#17 Cowboys WIN!!! Pokes defeats #6 WVU 85-80 WITHOUT Cade and Ice, AA 31pts. Cowboys finish 18-7, 11-7 in Conference. Big 12 Tournament THURSDAY.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
How do we think Likekele will look in his return? Does his negative spacing on offense negate the positives of his defense, rebounding, and playmaking?

If he's 100%, he's an all-Big 12 caliber player. I just wish they had a few more games to get him integrated into the offense before the postseason. I'd hate to damage some of the positive momentum this team has built this late in the season.

That said, if anyone needs a reminder of how good Ice can be, watch these videos:

https://youtu.be/Im-R-w9ehGc

https://youtu.be/TgQISyENRws

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I had some of the same concerns, then I remembered how much we’ve been turning the ball over without him and realized he will definitely make us better. By far the best assist to turnover ratio on the team. Only 2 players with more assists than turnovers and that is Likekele (3.7/2.3) and Williams (2.1/2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I don’t think Ice starts, which means the spacing to me is much less of a concern cuz he’ll be spelling Cade and Avery. So it’s just a big positive.

Most of his minutes probably come at the expense of Keylan. But WV is big, so maybe Keylan stays involved

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I don’t think Ice starts, which means the spacing to me is much less of a concern cuz he’ll be spelling Cade and Avery. So it’s just a big positive.

Most of his minutes probably come at the expense of Keylan. But WV is big, so maybe Keylan stays involved

I’ve liked what Keylan has done here lately and think he will only get better with PT. Not thinking he should play over Ice but definitely should be taking Flavors minutes. He’s a great matchup with other teams that have big guys. He’s our best rebounder, most rebounds per minute. So, he needs to be in there some or we will struggle on the boards.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I’ve liked what Keylan has done here lately and think he will only get better with PT. Not thinking he should play over Ice but definitely should be taking Flavors minutes. He’s a great matchup with other teams that have big guys. He’s our best rebounder, most rebounds per minute. So, he needs to be in there some or we will struggle on the boards.

I don’t disagree with the Ferron part (at this point I’m not sure he should ever play), but that’s probably just not enough minutes.

Sep 22, 2018
Austin
You play him here and there and see if he's hot. If hes hitting threes he plays. If hes not he sits.
No! Put a walkon in for flavors. He can get a desperate hand in a shooters face for about what its worth. Lets look up his shooting % , maybe the worst all time for someone who they actually let in the game. Sorry but dude sucks and cant make a shot in the big time, risky taking these guys on scholly, we thought he could carry us into tourny when he signed. . Ice has a better shot as far as i care that guy is terrible