#17 COWBOYS SWEEP THE #16 SOONERS. Pokes are on a FIVE Win Winning Streak. State is 10-6, 17-6, Overall. @ #3 Baylor THURSDAY. Sweep #4. #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Pokes are guaranteed to finish above .500 this year. Not even the Smart year was able to do this.

I'm actually not sure when's the last time we finished above .500. I know in Brad Underwear year we finished 9-9 in 2016, but that's all I got off memory.
I think I read the last time we had 10 conference wins was 2013 when we had 13.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Pokes are guaranteed to finish above .500 this year. Not even the Smart year was able to do this.

I'm actually not sure when's the last time we finished above .500. I know in Brad Underwear year we finished 9-9 in 2016, but that's all I got off memory.
2nd Smart year. His freshman year we had 13 conference wins and finished 3rd. That is the last time we were over .500, 2012-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Interesting comment, when only 5 players played more than 9 minutes for OU.

6th player had 9 minutes
7th player had 8minutes
8th player had 2 minutes

OSU had 7 players with 18+ minutes and that is with ICE sitting out. I would consider that depth.
That's weird. It's almost like you're saying Toker is kind of an idiot and views everything as "Ou is the greatest now let's talk about where the rest of you losers fit in". I mean, he did say yesterday that if you ranked all of the two teams players, it would be Cunningham and then 3 or 4 Sooners and then maybe an OSU guy. I haven't watched Ou play except for the two games against us, but I wouldn't trade for any of their guys. Maybe that guy that was covering Cade, but they can keep Manek and Reeves. They wouldn't fit on our team anyway.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
That's weird. It's almost like you're saying Toker is kind of an idiot and views everything as "Ou is the greatest now let's talk about where the rest of you losers fit in". I mean, he did say yesterday that if you ranked all of the two teams players, it would be Cunningham and then 3 or 4 Sooners and then maybe an OSU guy. I haven't watched Ou play except for the two games against us, but I wouldn't trade for any of their guys. Maybe that guy that was covering Cade, but they can keep Manek and Reeves. They wouldn't fit on our team anyway.
I'll say it....he is an idiot.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

6th player had 9 minutes
7th player had 8minutes
8th player had 2 minutes

OSU had 7 players with 18+ minutes and that is with ICE sitting out. I would consider that depth.
Yep, hell of a game and effort on their part.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby

6th player had 9 minutes
7th player had 8minutes
8th player had 2 minutes

Manek and Reaves would absolutely fit on this team. In fact, they'd be fantastic additions.

Manek (aside from his recent post-COVID stretch) provides more floor spacing than anyone on our entire roster. Put him in PnR with Cade and see what happens. Either trap Cade and give up Manek 3's or switch the screen and you have two mismatches.

Reaves is a hell of a player as well. He can score at all 3 levels (3pt isn't elite but solid) and he'd be an awesome secondary creator to Cade.

Look, I get it... we don't like OU but those guys are good players.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
I didn’t realize we finished 9-7 in James Anderson’s sophomore and junior years. He averaged 22.3 ppg his junior year. What a walking bucket he was.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
I didn’t realize we finished 9-7 in James Anderson’s sophomore and junior years. He averaged 22.3 ppg his junior year. What a walking bucket he was.

James Anderson is one of the most underrated players in our program's history. His junior year he won Big 12 POY, and was literally unstoppable until he began suffering back spasms late in the year.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
Kalib Boone's play is really pivotal right now. He does well against the thinner bigs in league play. MAM does some positive things as well but he really gets exploited on his ball screen defense. MAM essentially forces us to play zone. Williams is always an X factor for us and he played well. Cade made plays when it counted. AA was good, but he had that stretch where he went braindead and really costs us. I'm hoping that's gone by next year when we need him to be a primary player for us. Team has such a better flow on offense this year. Will be interesting with Ice back in the mix. Does that close down driving lanes for Cade and post spacing for Kalib? Ice is clearly one of our better players so we have to figure it out when he returns. Baylor and West Virginia have kind of separated themselves from the rest of the league. Hopefully we can get 1 of 2.

