1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Men's Basketball 2017 PG Trae Young

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CasperPoke11, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CasperPoke11

CasperPoke11 The Car'a'carn
    Staff A/V Subscriber

This thread is long overdue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CasperPoke11

Staff A/V Subscriber

https://twitter.com/CasperPoke11/status/793817351279869953

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm Your Captain!
    A/V Subscriber

4. OrangeFanatic2

Now there's rumors that Young is going to sign in the early signing period that begins next Wednesday. Maybe Underwood and staff left a great impression and then he got to watch the exhibition game.

• Like Like x 3
  5. CasperPoke11

Staff A/V Subscriber

Young said he is thinking about it, but most likely will sign later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Federal Marshal

I thought Young said he was going to decide in next couple months- So should we know by early January at least? What's the word? Late signing would be spring right?

7. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Territorial Marshal

When he watches us play, I wonder what he'll value more: straight wins and losses or signs of a program building back toward something great? I am 100 percent confident Underwood and his staff will get this thing rolling again; I just hope Trae can see the big picture, even in moments when we come up short in games this season. He is the type of kid on whom you can build a program's reputation. Hope he decides to be a Poke! He'd be welcomed with open arms and immediately become the face of the program.

#7 Poke4Real, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CasperPoke11

Staff A/V Subscriber

He told me on Tuesday in my interview with him that he was going to announce in December, which is after the early signing period. Something has changed and he is thinking about signing early, but is leaning towards signing late.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CasperPoke11

Staff A/V Subscriber

I think he is looking for style of play and coaching, just based on the short time talking to him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Territorial Marshal

I'd be thrilled if he really wants to decide in December! Seems like that would bode well for our chances.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CasperPoke11

Staff A/V Subscriber

I have been told signing early looks good for us.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OrangeFanatic2

With us being his most recent visit, I would guess that if he now has decided to sign early, it would appear better for us.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SauconyPoke

SauconyPoke Cowboy

"Coach Underwood has made it a priority from the second day he got the job to build a strong relationship with me and my family," said Young. "We have a really good relationship. I really believe Coach Underwood is going to make Oklahoma State like the way it used to be with sellout games and one of the craziest arenas and hardest places to play in the county.

"He's a winner and that really sticks out to me. The way they play fits my game perfect. Transition, pick-and-roll offense and a lot of their stuff comes straight from league. So that's always a great thing to know when that's the ultimate goal out of all of this. I would definitely give OSU a 10 out of 10 on the visit."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/signing-day-blog-five-star-young-planning-to-wait-it-out

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  14. Schultzy

Schultzy Cowboy

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/the-trae-young-blog-starting-the-season-his-recruitment-and-the-new-madea-movie

Kansas has been recruiting me since sophomore summer consistently, and they’re definitely a serious contender along with Oklahoma State. I’m gonna get down there to catch a game or two in the next month or so.

I’ve been talking to Billy (Preston) a lot too ever since he signed there.

Then Jawun Evans has been balling! So Oklahoma State’s looking good with me too. I talk to their staff a lot. I’ve gotten really close with assistant Lamont Evans. He’s so real, and we talk about more than just basketball.

I’m pretty up in the air about when I could make my decision because my situation is unique. I want to see which guards are leaving/staying and which team gives me the best chance to be me, and not change my game. So mid-to-late winter will be the timeframe for me to commit. The more I watch the teams play the more I pick out certain things I like and certain things I don’t like.

15. Balin

Balin Cowboy
    A/V Subscriber

https://twitter.com/TheTraeYoung/status/814905816784502785

• Like Like x 7
  16. ScooberJake

ScooberJake Territorial Marshal

Little bit of a red flag for anyone else?

• Like Like x 1
  17. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Federal Marshal

No. Not at all. I call that being smart. He's a McDonald's All American, He's a Top 15 player in the United States of America. If you can wait and and make sure it's a fit and he can obviously. Why not do it.
    OSU fits him to a T. We like to shoot quickly in the shot clock, we play fast and we press and we obviously are a good system for PGs as shown by Jawun Evans.

We'll see what happens.

18. Sutton4ever

Sutton4ever Cowboy

I don't think so. The recruiting period is a time for a kid to make a selfish choice. Once he joins the team, he then needs to jump on board with the coach and program. But he should be choosing a school that fits with his skills and personality the best and gives him the best opportunities to play, compete and succeed.

19. PistolChad

PistolChad Galaxy Stranger
    A/V Subscriber

"and not change my game." That is the only part that concerns me. Is he stating that he doesn't need to be coached? If so he has a very very short professional career ahead of him.

20. ScooberJake

ScooberJake Territorial Marshal

Yeah, that's the part that caught my attention. Could be just an off-hand comment that doesn't mean much. But as a rule, I don't think we want any kid who isn't looking to improve and learn (aka change).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.