2022-23 Cowgirls Softball Roster

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
Instead of dwelling on the heartbreaking season ending loss…I decided to look at next season Cowgirls Softball roster would look like. I also looked up approximately how many years of eligibility each player has left. When it comes to redshirting in softball…I don’t know if they can play within “X” amount of games to keep their redshirt or you participate, you lose it.

First, I want to thank the following for their dedication to OSU. And wish them the best in the next chapter of their lives:

Chelsea Alexander
Miranda Elish
Michaela Richbourg
Morgan Day
Sydney Pennington
Hayley Busby
Jules Callaham

On our current roster that coming back that if none of them to pursue to go somewhere else:

Pitchers:
Kelly Maxwell…2 yrs left
Tatom Clopton 3
Kathryn Ogg 4
Bailie Runner 4

INF:
Brianna Evans 3
Kiley Naomi 1
Karli Petty 2
Morgyn Wynne 1

Catchers:
Taylor Tuck 1
Julia Cottrill 2
Audrey Schneidmiller 4
Averie Sims(she listed as a Jr not sure how many she has left)

OF/UTL
Chyenne Factor 1
Avery Hobson 2
Katelyn Carwile 2
Scotland David 3
Hailey Kastl 3 or 4
Tatum Sparks 3 or 4

Here is the incoming signees:

P Kyra Aycock
OF Angelina Craig
INF Katie Lott
INF Lexi McDonald
INF Haidyn Sokoloski
UTL Claire Timm
INF Tallen Edwards(reclassified to come to OSU next yr)

Here are articles about the next year Fresh. Some of them I cannot find a free access to read.

https://www.flosoftball.com/article...stop-tallen-edwards-lives-for-the-big-moments

https://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/2022/02/25/marcus-softball-star-plays-on-world-stage/

https://thealliancefastpitch.com/alliance-news/2022-final-forty-all-star-athletes/

https://www.softballamerica.com/stories/why-lexi-mcdonald-chose-oklahoma-state/

https://times-herald.com/news/2021/11/northgate-athletes-sign-letters-of-intent

https://okstate.com/news/2021/11/10/cowgirl-softball-welcomes-six-signees.aspx

Future looks bright

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Instead of dwelling on the heartbreaking season ending loss…I decided to look at next season Cowgirls Softball roster would look like. I also looked up approximately how many years of eligibility each player has left. When it comes to redshirting in softball…I don’t know if they can play within “X” amount of games to keep their redshirt or you participate, you lose it.

First, I want to thank the following for their dedication to OSU. And wish them the best in the next chapter of their lives:

Chelsea Alexander
Miranda Elish
Michaela Richbourg
Morgan Day
Sydney Pennington
Hayley Busby
Jules Callaham

On our current roster that coming back that if none of them to pursue to go somewhere else:

Pitchers:
Kelly Maxwell…2 yrs left
Tatom Clopton 3
Kathryn Ogg 4
Bailie Runner 4

INF:
Brianna Evans 3
Kiley Naomi 1
Karli Petty 2
Morgyn Wynne 1

Catchers:
Taylor Tuck 1
Julia Cottrill 2
Audrey Schneidmiller 4
Averie Sims(she listed as a Jr not sure how many she has left)

OF/UTL
Chyenne Factor 1
Avery Hobson 2
Katelyn Carwile 2
Scotland David 3
Hailey Kastl 3 or 4
Tatum Sparks 3 or 4

Here is the incoming signees:

P Kyra Aycock
OF Angelina Craig
INF Katie Lott
INF Lexi McDonald
INF Haidyn Sokoloski
UTL Claire Timm
INF Tallen Edwards(reclassified to come to OSU next yr)

Here are articles about the next year Fresh. Some of them I cannot find a free access to read.

https://www.flosoftball.com/article...stop-tallen-edwards-lives-for-the-big-moments

https://www.crosstimbersgazette.com/2022/02/25/marcus-softball-star-plays-on-world-stage/

https://thealliancefastpitch.com/alliance-news/2022-final-forty-all-star-athletes/

https://www.softballamerica.com/stories/why-lexi-mcdonald-chose-oklahoma-state/

https://times-herald.com/news/2021/11/northgate-athletes-sign-letters-of-intent

https://okstate.com/news/2021/11/10/cowgirl-softball-welcomes-six-signees.aspx

Future looks bright
Still lots of talent there. You've got an experienced outfield and infield. Need to find someone to replace Syd at 3rd where we took her defense for granted, and need to find a #2 pitcher.

I'm sure there will be a few transfers leaving, and a few coming in. Not expecting to get a Miranda Elish but would be nice to get another bat.

If Wynn returns to Kansas form and Naomi to 2021 form, I think we'll be better at the plate.

Cowboys 4ever

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Nov 21, 2014
Stillwater
Still lots of talent there. You've got an experienced outfield and infield. Need to find someone to replace Syd at 3rd where we took her defense for granted, and need to find a #2 pitcher.

I'm sure there will be a few transfers leaving, and a few coming in. Not expecting to get a Miranda Elish but would be nice to get another bat.

