2021 DC Replacement Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
But Robert Allen and Co told me all the reasons Feldman was wrong and he was not on the list of candidates?
RA didn’t have the scoop so of course everyone was wrong. Even his son Marshall Levenson was shouting on social media everyone was wrong…Dude was just mad because Feldman has the sources while RA was left in the dark.

Aug 7, 2006
RA didn’t have the scoop so of course everyone was wrong. Even his son Marshall Levenson was shouting on social media everyone was wrong…Dude was just mad because Feldman has the sources while RA was left in the dark.
First favorite part of this hire - Obviously, it is just a fantastic hire...

Second favorite part - all of the egg on RA and his crew's faces... *chef's kiss*

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just to add my voice to all of this...What a great hire...IMHO, time will tell, but I firmly believe this is a better hire than the guy who left. I'm stoked for this hire and what this means for our defense in 2022 and maybe beyond that. Additional I never doubted HCMG in making the right choices after the incident a few years back...he's done that in spades. Kudos

WELCOME Coach Mason!!! May you have ALL the success you desire and thank you for what you have already done in kids lives at other places! I'm so excited to watch your teams...and even more to root on the young men you help to produce at Oklahoma State!

I'm most excited that this is a man who has been a head coach at a place like Vanderbilt. And a DC at a place like Stanford...I'll deal with him being at Auburn...but he did get out, so kudos for that. ;-)

Last edited:

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
Blatnick and richetti Jones are on staff too
I'm just talking about full time coaches. I don't really keep track of grad assistants, quality control coaches, and strength and conditioning coaches, because they filter in and out of the program all the time. It is great to see us bring former players back into the fold though.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Big-time hire. Now let's get back on track to dominate the Big 12.

Knowles was a great hire, but he never had this level of success before coming to Stillwater. He may or may not at Ohio State. Coming in, Mason is the biggest assistant hire in OSU history. If he improves like Knowles did, I can dream...

Kasey Dunn is coming into his own as an OC, and progressed a lot over 2021. Spencer Sanders has also come a long way. Gundy has really put together an organization capable of getting over the hump.

At this point we just need to figure out the OL, then we're locked and loaded for another great run.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Didn't realize that THE Richetti Jones was on staff. Nice.
‘I’m in paradise’: Former defensive end Jones cherishes opportunity to give back to Cowboy football | Sports | stwnewspress.com
Welcome Back Jamie Blatnick! | Pokes Report

You guys think 2021 was all on Knowles? think again...both of these hires had something to do with 2021...These guys are far more than what another poster implied, to this staff and the players. These are more than just "full time" guys. Both are a big deal and GREAT hires IMHO.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
It's now Robert Allen official. First thing out of the gate he announced it. Says Mason was possibly on campus on Martin Luther King Day.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Robert Allen gets a lot of hate on here, a lot of it deservedly so. I think he means well, I also think he tries to be strategic in releasing news and opinions to keep osu in a good light.

That being said, when it comes to RA. I will never forget how he shat all over the idea of Mason coming here. More or less, because it wasn’t coming from him, it couldn’t be true..

Anywho! Party-on!
I disagree totally about RA. Simple logic would have told anyone (at the moment the tweet from Feldman appeared) that the Mason hire was unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I disagree totally about RA. Simple logic would have told anyone (at the moment the tweet from Feldman appeared) that the Mason hire was unlikely.

And yet here we are
Yes we are, and it’s good. But no sense in knocking someone that was simply assessing the situation logically.

Status
Not open for further replies.