2019 OrangePower Tailgate - Homecoming Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokes28

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 26, 2003
Carl Junction, MO
facebook.com
It HOMECOMING! Let the orange flow while we get together to celebrate one of the greatest traditions in all of college football.

Where - Our spot on the South side of Ag Hall
When - Lot opens at 8:00 AM.
Who - Anybody/everybody.
Menu -Pulled Pork - Corn Souffle - Pasta Salad - sweet stuff

The game time is set for 3:00 PM. Bring your family and friends for a great day for those of us in orange.

We generally start serving the meal about 2 hours prior to kickoff.

If you are a Baylor fan and are coming into town, come by and see us. I promise that you will be treated well.

It is a Premier League weekend, so we will be set up early so we can watch some world football until college football starts.

Scholarship drive for 2019: Since the 2012 season, the generosity of people donating has allowed us to donate at least $1000 to OSU for scholarships after every season. The hope is that we can accomplish that goal again this year.

A couple notes:
  • While we aren't responsible for enforcing the no tobacco rules on campus, most people appreciate being smoke free. So if you wish to smoke, please move away from the tents to do so. We had a couple instances in prior years of people smoking under or right next to the tents. Not a good situation. Please respect those around you in their choice to be smoke free.
  • There is always some confusion on donations. There are two different items for donations: One is for the tailgate. This is done either to David Harrell or in the tailgate tip jar. This is primarily to cover the expenses of the tailgate, with all funds over the costs going to the scholarship fund which is documented above.. The second is at the Intoxicologist's vehicle. This helps him offset the cost of what he provides. I know this is confusing, and we wish it weren't for the best to keep these things separate, but there are a few reasons why we need to keep it like this. So continue to be as generous as you can.
David Harrell

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here are my grades:
FOOD: A+.
The pitmaster was really on his game today. Always love when they mix it up by bringing out the corn souffle. It really took it to the house.

ATTENDANCE: A-
Seemed like there could have been more people, and not one Baylor fan joined in?
But it was fun to hangout and......

KARAOKE: Solid A
Really good selections from the playlist, and mostly in tune singing.
What solidified the grade though, was the way it was finished up. The group effort from the guys on that last song was superb.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Here are my grades:
The pitmaster was really on his game today. Always love when they mix it up by bringing out the corn souffle. It really took it to the house.

Seemed like there could have been more people, and not one Baylor fan joined in?

What solidified the grade though, was the way it was finished up. The group effort from the guys on that last song was superb.

So, do I know you at the tailgate?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here are my grades:

So, do I know you at the tailgate?
I haven't been to a bunch of tailgates. Probably 5 or 6 in the last 3 seasons. Were you there this weekend?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I haven't been to a bunch of tailgates. Probably 5 or 6 in the last 3 seasons. Were you there this weekend?

Yes. I was the fat white guy with two biracial grandsons. We sat at the back of the canopy opposite the tv.
Ok. I saw you. Didn't talk to you I don't think. I spent most of my time over by the toxicologist area talking with some people over there.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm wondering if anyone has video of the men's karaoke?