2020 Running backs

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
From a fan’s perspective, I really don’t understand why other fans come on here to argue why a player “should” go pro. As fan/alumnus of Oklahoma State, I want what is best for the Oklahoma State program. I want to be in the best position to win bedlam, to win a B12 championship, to have a shot at the CFP. I don’t think it’s unfair for me to hope that Chuba returns, because if he does, it’s best for the program that I love and support.

Now, I certainly won’t blame him if he goes. It’s his choice, he owes us nothing, and I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he goes to KC and I can continue to champion him.

However, I really don’t see the point in posting all the reasons he should go. It doesn’t make you enlightened or objective. In the same manner, I don’t think it’s cool when people rag on a player or say it’s a “mistake” for someone to leave early - like Tyron Johnson.

I really hope he comes back, that doesn’t make me selfish, it makes me a fan. If he doesn’t, I wish him nothing but the best and will cheer on Glass or whoever else may carry the rock.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
could be "cats out of the bag" or could be one player was poking at Chu and everyone else jumped on board.

Let's hope its the first one !

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
From a fan’s perspective, I really don’t understand why other fans come on here to argue why a player “should” go pro. As fan/alumnus of Oklahoma State, I want what is best for the Oklahoma State program. I want to be in the best position to win bedlam, to win a B12 championship, to have a shot at the CFP. I don’t think it’s unfair for me to hope that Chuba returns, because if he does, it’s best for the program that I love and support.

Now, I certainly won’t blame him if he goes. It’s his choice, he owes us nothing, and I wish him nothing but the best. I hope he goes to KC and I can continue to champion him.

However, I really don’t see the point in posting all the reasons he should go. It doesn’t make you enlightened or objective. In the same manner, I don’t think it’s cool when people rag on a player or say it’s a “mistake” for someone to leave early - like Tyron Johnson.

I really hope he comes back, that doesn’t make me selfish, it makes me a fan. If he doesn’t, I wish him nothing but the best and will cheer on Glass or whoever else may carry the rock.
My thoughts exactly.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

It's called "having a discussion". What's the point of a forum if people aren't discussing both sides of an issue? It's not like Chuba is checking in every day to see what decision we think he should make. And I feel fairly confident that nothing is being pointed out here that Chuba doesn't already know.

I hope he comes back too, but I don''t think he should.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Will the 52 year old Chuba talking to the 20 year old Chuba say "man, wish I could have had that one more year back in college . . . ".

I know if I have that same advice with myself, i'd take the year.
He's still a kid. Play the game for fun one more year before you take it on as your job.

(although I know that playing D-1 football as a student-athlete is a "job" compared to just being a student, but I'd still say take the year, you'll never get another chance).

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It absolutely is - players are faster, stronger, bigger, etc, and, thankfully, players have more say in how they're protected nowadays. I'm not exactly what era of players you're referencing that would be tougher, but...you're wrong.
60's - 80's and all you have too do is put in some old NFL films to see what kinds of injuries guys played with back in the day to understand that I'm clearly right.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It absolutely is - players are faster, stronger, bigger, etc, and, thankfully, players have more say in how they're protected nowadays. I'm not exactly what era of players you're referencing that would be tougher, but...you're wrong.
https://youtu.be/YWqVij6tLz8

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Will the 52 year old Chuba talking to the 20 year old Chuba say "man, wish I could have had that one more year back in college . . . ".

I know if I have that same advice with myself, i'd take the year.
He's still a kid. Play the game for fun one more year before you take it on as your job.

(although I know that playing D-1 football as a student-athlete is a "job" compared to just being a student, but I'd still say take the year, you'll never get another chance).
It's easy to say that when it's not your millions of dollars you are putting at risk. I think some of you are letting your fandom get in the way of your decision making. What does he have to gain by coming back? Lots of great memories. Now what does he have to lose by staying? Financial security for his family. We're talking millions of dollars here if he goes from a 2nd round pick to an undrafted FA with a torn up knee. I realize the inverse of that works as well. If he can improve his draft stock considerable, we're talking more millions. The problem is, how many RBs have improved their draft stock that much by sticking around for a 4th year? If he was a top 10 pick, he'd already be one. Every RB I can think of that went in the top 10 recently only played 3 years in college. With the way the NFL values RBs, I don't see him moving up enough to make it worth the risk of coming back for another 300 carries for free. Until someone can add some more tangible reasons to stay, I don't see how you can even argue that coming back is the right decision for Chuba. It's the right one for us, but not for Chuba.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

You're going to hate my last post.