2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Who knows, maybe Trump’s conspiracy theories will turn out to have at least some truth. Unlike the totally false Russian collusion conspiracy theory that CNN and the rest of the MSM media pushed (and knew was false all along). Nothing Trump could ever do or say will make things easier for Putin than that. I can’t imagine the entertainment Putin got out of that.
While the media certainly did have a field day with the story and went off on some pretty wild tangents, is it really honest to call Russian collusion "totally false"?? I mean Trump's campaign manager worked directly with Russian intelligence on election strategy, and as far as I can tell, that is not even in dispute.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
While the media certainly did have a field day with the story and went off on some pretty wild tangents, is it really honest to call Russian collusion "totally false"?? I mean Trump's campaign manager worked directly with Russian intelligence on election strategy, and as far as I can tell, that is not even in dispute.
IIRC there were a crap ton of charges, guilty pleas, and prison sentences handed down in that investigation. The most in any POTUS staff ever I think.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
This has to be one of the most "duh" statements of 2020...
Why, by reading (elsewhere) about her endorsement she has avoid making any before, she said she would not endorse anyone in the Arizona race and she explained why she is crossing part lines to make it.
tl;dr this breaks everything she has done before, why is it duh?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
IIRC there were a crap ton of charges, guilty pleas, and prison sentences handed down in that investigation. The most in any POTUS staff ever I think.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/701045248/paul-manafort-former-trump-campaign-chairman-sentenced-to-just-under-4-years

Throughout the trial, the special counsel's office never made a case against Manafort related to its overarching mandate — investigating any links or coordination between Trump's campaign and the Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Ellis made a point of that at the beginning of Thursday's hearing.

"He is not before the court for anything having to do with colluding with the Russian government to influence the election," Ellis said.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/701045248/paul-manafort-former-trump-campaign-chairman-sentenced-to-just-under-4-years

Throughout the trial, the special counsel's office never made a case against Manafort related to its overarching mandate — investigating any links or coordination between Trump's campaign and the Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Ellis made a point of that at the beginning of Thursday's hearing.

"He is not before the court for anything having to do with colluding with the Russian government to influence the election," Ellis said.
what about the other 33 people indicted

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Why, by reading (elsewhere) about her endorsement she has avoid making any before, she said she would not endorse anyone in the Arizona race and she explained why she is crossing part lines to make it.
tl;dr this breaks everything she has done before, why is it duh?
I partially retract that then if she has made it a point to not make endorsements in the past. The "duh" is more about her not supporting Trump, which should be painfully obvious to anyone that has paid remotely ANY attention the last 4 years.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
what about the other 33 people indicted
Working from memory

25 were members of the Russian GRU or employees of "Putin's Chef" for identity theft and computer crimes but were not associated with the Trump campaign team.
Gates, Kilimink and Van Der Zwann were for crimes/trying to cover crimes committed prior to 2016 with Manafort.
Papadopoulas was for giving a different date as to when he met someone (lying to FBI)
Michael Flynn, I think we all know this case by now (lying to FBI)
Richard Pinedo, a Data Broker for identity fraud
Michael Cohen, false statement about hush payments to former lovers (lying to Congress)
Roger Stone...was it lying about WikiLeaks? (Obstruction & Witness Tampering)

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I’ve been told he’s somewhat coherent for a few hours after waking up but as the day wears on he deteriorates until it’s near full on dementia. And it’s happening earlier & earlier with time.
I have been around 2 dementia parents/in-laws. that is common. It is also common for them to "rally" for a time mentally and then when the reason for the short term rally ends they can't remember almost anything. As if it took so much effort to rally, that everything is gone

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Oh yeah. I almost forgot Trump is supposed to be friends with Russia, but then there is this...?

https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/1308807000046870529?s=20