#17 Cowboys WIN!!! Pokes defeats #6 WVU 85-80 WITHOUT Cade and Ice, AA 31pts. Cowboys finish 18-7, 11-7 in Conference. Big 12 Tournament THURSDAY.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Wait until we make the sweet 16 this year and then do the deal...not a STUPID deal but one that is fitting for a top 15 basketball school that we used to be and should be again...Next year is going to be off the chart in GIA again...I finally feel it...would have been amazing this year if not for Covid. Can you imagine late 1990's GIA again? It's coming...I honestly think it is. Makes me giddie.
Especially with how athletic next years OSU team will be. If we can get that big man from Canada that can reclassify this team could be scary good.

Mar 27, 2008
I really like Boynton, but we simply can't make that mistake again. Pay him what he's worth, but the longterm contract thing with his current accomplishments is really risky.
Current accomplishments? You mean like having a top 10 team while being the lowest paid guy in the Big12? That has disaster written all over it for someone else to come and out bid our low-ball "what he's worth" offer.

Jun 14, 2011
Wow! Was traveling and just saw the score and box score. That is amazing. What is a brief synopsis of the game? Super exciting!!
I missed the first 3/4 of the game, but the final 10 minutes we looked to be fighting against the same refs from the Baylor game that don't know what a hand check is. Kouma had a very solid game and fouled out on a very iffy call. Keylan hit some big shots. AA had the best game of his career by far and also the worst turnover I have ever seen. B Will was out of control with 0-6 from 3 and 8 turnovers..... 8. The guys fought really hard from what I could see and play soild defense despite lots of foul trouble.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I really like Boynton, but we simply can't make that mistake again. Pay him what he's worth, but the longterm contract thing with his current accomplishments is really risky.
Wait until we make the sweet 16 this year and then do the deal...not a STUPID deal but one that is fitting for a top 15 basketball school that we used to be and should be again...Next year is going to be off the chart in GIA again...I finally feel it...would have been amazing this year if not for Covid. Can you imagine late 1990's GIA again? It's coming...I honestly think it is. Makes me giddie.
For sure. We gave him a shot, if you pay him then he might actually stay a while. Seems like an upstanding guy that appreciates the shot he was given. Pay him now and earn some loyalty down the road. Might need it to keep someone from back east from poaching him, like Syracuse after Boheim is finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Current accomplishments? You mean like being a top 10 team while being the lowest paid guy in the Big12? That has disaster written all over it for someone else to come and out bid our low-ball "what he's worth" offer.
How did you possibly construe my comment to mean that we should give him a lowball offer?

Also, what's his tourney record so far?

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
For sure. We gave him a shot, if you pay him then he might actually stay a while. Seems like an upstanding guy that appreciates the shot he was given. Pay him now and earn some loyalty down the road. Might need it to keep someone from back east from poaching him, like Syracuse after Boheim is finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d extend him for his integrity and intensity. The wins are a nice bonus. I’ll take a “builder of men” any day of the week. Kids want to play for him, and that will always make his teams relevant - both because of the raw talent he recruits, but also because they bring the grit, grind and heart. The exact type of person you want affiliated with your university.

Oct 30, 2007
I've loved this hire from his opening press conference...seriously need to pay this man and keep him on contract long term.
This could be the first major decision that Chad Weiberg has to make. What do we do if another school comes after Boynton and offers him an 8-10 year contract? Do we lock him in long term after only one year of success? We got burned doing that with Coach Ford, but we got burned by not doing that with Coach Underwood.

I definitely feel like Coach Boynton has earned himself a raise this year, but I would prefer to see some sustained success before locking him in long term. If today's game is any indication, that shouldn't be a problem.