2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I am a Peterson with relatives in North Dakota. They have visited and agree that Houston cold is much different than North Dakota cold. It's the humidity; wet cold "feels" much colder than dry cold.
Exactly, same issue with the heat….we rarely hit 100 but the humidity means shade offers little relief. Same German guy complained about air conditioning, he moved here in September, I told that at some point during the summer her would walk into a building and let out an audible “ahhhh” and gives thanks for A/C. On a Monday in July he came to my office to let know he had his “ahhhh” moment that weekend.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2011
Humid -we have AC everywhere, even in stadiums. no problem unless you work outdoors, crime - Houston metro population 2020, 7.15 million people. Almost 2x state of Oklahoma. Add all crime in Oklahoma and multiply x2 and you have a lot of crime as well. We who like it here could care less about your bitching about Houston. Those of you who left and bitch, don't left the door hit your behind.
Hell, I left and celebrated...the entire damned state. Couldn't get away fast enough.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I’ve never been as cold as the 173 times I’ve set/stood outdoors in Houston for 45 degree Jan/Feb soccer games. Freakin brutal. Give me 15 degrees in BPS all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, sitting out on the Katy prairie with no windbreak for my daughter’s soccer games could be brutal.

On the other hand, I can golf 12 months a year and never had to worry about my son’s football games being 15 degrees. I sat through the entire Ice Bowl and don’t plan on ever doing that again…also the Independence Bowl in ‘81 was really cold. I played in games in the teens and twenties, glad my son didn’t have to do that.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I didn't move back to Oklahoma because all our kids are in Texas. If not for that I'd have moved back to OKC or Tulsa areas in a heartbeat. Born in Pauls Valley; I guess you can't get the Okie out of me.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
Can someone message me when the discussion of where people want to or don't want to live ends, or at least if anything real gets posted here?

This thread being constantly active is killing me. Every time I see there's a new post I get excited only to find out that Houston sucks or someone doesn't like the weather somewhere. I don't want yo read all the rest but I don't want to ignore the thread because of what it's SUPPOSED to be talking about.
Thank you. Rant over.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Hahaha. I found this in twitter… I thought it was funny. No way it’s true, but funny.

Conspiracy theory: Derek Mason hasn't been officially hired yet so he can freely talk to/recruit players who haven't yet entered the transfer portal.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Ok we get it.

Houston is the best place in the world.
Houston is crap hole.

Nobody cares…

If you care that much take it to the Non-sports forum and debate away.

Let’s keep this thread updates on the DC position and peoples thoughts and opinions on that.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Captains Log 01.26.22:

Its been three days since we were told news might arrive. We are days removed from any useful rations and have been surviving on Houston-is-shitty crumbs. There are even rumblings amongst some of the crew of resorting to cannibalism.

In the words of the honorable Harvey Dent: "the night is darkest just before the dawn, but I promise the dawn is coming". Perhaps today is the day a dawning light will illuminate our defensive fate. I only pray there are some of us left standing to witness it.

And then argue about it some more.

End log.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Captains Log 01.26.22:

Its been three days since we were told news might arrive. We are days removed from any useful rations and have been surviving on Houston-is-shitty crumbs. There are even rumblings amongst some of the crew of resorting to cannibalism.

In the words of the honorable Harvey Dent: "the night is darkest just before the dawn, but I promise the dawn is coming". Perhaps today is the day a dawning light will illuminate our defensive fate. I only pray there are some of us left standing to witness it.

And then argue about it some more.

End log.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
"Jim they've gone out of their Vulcan minds!"

Status
Not open for further replies.