It's very interesting with the rankings. It's like nationally they have decided the Big 10 is better than the Big 12. I'm not sure about that. Teams in the Big 10 with 6 and 7 losses are top 10 teams. Teams in the Big 12 with similar records are ranked 10-20. Guess we will find out tournament time. I don't think Michigan goes through our league with only 1 loss but I could be wrong.
Agree with everything you said, except concerning Michigan. I've watched their last 4 games, and they are a complete team with no apparent weaknesses. Good size, good ball handlers, good shooters, good depth. I think they would go undefeated in the Big 12.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
James Anderson is one of the most underrated players in our program's history. His junior year he won Big 12 POY, and was literally unstoppable until he began suffering back spasms late in the year.
Wish he was here now. He would be the perfect running mate for Cade

Sep 23, 2010
Agree with everything you said, except concerning Michigan. I've watched their last 4 games, and they are a complete team with no apparent weaknesses. Good size, good ball handlers, good shooters, good depth. I think they would go undefeated in the Big 12.
I have watched them too. They are very good and would finish near the top of our league, but I don't see them being better than Baylor. Michigan's team really fits and they are in a great rhythm as a team.

I just don't see them having this fluidity with Baylor, West Virginia, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, OU. They get the same man defense night in and night out in the Big 10 it seems. Big 12 is a different attack each night. Heck, Bruce Webber from K-State exposes a team's weakness when they play and shows the roadmap for other teams.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
I have watched them too. They are very good and would finish near the top of our league, but I don't see them being better than Baylor. Michigan's team really fits and they are in a great rhythm as a team.

I just don't see them having this fluidity with Baylor, West Virginia, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, OU. They get the same man defense night in and night out in the Big 10 it seems. Big 12 is a different attack each night. Heck, Bruce Webber from K-State exposes a team's weakness when they play and shows the roadmap for other teams.

I just don't think Baylor could handle their size. Hopefully we'll find out in the tournament - would love to see Michigan play some Big 12 opponents.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
So how does the senior eligibility thing work? Do Reaves and Manek have the option to come back next year? That would be no bueno.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
So how does the senior eligibility thing work? Do Reaves and Manek have the option to come back next year? That would be no bueno.
Basically this year put a pause on their eligibility. Every senior can come back for one more year. I can see Manek maybe coming back but Reaves is for sure gone. I can see them both leaving since they will probably play professionally somewhere.

Sep 23, 2010
Basically this year put a pause on their eligibility. Every senior can come back for one more year. I can see Manek maybe coming back but Reaves is for sure gone. I can see them both leaving since they will probably play professionally somewhere.
Not only can every senior come back, but it doesn't count towards the 13 scholarships is my understanding as well.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

6th player had 9 minutes
7th player had 8minutes
8th player had 2 minutes

Manek and Reaves would absolutely fit on this team. In fact, they'd be fantastic additions.

Manek (aside from his recent post-COVID stretch) provides more floor spacing than anyone on our entire roster. Put him in PnR with Cade and see what happens. Either trap Cade and give up Manek 3's or switch the screen and you have two mismatches.

Reaves is a hell of a player as well. He can score at all 3 levels (3pt isn't elite but solid) and he'd be an awesome secondary creator to Cade.

Look, I get it... we don't like OU but those guys are good players.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Your opinion. His opinion of our players is low so I’m going the same route. Our guys are great and all theirs sucks. It’s really the only way to discuss sports with guys like Toker. You give an inch and concede a point and he never does. It’s not an honest discussion, but is it ever with the ou fans that post here? Anything less than bowing down and proclaiming them the greatest is pointless.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Kalib Boone's play is really pivotal right now. He does well against the thinner bigs in league play. MAM does some positive things as well but he really gets exploited on his ball screen defense. MAM essentially forces us to play zone. Williams is always an X factor for us and he played well. Cade made plays when it counted. AA was good, but he had that stretch where he went braindead and really costs us. I'm hoping that's gone by next year when we need him to be a primary player for us. Team has such a better flow on offense this year. Will be interesting with Ice back in the mix. Does that close down driving lanes for Cade and post spacing for Kalib? Ice is clearly one of our better players so we have to figure it out when he returns. Baylor and West Virginia have kind of separated themselves from the rest of the league. Hopefully we can get 1 of 2.

It's very interesting with the rankings. It's like nationally they have decided the Big 10 is better than the Big 12. I'm not sure about that. Teams in the Big 10 with 6 and 7 losses are top 10 teams. Teams in the Big 12 with similar records are ranked 10-20. Guess we will find out tournament time. I don't think Michigan goes through our league with only 1 loss but I could be wrong.
Undefeated? Think about that and let me know if you really believe it. We’re talking 18-0 here. Not happening.