#17 Cowboys WIN!!! Pokes defeats #6 WVU 85-80 WITHOUT Cade and Ice, AA 31pts. Cowboys finish 18-7, 11-7 in Conference. Big 12 Tournament THURSDAY.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Unbelievably stoked about this win. Team playing without the two headliners and still won at West Virginia. Excited to see how they perform in both tournaments. The future looks bright!!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
My summary without Cade and ICE.
AA is a step away from being the next Tony Allen. His only weakness is trying to push it when the numbers are not there.

Going into the NCAA. AA, Cade, and Kalib could be a combo to make it to the Final Four. I'm big on having two-three star players, no more, everyone else are just contributors.. That is a little weak right now, but if we see improvements like today. Maybe.

AA-Cade-Kalib could do it. These are not Bryant Reeves-Randy Rutherford or Joey Graham - Tony Allen - Lucas superstar combo level, so they will need help from the bench.

Who knows, but today was a nice surprise

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
WOW!!! WHAT A GAME!!!
No Cade
No Ice
No problem

Coach needs his money. He deserve it

Hope we get Cade and Ice back soon
I understand everyone's comments about this, but with the athletic department running in a deficit right now I would prefer an extension to his contract with the promise of a raise once we are back in the black.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
WOW!!! WHAT A GAME!!!
No Cade
No Ice
No problem

I understand everyone's comments about this, but with the athletic department running in a deficit right now I would prefer an extension to his contract with the promise of a raise once we are back in the black.

Meh, it’s not our money. Use that million you saved on Gundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I say add $50/semester for the next 2 years and bump HCMMFB up $1 mil/year each of the next 2 years, then pay him from increasing ticket sales. Doesn’t affect the rest of the AD budget and the student loans are gonna be forgiven anyway.

Win/win and WIN!

Oct 30, 2007
WOW!!! WHAT A GAME!!!
No Cade
No Ice
No problem

Running a deficit but with 100s of millions in the bank. Pay him or watch him leave. If he leaves, Weiberg should be fired before he starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

He needs to at least get bumped to 2.5 mil and be in the top 50. It could start at like 2.6 and then escalate quickly, but a raise and contract extension are due. He exceeded expectations and did so by developing around Cade rather than relying on Cade. This has been the most fun basketball season in a long time and the future looks bright. There will be other schools willing to pay him 3 mil per year. Just look at current salaries.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
I’m just watching it now. I gotta say, 12 min in and this doesn’t feel like a W.
Lol I'm sure you're nice guy but what the hell does that mean. Some of our fans think like losers or talking shooting on other team. Osu is #2 in field goal percentage in big 12. #2 in defense field. goal this year. We are avg 5th big 12 from 3. Hell nobody bothers to look at stats. Not luck folks. Good team. Perhaps we only win 1 ncaa tournament game. Hope more but this is a good team guys. Sure Anderson played great true but Good team.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
My summary without Cade and ICE.
AA is a step away from being the next Tony Allen. His only weakness is trying to push it when the numbers are not there.

Going into the NCAA. AA, Cade, and Kalib could be a combo to make it to the Final Four. I'm big on having two-three star players, no more, everyone else are just contributors.. That is a little weak right now, but if we see improvements like today. Maybe.

AA-Cade-Kalib could do it. These are not Bryant Reeves-Randy Rutherford or Joey Graham - Tony Allen - Lucas superstar combo level, so they will need help from the bench.

Who knows, but today was a nice surprise
AA I love him. Chance to be great but completely different player than Tony Allen is every way. Tony is 6'4 220. AA is 6'2 and 175lbs thin but really quick athletic. Love him chance be great but weird comparison.

Aug 28, 2009

And I would say that opens the door for him to leave. If we don’t pay him somebody else will

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009

Additionally he hasn’t won a tourney game yet. This banter sounds a lot like when under pants was here and Holder was right to say no.

I’ve always like HCMB as a man. Questioned him as a coach more than once but he’s grown up as much as these players. Watching him interact with students after a win or flat out saying “we dont like ou” is first class. I hope his name is on the court someday, I want him to be that successful. But we can’t start throwing cash around yet. I hope in roughly 3 weeks we can but not yet.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
AA I love him. Chance to be great but completely different player than Tony Allen is every way. Tony is 6'4 220. AA is 6'2 and 175lbs thin but really quick athletic. Love him chance be great but weird comparison.
Both play/played ferocious defense. AA is incredibly disruptive to opponent's offenses. When TT needed a late 3 AA wouldn't even let McClung catch the ball.

I'll allow it.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
And I would say that opens the door for him to leave. If we don’t pay him somebody else will
Thats what gets you Travis Ford contracts and Underpants walk outs.

Im old enough to remember Kentucky “coming for” Ford. They weren’t. And we got locked into a bad deal reacting.

I get the fervor but he’s got a couple more steps to take. Get to the third weekend of March and let’s start talking $$$$.

Sep 29, 2006
Thats what gets you Travis Ford contracts and Underpants walk outs.

Im old enough to remember Kentucky “coming for” Ford. They weren’t. And we got locked into a bad deal reacting.

I get the fervor but he’s got a couple more steps to take. Get to the third weekend of March and let’s start talking $$$$.

All I can say is I am so glad Holder is retiring and hopefully won't handle any negotiations with HCMB. The key is to pay HCMB a fair salary - not too much (Ford) or too little (Underwood). I think Boynton deserves to be top 5 in the league.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
All I can say is I am so glad Holder is retiring and hopefully won't handle any negotiations with HCMB. The key is to pay HCMB a fair salary - not too much (Ford) or too little (Underwood). I think Boynton deserves to be top 5 in the league.
The problem with Ford wasn't the amount it was the contract length. 10 years was absurd. Give Boynton a hefty raise and an extension through 2026 or 2027.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
I don't think there's an AD in the country that's going to confuse Mike Boynton with Travis Ford. I damn sure wouldn't want to be the AD that loses Boynton over money unless he gets an unbelievable offer. If it takes $2.5 mil this year I find a way to do it. If it takes a 6-7 year escalating contract, I do it. If he's winning (and I think he will long term), filling the seats will take care of most of his salary.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Mike Boynton strikes me as a dude that as long as you treat him fairly and honestly he will negotiate in good faith. I also don't think he's stupid so if someone offers him a butt load of money at a basketball rich school back east, he would take it.