2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Captains Log 01.26.22:

Its been three days since we were told news might arrive. We are days removed from any useful rations and have been surviving on Houston-is-shitty crumbs. There are even rumblings amongst some of the crew of resorting to cannibalism.

In the words of the honorable Harvey Dent: "the night is darkest just before the dawn, but I promise the dawn is coming". Perhaps today is the day a dawning light will illuminate our defensive fate. I only pray there are some of us left standing to witness it.

And then argue about it some more.

End log.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
"Jim they've gone out of their Vulcan minds!"
I thought about going full treky and using the Stardate and the Kirk out sign off, but I figured that might be a bit much in the morning!

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
In an attempt to get this thread back on track...

I think there are some interesting things happening behind the scenes right now. Coach Gundy has made it known that he wants his budget raised for his assistant coaching pool. It's my understanding that this was discussed at the regents meeting a few days ago. From what I've heard, our overall budget for assistant coaching salaries is $4M. For reference, Miami has a budget of $8M.

Derek Mason made $1.5M at Auburn. He'll likely have opportunities in the NFL as well. We'll likely have to pay him between $1.2M to $1.5M to get him to Stillwater. A lot of our defensive position coaches are in line for a raise too. We need to increase our assistant coaching budget to hire and retain elite coaches.

Long story short, I think who we hire hinges on whether or not the assistant coaching budget is raised. I don't expect an announcement until that decision is made. Hopefully the decision has already been made to increase the budget and we'll hear an announcement shortly.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Captains Log 01.26.22:

Its been three days since we were told news might arrive. We are days removed from any useful rations and have been surviving on Houston-is-shitty crumbs. There are even rumblings amongst some of the crew of resorting to cannibalism.

In the words of the honorable Harvey Dent: "the night is darkest just before the dawn, but I promise the dawn is coming". Perhaps today is the day a dawning light will illuminate our defensive fate. I only pray there are some of us left standing to witness it.

And then argue about it some more.

End log.

1643211840690.gif

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Here's where Derek Mason's defenses have ranked nationally in scoring as a defensive coordinator:
2011 Stanford: 30th (They would've been ranked higher if they didn't have to play us in the Fiesta Bowl.)
2012 Stanford: 11th
2013 Stanford: 10th
2021 Auburn: 33rd

He's never had a bad defense as a DC. I've also heard that he's a good recruiter. He has the potential to be just as good if not better than Coach Knowles. I'm super excited about this hire. :thumbup:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's now Robert Allen official. First thing out of the gate he announced it. Says Mason was possibly on campus on Martin Luther King Day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
It's now Robert Allen official. First thing out of the gate he announced it. Says Mason was possibly on campus on Martin Luther King Day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Robert Allen gets a lot of hate on here, a lot of it deservedly so. I think he means well, I also think he tries to be strategic in releasing news and opinions to keep osu in a good light.

That being said, when it comes to RA. I will never forget how he shat all over the idea of Mason coming here. More or less, because it wasn’t coming from him, it couldn’t be true..

Anywho! Party-on!

Status
Not open for further replies.