#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
How about Bryce Williams last night?
14 pts
3-6 from 3-pt
3-4 FT
1 TO

Hounded Reaves all night last night, and you could really see his frustration (missed dunk, etc...) Two of his 3-pt shots came at critical times, just like they did on Saturday.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Damn, did anyone else have trouble accessing this board last night for several hours during the game? I have att cell and internet and neither would let me log on. It was giving me an error that it couldn't find the server. Every other website worked. Freaking sucked! I couldn't read or post during the game. I woke up at about 3am to let my dog out and saw that I could finally get on the site and that the game thread was going all through the game. So it appears the site was up and running fine for everyone else.

All I gotta say was watching that great bedlam game and not being able to post about it in real time on here sucked.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Damn, did anyone else have trouble accessing this board last night for several hours during the game? I have att cell and internet and neither would let me log on. It was giving me an error that it couldn't find the server. Every other website worked. Freaking sucked! I couldn't read or post during the game. I woke up at about 3am to let my dog out and saw that I could finally get on the site and that the game thread was going all through the game. So it appears the site was up and running fine for everyone else.

All I gotta say was watching that great bedlam game and not being able to post about it in real time on here sucked.
I know some people were having issues. I know I was on mobile and it worked fine for me expect for a minute or two right after the game. Someone said that the main site went down for a while

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria

I couldn't either. Computer without VPN, computer with VPN (in case the EU thing, being in Austria), and Phone. Nothing worked. Expected to wake-up to a very short game thread.

Jun 14, 2011
CC i
Bad pass by Williams there. His one weakness this year has been running the break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Usually he is happy to drive into and then try to dunk on 3 or more people on any normal run in the lane, but on a two-on-one fast break where the defender is back pedaling and off balance, he defers...

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
How about Bryce Williams last night?
14 pts
3-6 from 3-pt
3-4 FT
1 TO

Hounded Reaves all night last night, and you could really see his frustration (missed dunk, etc...) Two of his 3-pt shots came at critical times, just like they did on Saturday.
His play the last two games has been huge, especially the timely three pointers.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
It's very interesting with the rankings. It's like nationally they have decided the Big 10 is better than the Big 12. I'm not sure about that. Teams in the Big 10 with 6 and 7 losses are top 10 teams. Teams in the Big 12 with similar records are ranked 10-20. Guess we will find out tournament time. I don't think Michigan goes through our league with only 1 loss but I could be wrong.
An "upset" in the Big12 results in the higher ranked team move down, while the lower ranked stays where they are. Slowly 4 to 5 Big 12 teams have migrated down about 8 spots.

Meanwhile, in the Big10, they do the opposite in the rankings.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
I'm going to go ahead and eat half of my crow right now.

I've been saying for a while that no one wants to be wrong about Boynton more than me, and that was true. For this year, he's absolutely been a success. He has definitely proven me wrong for this season. The other half of my crow will be if he can take us back to the NCAA Tournament next season. If he does that, I'll eat the other half. The way this team has improved, I like our chances next season.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Kalib Boone's play is really pivotal right now. He does well against the thinner bigs in league play. MAM does some positive things as well but he really gets exploited on his ball screen defense. MAM essentially forces us to play zone. Williams is always an X factor for us and he played well. Cade made plays when it counted. AA was good, but he had that stretch where he went braindead and really costs us. I'm hoping that's gone by next year when we need him to be a primary player for us. Team has such a better flow on offense this year. Will be interesting with Ice back in the mix. Does that close down driving lanes for Cade and post spacing for Kalib? Ice is clearly one of our better players so we have to figure it out when he returns. Baylor and West Virginia have kind of separated themselves from the rest of the league. Hopefully we can get 1 of 2.

It's very interesting with the rankings. It's like nationally they have decided the Big 10 is better than the Big 12. I'm not sure about that. Teams in the Big 10 with 6 and 7 losses are top 10 teams. Teams in the Big 12 with similar records are ranked 10-20. Guess we will find out tournament time. I don't think Michigan goes through our league with only 1 loss but I could be wrong.
I think my main concern with Ice is if he plays but isn’t healthy and ends up averaging something like 4 ppg down the stretch. At that point, we’re better off resting him. If the foot is healed and it is just the hand, then I still think he can be effective. Won’t be able to shoot well, but he never really has anyway. I’d be tempted to rest him at least until the Big XII tourney.

AA was a different player after he tweaked his knee. Really hope Saturday is enough time to get him completely healthy.

Yeah, I’m not getting it on the Big XII versus the Big 10 this year. Baylor and Michigan are on par with each other, then you have 3 Big 10 teams in the top 10 with 6 or 7 losses. There are 7 legit Big XII teams and only 6 in the Big 10. The other 8 teams have TCU quality resumes or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
An "upset" in the Big12 results in the higher ranked team move down, while the lower ranked stays where they are. Slowly 4 to 5 Big 12 teams have migrated down about 8 spots.

Meanwhile, in the Big10, they do the opposite in the rankings.
It has a football SEC feel to it with the rankings.

Dec 9, 2013
I'm going to go ahead and eat half of my crow right now.

I've been saying for a while that no one wants to be wrong about Boynton more than me, and that was true. For this year, he's absolutely been a success. He has definitely proven me wrong for this season. The other half of my crow will be if he can take us back to the NCAA Tournament next season. If he does that, I'll eat the other half. The way this team has improved, I like our chances next season.
I’ll have the other half and then buy the next round if we need to split next year. It’s not just the wins against uo but last night sat some players when they needed. He also realized at the half we needed to get Cade going off the ball and in the paint. Timeouts were managed well.

Holder has an interesting problem coming up. How do you pay up in a period where revenues don’t allow it?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Honestly I don't care if the Pokes go 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 over the next two. I just hope we come out the other side healthy.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Honestly I don't care if the Pokes go 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 over the next two. I just hope we come out the other side healthy.
I agree. Although I'm sure I'll complain about something :) during the games, I give them a pass for whatever happens in these next two games.

I think they should only have to make up one of these cancelled games. Several teams (ahem, OU) are doing that. It's a rough task to play 4 very physical games in 8 days...and then turn around and play against another top 25 team (likely) in the first round of the conference tournament.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Pokes are guaranteed to finish above .500 this year. Not even the Smart year was able to do this.

I'm actually not sure when's the last time we finished above .500. I know in Brad Underwear year we finished 9-9 in 2016, but that's all I got off memory.