2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
Early names for speculation:

Manny Diaz
Doug Belk
Jimmy Lake
John Rudzinski

Joe Bob Clements - Dude has worked under Knowles and Snyder. Does he have aspirations?

Diaz is a home run recruiter.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Gundy setting Google servers on fire looking for best DCs in middle schools across the nation. I'm sure we'll get an announcement in the next few months that we might have a person lined up that nobody's ever heard of, and we'll start building towards our next conference title for 2031 :p

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
Gundy setting Google servers on fire looking for best DCs in middle schools across the nation. I'm sure we'll get an announcement in the next few months that we might have a person lined up that nobody's ever heard of, and we'll start building towards our next conference title for 2031 :p
Have to agree usually he hires off the wall coordinators that don't work out. Hoping for a HR hire this time.

Aug 16, 2012
Early names for speculation:

Manny Diaz
Doug Belk
Jimmy Lake
John Rudzinski

Joe Bob Clements - Dude has worked under Knowles and Snyder. Does he have aspirations?

Diaz is a home run recruiter.
Would Diaz last more than a season? First decent HC opportunity to come up and he would be gone IMO.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Who’s on our defensive staff? Might be nice to have someone who’s spent the last few years under Knowles learning how he thinks and relates to players. Knowles wasn’t exactly a household name when he was hired. Gundy went out on a limb and it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R Dub

Wrangler
Oct 24, 2020
Idaho
I’m guessing Gundy will hire someone a bit under the radar like he often does. Unlikely he would hire a big name who would likely be here only a year or two. He seems to like to get lesser known guys who can grow in the program and will stick around a while.

Such a tough loss…was hoping Knowles would run it back at least one more year with a bunch of our defensive guys coming back. I wonder how many even come back now.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Patterson, Diaz, and Lake are all intriguing names, but you never know for sure if a former head coach will want to turn around and take an assistant job after getting fired. One thing's for sure, I want a proven commodity. I don't want to just hire a position coach and hope for the best.

Here are a few names off the top of my head I would take a look at:
1. Jon Heacock at Iowa State
2. Mike Tressel at Cincinnati
3. David Reeves at UAB
4. Kurt Mattix at San Diego State
5. Dale Jones at App State

Those are just some names off the top of my head. I'll have to do some more in depth research in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.