#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
Agree, particularly if Ice doesn't play. Unlikely Cade can replicate Saturday, which was insane.
a lot of the guys we’re TIGHT on Saturday. BWill finally calmed his nerves and was a huge reason the good guys came out ahead. I saw Walker pushing so hard to rip those f’ers hearts out - nerves settle and the shooting returns. Its a common misconception that it’s Cade and a bunch of scrubs - this team is really good. Players are learning, coaching staff is learning, and when they take the offensive adrenaline down just a hair, they are unstoppable.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
a lot of the guys we’re TIGHT on Saturday. BWill finally calmed his nerves and was a huge reason the good guys came out ahead. I saw Walker pushing so hard to rip those f’ers hearts out - nerves settle and the shooting returns. Its a common misconception that it’s Cade and a bunch of scrubs - this team is really good. Players are learning, coaching staff is learning, and when they take the offensive adrenaline down just a hair, they are unstoppable.
Tale as old as time. Role players play better at home.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well, i still think OU is the better overall team. but sometimes, having the best player on the court matters more. Unless he heroes out again, I like OU's chances tonight. It'll be a good game either way.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I don’t know if there’s any chance of Ice being available tonight, but he’d be a much better matchup guarding Reaves than all our switching that ends with having MAM on him.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Well, i still think OU is the better overall team.
They’re about as even as two teams I’ve seen in a long time. Records are even, wins against similar competition are about even, they just went to OT in the one head to head match up. Other than “homerism” which we do too, what makes you think their the better overall team? Just curious.

I actually think ou wins tonight in another close one. They’ll come in with a chip and Kruger will have a plan to slow down Cade if not neutralize him entirely. Can Boynton and crew counter?

Both teams could be a tough out in the next month.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Where’s the part about liking your chances better in GIA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm saying that now. At the time, I didn't like our chances on Saturday. I believe we'll bounce back tonight. Could easily be wrong though. Our last 3 games haven't been good.
So after getting beat at home and a two game losing streak, you like your chances better on the road two days later against a team with a 4 game win streak?

Sound reasoning...............for a zero.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
I think our players will be a little more relaxed now. Playing OU is always a nervous time especially how good they are this year but our boys got that win with cade's help, they know they can't rely only on him again

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I think our players will be a little more relaxed now. Playing OU is always a nervous time especially how good they are this year but our boys got that win with cade's help, they know they can't rely only on him again
Literally nothing to lose for the Pokes. Secured the split and playing at home. Losing tonight will do no damage to our postseason chances or seeding. All the pressure is squarely on OU.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I don’t know if there’s any chance of Ice being available tonight, but he’d be a much better matchup guarding Reaves than all our switching that ends with having MAM on him.
I’m not concerned about fatigue yet, but after this we’ve still got 2 games this week and both of the teams we’ll be playing against will have gone through the same schedule. I think having Ice back fresh will be a huge asset for us to push through the later 2 games on the slate.

I honestly thought MAM did a pretty good job getting his feet moving on the perimeter defense, Reaves is just such a tough match up with his ability to draw fouls and MAM is definitely a guy that’s going to foul at this point. Still though, I love the line ups with him at the 4, our big lineups really gave them some serious problems.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I absolutely LOVE the back to back nature of these games, it gives it a real NBA playoff kind of vibe. Would love to see this be a new tradition, always end the season with back to back Bedlam.

Aug 7, 2006
I absolutely LOVE the back to back nature of these games, it gives it a real NBA playoff kind of vibe. Would love to see this be a new tradition, always end the season with back to back Bedlam.

I've been thinking this as well. Play one on Saturday and one on Monday or Tuesday every year.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Some interesting tidbits.
When’s the last time we had a RANKED Bedlam matchup?

Jan 17th. 2015. #24 OSU @ #17 OU.

When’s the last time we had a ranked Bedlam matchup in GIA?

January 14th. 2004. #25 OSU vs #7 OU

From 2015 and up, only OU has been ranked. Between 2004 and 2015, OSU was mostly ranked (except for the 2008-2010 seasons where neither team was ranked at the time).

So, in the last 2 decades, there’s been about 3 Bedlam ranked matchups. Glad Bedlam is getting more attention in basketball now.

Last edited: