#17 Cowboys WIN!!! Pokes defeats #6 WVU 85-80 WITHOUT Cade and Ice, AA 31pts. Cowboys finish 18-7, 11-7 in Conference. Big 12 Tournament THURSDAY.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
And AA played a lot of the second half with 3/4 fouls. AA is clearly the player of the game but Kouma was really solid today. Keylan Boone hit some big shots, MAM played well before fouling out. Lots of guys that we needed to get confidence moving into post season play came up huge today.
Absolutely great call out. Kouma takes screens like a beast, and he was rebounding and finishing really well today. I love how avoids fouls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
This could be the first major decision that Chad Weiberg has to make. What do we do if another school comes after Boynton and offers him an 8-10 year contract? Do we lock him in long term after only one year of success? We got burned doing that with Coach Ford, but we got burned by not doing that with Coach Underwood.

I definitely feel like Coach Boynton has earned himself a raise this year, but I would prefer to see some sustained success before locking him in long term. If today's game is any indication, that shouldn't be a problem.
I'm MUCH happier with Boynton than with Underwood. He didn't feel at all committed to us. Plus, Underwood still has a lot to prove at Illinois. For his first two years they were TERRIBLE. Last year they were pretty good, but the season ended and we didn't get to see how his team performed in the tournament. Now the are admittedly very good, but they also have 6 losses. Plus I feel like the Big Ten is over valued. I expect the Big 12 to outperform them in the tournament as we have to face the good teams WAY more often than the Big Ten does. 70% of our league is ranked 18th or higher right now and the only reason more are not higher is because we beat the ever loving crap out of each other.

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I can't remember a player making such an improvement and progress in a year like Avery Anderson has. Looks like a completely new player from his freshman year to now his sophomore year. Credit to him for putting in work and to the coaching staff for his development.

Edit: and yes add Kalib Boone also to this.
Markel Brown is the one that sticks out to me. Always felt like he made big strides every season.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
First half impressions:

Boone is starting to think he can score whenever he wants. I like it.

I feel like we’re going to lose a close game.

I love our hustle. I hate our sloppiness.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Wait until we make the sweet 16 this year and then do the deal...not a STUPID deal but one that is fitting for a top 15 basketball school that we used to be and should be again...Next year is going to be off the chart in GIA again...I finally feel it...would have been amazing this year if not for Covid. Can you imagine late 1990's GIA again? It's coming...I honestly think it is. Makes me giddie.
This times infinity!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Beat WVU and the refs, huge win!!! Way to go pokes and way to go AA! As always coach Boynton succeeds end of season
And way to have those 2 timeouts in the pocket with under a minute. I almost wanted him to call one of those about 3-4 minutes earlier.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk