1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

2017 NWCA Championship vs. Penn State

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Seth25809er, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I'm at work and can't watch. Who wins?

2. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

They don't really give a final score prediction. They jokingly say it'll end up 15-15, which almost never happens and won't here.

3. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Creator of "Dumbest Post in OP History!"
    A/V Subscriber

I think Joe has a much greater chance of getting majored than Nolan does.

I also think we are going to get the good version of Crutchmer this weekend. He may not show up at NCAAs, but Sunday I think he will be too much for Hall to handle.

4. cowboyup58

cowboyup58 Wrangler

These guys talking about how Midwest City's jr. high wrestling program has fallen off since Gundy left had me rolling. Really funny stuff and very complimentary of Gundy as a coach. Seth thanks as always for posting the flo programming.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

I think there's a decent chance of both getting majored. It was pretty apparent that Smith's knee wasn't great last week. He looked good, but it was really wrapped up and not very mobile. I think Boyd's the more likely of the 2 to pull of the upset though. We'll get bonus at 33, so if Brock can manage a TF that'll even out the fact that there's a chance that both 57 and 84 get bonus for them. Then all bets are off at 165. Either guy could win and either guy could get a fall.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Weird thing about that video is I can guarantee you OSU football has almost the entire sport of wrestling in their corner now. The sport's obviously not the biggest or most popular one, but the die-hard wrestling fan that's casually watching an OSU game on Saturday probably pulls for Gundy now.

The video was goofy and everything, but it wasn't cheesy to a point that it mocks wrestling or anything, which is often what you see with wrestling in TV shows and things of that nature.. It was really a pretty witty video that was basically just saying get out and watch, which was great all the way around for OSU.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dr. Kenneth J. Moore

If the crowd is worth 2 or 3 points...I believe we will pull this one out. Go Pokes!!!!

8. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Creator of "Dumbest Post in OP History!"
    A/V Subscriber

I just don't see Boyd giving up a major. Especially if we win at 165 or 174. He will know that not giving up the bonus will be needed and his an experienced enough wrestler to avoid it.

Retherford, Nolf, and Nickal are so damn good. I was looking at their records this morning and they've won by pin or 5 point tech fall in damn near all of their matches.

9. teibbor

teibbor Moderator
    Staff A/V Subscriber

Over 12K tickets have been sold!! GIA is going to get rockin

• Like Like x 9
  10. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread yesterday but i'm guessing the wrestling could actually set an all time GIA record because of the additional seats on the floor.

11. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

I saw that post in the other thread and wondered what it meant.

I could see it breaking the ticket "sales" record because of the floor seats, but think there's a possibility that not everyone is filled. Ex. Youth programs go out and buy 50 tickets for their team and only 40 kids show up. I think the crowd will be great, we'll break the record, etc..., but I don't know that it will completely max out that way. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #1 Pokes Fan

#1 Pokes Fan Sheriff

Only the 100 sections are reserved, correct? 200 and 300 sections are general admission? I believe this to be correct. Can you confirm?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

That's my understanding.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

OSU has a good reputation in several industries.

15. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Cowboy

I think Nickal is damn near untouchable and won't lose to anyone not named Gabe Dean but I just don't see Boyd getting majored. I also think we will see the best out of Crutch as he was probably embarrassed losing to a true freshman. It will be a close match to the end and hopefully the senior experience and home crowd will be able to help him pull out a huge win. If Smith is still hurt I wouldn't be shocked to see him get taken to pound town. I think Picc not giving up bonus points is absolutely huge in this dual

16. Seth25809er

Seth25809er Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

https://mobile.twitter.com/FloWrestling/status/832824636404490241/video/1

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Givegodtheglory

Givegodtheglory Greenhorn

Figured i try and ask here... does anyone happen to have 1 extra ticket for tomorrow? I am needing one for my 6yr old nephew i didnt think it would sale out so i held off on buying his ticket but now he is for sure going to stilly with me!

18. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

Is it sold out? I hadn't heard that.

19. oSuAusTex

oSuAusTex Territorial Marshal

While at the basketball game tonight, I was listening to the game on the radio.

They said the Penn State dual was a sell-out.

Fans attending tomorrow (including myself :D) will be part of the largest home crowd ever to watch the Cowboy wrestling team.

20. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

On the post game radio Dave said looking like might be the most ever in GIA since there are more seats than for bball. Yes according to Dave it is sold out plus. There are seats on the court too.

• Like Like x 3