2012 NCAA Championship Tournament (wrestling)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Not sure possibly Smith's nephew Matt White or Stephen Swan. Both were pretty highly touted out of high school and should fill in well.
Being from Perry, that would be very cool to see Stephen get in the line up, but i don't think he will make it. Same for Ladd...and I want him to make it cause he is a distant cousin

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
good...he was a weak link in the lineup
Well considering he nearly paralyzed himself during a dual last year, the fact he was even able to wrestle for us this year is amazing. I think that injury really fazed him mentally, and he wasn't the same this year as he was last year (up until he got hurt)

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Well considering he nearly paralyzed himself during a dual last year, the fact he was even able to wrestle for us this year is amazing. I think that injury really fazed him mentally, and he wasn't the same this year as he was last year (up until he got hurt)
oh crap...giving me a minute to get my foot out of my mouth now. I feel bad, i forgot about that. you are very right man, my bad

Apr 14, 2011
there are always upsets on Day 2...hell Penn State and Minnesota were on the ropes several times today and barely won some matches. We have a shot, all you can ask for.
We'll get some head to head matches with PSU, Iowa and Minnesota soon as well. If we win those, we will most likely win the tournament.

Apr 14, 2011
Also, Parks wrestles Ness from Minnesota today. He beat him by decision in the National Duels so it looks promising. If he wins that one, we have directly robbed semifinal advancement points away from Minnesota.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Also, Parks wrestles Ness from Minnesota today. He beat him by decision in the National Duels so it looks promising. If he wins that one, we have directly robbed semifinal advancement points away from Minnesota.
Not only that, but he beat him after going down 5-0. Parks was the aggressor that match and he should do it again this one.

let's hope for upsets, and still having 8 wrestlers in it by the end of the day.

osu_cowboy_007

Territorial Marshal
Sep 21, 2008
Dallas
I read it on other board that

OSU and Cornell favored at 4/4 qf their matches
PSU favored at only 3/8 qf matches
Minnesota favored at 3/8 qf matches
Iowa favored at 4/6 qf matches

and PSU's top wrestler Molinaro limped at the end of his match which he barely won. I think we still have a decent shot at bringing #51 home. :koolaid:

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
It just kills me that we would probably be walking away with this title if we just had Z... At least Marsden is still alive and getting us points.

Apr 14, 2011
It just kills me that we would probably be walking away with this title if we just had Z... At least Marsden is still alive and getting us points.
Yes, but that's how sports go. We probably would have gone to the National Championship this year in football if the plane crash hadn't happened and Johhny Thomas, Hedgepeth, Smith and Anyiam wouldn't have been sidelined for the Iowa State game but that's how it goes.

Year's like this are made into documentaries though. Fighting through adversity and ending up on top. Go Pokes!

Feb 9, 2012
Yes, but that's how sports go. We probably would have gone to the National Championship this year in football if the plane crash hadn't happened and Johhny Thomas, Hedgepeth, Smith and Anyiam wouldn't have been sidelined for the Iowa State game but that's how it goes.

Year's like this are made into documentaries though. Fighting through adversity and ending up on top. Go Pokes!

Smith sidelined for the Iowa State game? As in Jeremy Smith? You must be thinking of someone else. Smith carried the ball 8 times and caught 2 passes in the Iowa State game.

May 4, 2006
BLUE RIVER
Coming up live on ESPNU at 10:00am
Championship Quarterfinals Schedule133: No. 1 Jordan Oliver (OSU) vs. No. 8 Zachery Steven (Michigan)
149: No. 2 Jamal Parks (OSU) vs. No. 7 Dylan Ness (Minnesota)
174: No. 2 Chris Perry (OSU) vs. No. 7 Jordan Blanton (Illinois)
197: No. 5 Cayle Byers (OSU) vs. James Nakashima (Nebraska)
Wrestleback Schedule125: Jon Morrison (OSU) vs. Ryak Finch (Iowa State)
141: Josh Kindig (OSU) vs. No. 7 Nick Nelson (Virginia)
165: Dallas Bailey (OSU) vs. Corey Leer (Bucknell)
285: Austin Marsden (OSU) vs. No. 7 Jeremy Johnson (Ohio)