2019 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Julius Marble to MSU. What does that mean for us going forward?
Nothing really. I think it was safe to assume he was going with Michigan State. We just have to hope we can land Isaiah Todd. If THAT doesn’t happen, I’m afraid we’ll have to look at grad transfers for 2019, in terms of getting someone with size. Then in 2020, try again with a few guys.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2008
Nothing really. I think it was safe to assume he was going with Michigan State. We just have to hope we can land Isaiah Todd.
Isaiah Todd would be nice but I'm not holding my breath that we land him. I still haven't heard that he is for sure reclassifying to 2019 yet. I think I would be more than happy with Christian Brown and then maybe a Juco transfer. That would put this recruiting class at 13th overall which is superb especially with where we finished in the Big12 this year. Hopefully we find out more news soon.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
We're not going to know anything until these guys visit us (which I'm sick of, I wish we knew when/if they were communicating...but that could lead to complicated situations). Anyway, I'd rather we go for that Pierre-Louis point guard from New Jersey. We need a true PG at the moment, which Anderson *kinda* is, but I think he leans more toward the SG variety.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
We're not going to know anything until these guys visit us (which I'm sick of, I wish we knew when/if they were communicating...but that could lead to complicated situations). Anyway, I'd rather we go for that Pierre-Louis point guard from New Jersey. We need a true PG at the moment, which Anderson *kinda* is, but I think he leans more toward the SG variety.
Please explain what you mean by “kinda”.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
He's technically listed as a combo guard. That's what "kinda" means.

You can put the moonshine down, it's ok.
24/7 has him as a combo guard
ESPN and Rivals have him as a point guard
We recruited him to play point.

“ He'll have an opportunity to play immediately, joining Isaac Likekele as the only true point guards on the Cowboys' 2019-20 roster as of now.”

https://newsok.com/article/5621614/osu-basketball-avery-anderson-iii-looking-forward-to-new-home

I am better when I am drinking

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
24/7 has him as a combo guard
ESPN and Rivals have him as a point guard
We recruited him to play point.

“ He'll have an opportunity to play immediately, joining Isaac Likekele as the only true point guards on the Cowboys' 2019-20 roster as of now.”

https://newsok.com/article/5621614/osu-basketball-avery-anderson-iii-looking-forward-to-new-home

I am better when I am drinking
Well, 247 is what I refer to for recruiting purposes, so there ya go. That's what I was operating on.

But I do want to retract what I said, because I didn't think about the fact we have Devonte Davis coming in for 2020. He IS listed as a true PG, so one year with only Likekele as the true PG is fine, I guess.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Well, 247 is what I refer to for recruiting purposes, so there ya go. That's what I was operating on.

But I do want to retract what I said, because I didn't think about the fact we have Devonte Davis coming in for 2020. He IS listed as a true PG, so one year with only Likekele as the true PG is fine, I guess.
24/7 is a good source but, I’m not always sold on their info.
Dziagwa is listed as a point guard by them.

Nov 6, 2010
24/7 is a good source but, I’m not always sold on their info.
Dziagwa is listed as a point guard by them.
I think we're fine at point given Ice, Anderson, and our 2020 PG recruit. If we need anything in the 2019 class I think it's a forward. And even then, we could live without that given we've got McGriff, Boone and Demuth. Maybe a JUCO forward to even out the graduation dates. I think I'd rather Coach B. saves the schollies for 2020 unless the right guy comes along, like the one we just lost to GA.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I think we're fine at point given Ice, Anderson, and our 2020 PG recruit. If we need anything in the 2019 class I think it's a forward. And even then, we could live without that given we've got McGriff, Boone and Demuth. Maybe a JUCO forward to even out the graduation dates. I think I'd rather Coach B. saves the schollies for 2020 unless the right guy comes along, like the one we just lost to GA.
I like this guy
Doudou Gueye
PF
6-9

We could use a big body with some experience to help out in the paint.

Mar 27, 2008
Little Rock's Tucker to be coveted as transfer
Mar 19, 2019

Jeff Borzello ESPN Staff Writer

Little Rock wing Rayjon Tucker is leaving the program as a graduate transfer, he told ESPN on Tuesday.
Tucker, a 6-foot-5 guard/forward from Charlotte, North Carolina, is expected to be one of the most sought-after transfers this spring.
A second-team all-Sun Belt player this season, Tucker averaged 20.3 points and 6.7 rebounds while shooting 41.1 percent from 3-point range. He started his career at Florida Gulf Coast, playing two seasons for the Eagles before transferring to Little Rock. Tucker sat out last season due to NCAA transfer regulations.
Tucker will be eligible immediately at his next school.

Nov 6, 2010
Little Rock's Tucker to be coveted as transfer
Mar 19, 2019

Jeff Borzello ESPN Staff Writer

Little Rock wing Rayjon Tucker is leaving the program as a graduate transfer, he told ESPN on Tuesday.
Tucker, a 6-foot-5 guard/forward from Charlotte, North Carolina, is expected to be one of the most sought-after transfers this spring.
A second-team all-Sun Belt player this season, Tucker averaged 20.3 points and 6.7 rebounds while shooting 41.1 percent from 3-point range. He started his career at Florida Gulf Coast, playing two seasons for the Eagles before transferring to Little Rock. Tucker sat out last season due to NCAA transfer regulations.
Tucker will be eligible immediately at his next school.
I wish we'd pass on this one. Too many red flags with all the transferring.