#2 Draft Pick!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Loved the Thunder ending up with the #2 and #12 picks last night.

I'm hoping for either the Auburn guy (Jabari Smith) or the Duke guy (Paolo Banchero). I'm not as high on Homlgren as those other two.

Then if we could package the #12 pick and move up a bit, we could also get a nice contributor. Maybe an AJ Griffen (Duke) or Jeremy Sochan (Baylor).

If the line-up next year was:
* Alexander
* Giddey
* Mann
* Smith or Banchero
* Dort/Bazley

I think that's a line-up we could win with...

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
Loved the Thunder ending up with the #2 and #12 picks last night.

I'm hoping for either the Auburn guy (Jabari Smith) or the Duke guy (Paolo Banchero). I'm not as high on Homlgren as those other two.

Then if we could package the #12 pick and move up a bit, we could also get a nice contributor. Maybe an AJ Griffen (Duke) or Jeremy Sochan (Baylor).

If the line-up next year was:
* Alexander
* Giddey
* Mann
* Smith or Banchero
* Dort/Bazley

I think that's a line-up we could win with...
We will need a big to defend the rim (enes like) . Can play some d and give 10ppg avg If Holmgren fell to 2 that would be great.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
What's going to be tricky is whoever we pass on will probably be picked up by Houston with the #3 pick. So the "wisdom" of our selection will be proven rightly or wrongly in our face over the next years.

Oct 30, 2012
Setting up to be a very interesting draft! Top 3-4 prospects could go in any order. The two big questions to me from the Thunders prospective, is #1 if Chet falls to 2, do they gamble and take him with his high potential upside (which Presti loves doing), and #2 is this the year they trade the 12 pick and other future picks to move up to another great pick in this class? To me, I feel like this is the year to do so but I could be totally wrong. Another thing here is that there’s a kid in next years draft that pretty much everyone is saying is a lock at #1 and he’s just like Chet Holmgren, except the scouts are saying better than Chet. Calling this kid a generational talent. So will be interesting to see what the Thunder do. Either way, I’m excited!

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
* I'm happy with Alexander and Giddy at Guard.
* I think the greatest need is at Power Forward. Either Smith or Banchero works there. Dort at SF fits.
* For Center, you could trade up just a bit with the #12 pick for a very capable Jalen Duren.

That would be a dream line-up that could make us very competitive for years to come.

Oct 30, 2012
* I think the greatest need is at Power Forward. Either Smith or Banchero works there. Dort at SF fits.
* For Center, you could trade up just a bit with the #12 pick for a very capable Jalen Duren.

That would be a dream line-up that could make us very competitive for years to come.
I agree 100%.

Oct 30, 2012

Do you know which picks are available to be traded? Isn’t there some that can’t be traded?

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I believe both of our other 1st round picks can be traded. So we could possibly trade up by offering our 1st round #12 and #30 picks.

I'm not sure what we have beyond the first round..

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009

Without having to trade up, Kessler could be a nice addition at center.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Agree, I'm not seeing the logic on the Nugget trade...

Seems like it would have been more beneficial to package our #12 and #30 to move up a bit for this year...

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
If our plans are to win NOW, I think you would take Smith/Banchero and Duren at Center.

If we go after "potential" players like Holmgren or Dieng (France) then our intent will likely be to tank another year and go after another somebody next year...

Maybe we think we learned better how to tank after last season...

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Latest Draft Rumors for the Thunder.

* Apparently, Holmgren wants to go to the Thunder:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ren-wants-to-be-selected-by-thunder-not-magic

* And the Thunder are interested in dealing Dort to trade up to the Kings #4 pick to get Jaden Ivey
https://pistonpowered.com/2022/06/20/thunder-detroit-pistons-2022-nba-draft/

* If the Thunder are unable to trade up, Shaedon Sharpe is hoping to be the Thunder's pick at #12.
https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2...klahoma-city-thunder-rumors-trade-report-pick