. Okoli's ball skills are on the high-end for a defensive back and when combined with his change of direction and deep speed, gives him an ideal skill base at cornerback. The sky is the limit for Okoli on the defensive side of the ball once he fully devotes himself to one position and receives coaching at the next level.

Sep 9, 2013
i'll also add WVU got 2 recruits with committable offers from penn state, ohio state and mich. DH never did anything like that.
Also got a commit from a player with a committable offer from FSU.
WVU is going to have talent, it's just going to be young in 2020.

Feb 18, 2009
none of rest matter.
I always find it intriguing when people do this ^^^. 15 transfers and only one mattered? Why were they there in the first place then? Our fans do it too no disrespect at all for Nolaeer, it comes off as a coping mechanism more than anything else.

Honestly, if 15 guys out of 85 transfer and only one mattered, that means a staff totally whiffed on 16.5% of the entire team. If that's true, this won't be the only rebuilding year regardless of losing a head coach or not. That's a terrible statistic for any team. Or, they actually did matter whether it showed up on Saturdays or not. My money is on the latter more than the former for the amount of money involved in successful Power-5 programs.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I'm sure it matters some, but in the long run, but when you already know the next season is going to be a down year, they really don't matter. You clear out the dead weight/troublemakers so the new coach can start stocking the roster with his guys. Gundy did it and OSU fans probably said most of them didn't really matter. I'm sure they actually mattered at least a little, but a new coach has to set a tone. Especially when they take over for the likes of Miles. Or a (lovable) weirdo like DH.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
i'll also add WVU got 2 recruits with committable offers from penn state, ohio state and mich. DH never did anything like that.
Also got a commit from a player with a committable offer from FSU.
WVU is going to have talent, it's just going to be young in 2020.
Who had the FSU offer? None of the recruiting services show a player w/ an offer from FSU, publications don't announce what offers are commitable and what ones aren't. Just because a 3 star has an offer listed from Mich or OhioSt on 247 or rivals doesn't mean its commitable.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Likely win 6, but 2019 will be a down year, no doubt.
Brown's 2020 class is shaping up to be WVU's best ever.
DH couldnt recruit even a 3 star cb out of high school.
Brown has a lock down corner already. Dont forget Brown got doege(brother was qb at texas tech) from Bowling green. He should get a waiver and he started as a true freshman and as a soph. He also did well against power 5 teams he played. CFN named him Bowling Green's most valuable player.

So WVU has options at qb(something we didnt have had DH returned). WVU has enough returning to win 6 i think. 2020 will be better. 2021 or 2022 look out.

Newly-minuted four-star cornerback David Vincent-Okoli has committed to West Virginia. The talented athlete out of Gaithersburg (MD) Watkins Mill was on campus for his official visit - the first summer official visit weekend in WVU history - this past weekend and immediately connected not only with the staff, but the players.

"I chose WVU because when they tell you they are really about players first, they are," he said. "I really see the vision (Head) Coach (Neal) Brown has for this team, and it felt like I had a connection with all the football players, which really played a big part in this recruiting process. Everything about WVU checked out on my list - the location, the school spirit, and the coaches."

Okoli visited Morgantown earlier this month, camping in front of the coaching staff and wowing with not only his speed, but his ability to change direction and swivel his hips like an elite cornerback. He worked out at both defensive back and wide receiver, earning an offer as an "athlete" from the coaching staff shortly after the end of camp. At that moment, he already sounded like someone who could be a Mountaineer one day.

"I'm so excited because this is my dream school," Okoli told EerSports at the time. "It felt like a dream come true."

Okoli recently received a four-star rating from 247Sports, along with rave reviews from national analyst Charles Power.

Okoli is a shredded 5-foot-11, 176 pounds and has top-end speed and athleticism, winning state titles in the 100 and 200 meters earlier this spring. He plays both ways for his high school and worked out as a receiver at The Opening's D.C. Regional, but we like his upside most as a corner. Okoli's ball skills are on the high-end for a defensive back and when combined with his change of direction and deep speed, gives him an ideal skill base at cornerback. The sky is the limit for Okoli on the defensive side of the ball once he fully devotes himself to one position and receives coaching at the next level.
It doesn't look good on paper so far

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Marcus simms was in DH's doghouse. Didnt play OU or bowl.
none of rest matter.
neither simms or robinson wanted to leave, and coach brown had zero to do with it.
it was academics/tutor cheating issue and WVU handled it outside sports program.

WVU got a 5 star wr from FSU to replace simms, and has 3 of the top 5 safety recruits in WVU history to replace robinson and pitts. Pitts left bc he didnt think he'd start again this year.

WVU has issues, but issues are on oline. WVU has a lot talent at safety, it's just young and unproven.
this is a true rebuilding year though.
6-6 most likely. And that was case if Dh stayed too.

Brown is an ass kicker in recruiting and future is bright, but future is 2020, not 2019.
George Campbell is a zero star transfer. In 4 years at FSU he had 13 total catches and tried to grad transfer to Penn State but couldn't get admitted into the school. He's about to be the poster child of recruiting busts. Tall, fast, untalented.

okstate987

A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
George Campbell is a zero star transfer. In 4 years at FSU he had 13 total catches and tried to grad transfer to Penn State but couldn't get admitted into the school. He's about to be the poster child of recruiting busts. Tall, fast, untalented.
@Nolaeer this is why people call you Baghdad bob:

Attachments

Sep 9, 2013
Who had the FSU offer? None of the recruiting services show a player w/ an offer from FSU, publications don't announce what offers are commitable and what ones aren't. Just because a 3 star has an offer listed from Mich or OhioSt on 247 or rivals doesn't mean its committable.
Jordan jefferson, class 2019.

During his Signing Day press conference Head Coach Neal Brown made a comment in passing that Jefferson's situation "got interesting here late, even as late as last night." The unranked prospect had picked up late offers from Kansas State and Louisville, both of whom were trying to get him to visit, but then Jefferson got a call late Wednesday night from a powerhouse program trying to get him to flip. Brown didn't mention who it was, but EerSports reached out to Jefferson to get a name.

"FSU tried to," Jefferson texted. "No (visit). They just wanted me to sign."

He does not mean Fairmont State, of course, but rather Florida State. The Seminoles are currently ranked No. 16 in the 247Sports Team Rankings, which is one of their worst years in recent memory (they typically sit among the top five or top ten). That should give more validation to the pickup for WVU, as Jefferson currently sits unranked in the 247Sports Composite, but is highly thought of not only by Brown, but obviously by a lot of top college football programs.

"I think people went back and watched his senior tape and went, 'wow,'" said Brown. "Here's a kid that was one of the best if not the best defensive lineman available."

Sep 9, 2013
@Nolaeer this is why people call you Baghdad bob:
He has injury issues.
WVU has had a lot of success with highly rated recruits that had injury issues elsewhere.
kenny bigelow was a 5 star USC kid with same track record. he started and was a very good dline,en for wvu last season and had no injuries.

WVU has an NFL quality sports medicine department, one that put USC's to shame.

okstate987

A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
He has injury issues.
WVU has had a lot of success with highly rated recruits that had injury issues elsewhere.
kenny bigelow was a 5 star USC kid with same track record. he started and was a very good dline,en for wvu last season and had no injuries.

WVU has an NFL quality sports medicine department, one that put USC's to shame.
You are a trip. I thought this was your best recruiting class ever! WVU is ranked 56 nationally along with a 8/10 rank in the Big XII. Its a bad recruiting class any way you cut it right now.