2021 Tailgating

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I am retired to Texas and come up for one or two home games per year. I have walked through the tailgating areas and it all looks amazing. I hear people talking about just walking through and eating/drinking with tailgaters, but I haven't ever done that. I'm willing to pay my share, so it's not like I'm just looking for a free food. So what is the protocol for a tailgate visitor like me? How do you know which tailgaters are open to visitors and which are not? Do I need to pay? I don't want to be an unwelcome crasher, so any pointers welcome.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I am retired to Texas and come up for one or two home games per year. I have walked through the tailgating areas and it all looks amazing. I hear people talking about just walking through and eating/drinking with tailgaters, but I haven't ever done that. I'm willing to pay my share, so it's not like I'm just looking for a free food. So what is the protocol for a tailgate visitor like me? How do you know which tailgaters are open to visitors and which are not? Do I need to pay? I don't want to be an unwelcome crasher, so any pointers welcome.
Find one that looks good to you and locate who you think may be the host. Then just introduce yourself and tell them you’ve been considering a grill (or some other grilling equipment they have) like theirs and you’d like to know how it’s working out for them. Yada, yada, yada, as you thank them and begin to leave they say you’re welcome to stay and hang out. ;)

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Postolp message me and you can come on by

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Find one that looks good to you and locate who you think may be the host. Then just introduce yourself and tell them you’ve been considering a grill (or some other grilling equipment they have) like theirs and you’d like to know how it’s working out for them. Yada, yada, yada, as you thank them and begin to leave they say you’re welcome to stay and hang out. ;)
This. Can't tell you how much food/booze I've given away to people that "love my trailer" or ask "where'd ya get that xxxxx..."