If Wynn returns to Kansas form and Naomi to 2021 form, I think we'll be better at the plate.
I actually worry about Maxwell. Already graduated pre med this year and will be looking into medical school, hoping she holds off until after her playing days are done or goes to OSU Tulsa and somehow does both.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
So just some quick thoughts, say we get Max back, both catchers, Chi and Carwile in the OF, Petty takes 2nd and Naomi at SS. So we need more pitching, and I've heard that Tatum was like our #4, how good is she? Also while I'd think Hobson takes over the other OF spot, what about Evans there? Gotta find Bree a spot. I see Wynn at 1st. Could Naomi go to 3rd and Bree to SS? The Alabama 3rd was a sophomore and went into the portal. Thoughts and hope Kenny can work some transfer magic. We should be really good again. Let's keep taking it farther every year. Can't wait till next season. So proud of these girls. Go pokes!

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
IMO, the only reason to go into a portal is to get a pitcher that will be 1 2 punch with Maxwell.

With the incoming signees....2 of them IMO is going to be tough to sit on the bench. From what I heard, they are legit. They could be sunshine pumping I don’t know until I(we) get to see them play in person.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
I actually worry about Maxwell. Already graduated pre med this year and will be looking into medical school, hoping she holds off until after her playing days are done or goes to OSU Tulsa and somehow does both.
I wasn’t thinking about she already graduated. It’s gonna be her decision and if she does...we can take it as a blessing whether it be one yr or two.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Maxwell is coming back no question. She has 2 years left...don't know if she'll use both but she's definitely coming back for another year. She'll also have a really chance to pitch for the US National team if she continues playing, but that's up to her. Also you'll likely see Petty at 3rd next year being it's her natural position. It's a dead period right now so there's no recruiting right now, that should change next week, and there's a couple transfers that could be visiting.

Also, Texas A&M just hired Trisha Ford from Arizona State so we'll see what happens, but could be a ripple effect with coaches, players, and recruits!!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
Scheduling strong right off the back.
https://twitter.com/ClearwaterInv/status/1534340355398705154?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Is this all we have so far of the schedule? I'm really hoping the girls come out west for my own selfish reasons

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Is this all we have so far of the schedule? I'm really hoping the girls come out west for my own selfish reasons
It's early...they usually announce this at the end of the world series. Towards the end of fall we'll get the full schedule. Only thing is know is we're supposed to go to Clemson possibly for a tournament out there and FSU will be returning the favor by coming here for a home series.

Sep 29, 2006
I knew about FSU coming to Stillwater. That it

I figure we might head to Arizona like we did the first week of the season. It’s just a guess.
anyone know what the staff thinks about Tatum Clopton? She was a top 10 recruit, along the lines of Nicole May. What are her prospects next year?

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
anyone know what the staff thinks about Tatum Clopton? She was a top 10 recruit, along the lines of Nicole May. What are her prospects next year?

@OSU9953 have you heard anything?

I know she not far along that the coaches wanted. They shut her down early in the season. Hopefully she pick up on the adjustments that the coaches are working with her.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
@OSU9953 have you heard anything?

I know she not far along that the coaches wanted. They shut her down early in the season. Hopefully she pick up on the adjustments that the coaches are working with her.
Tatum clopton- coaches are still high on her. She had Kelly Maxwell-type freshman season. Like if Maxwell pitched as true freshman, it would’ve been very ugly. Clopton has the talent to be not only an elite pitcher but an elite hitter as well. She’s a legit 2 way player was one of the best hitters in fall ball.

Problem is between the ears. Like Maxwell, she got beat up hard by her teammates during intrasquad scrimmages. She would strike out two hitters, give up a hit or walk, and then she’s fall apart. She a highly recruited kid that was not used to being hit hard til she stepped on campus. Like in Clearwater against USF, she got the first two hitters out, then she walked a batter, and then she unraveled. With Maxwell, elish, and Day in the circle, the plan to use clopton was pretty much scrapped especially once Elish pitched a gem against Northwestern and realize there’s a chance they could get vintage Miranda Elish in the circle.

Does she have the talent to become a legit ace at some point in her career!! Yes!! But she needs to work on a couple mechanical issues, trust her stuff, and have the self confidence she can dominate. She basically redshirted this year and got to watch/learn Maxwell, elish, and day pitch. That’s a pretty damn good trio to learn from. I still think they’ll try to grab a pitcher from the portal, although there’s only two pitchers in the portal worth giving serious looks IMO

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Tatum clopton- coaches are still high on her. She had Kelly Maxwell-type freshman season. Like if Maxwell pitched as true freshman, it would’ve been very ugly. Clopton has the talent to be not only an elite pitcher but an elite hitter as well. She’s a legit 2 way player was one of the best hitters in fall ball.

Problem is between the ears. Like Maxwell, she got beat up hard by her teammates during intrasquad scrimmages. She would strike out two hitters, give up a hit or walk, and then she’s fall apart. She a highly recruited kid that was not used to being hit hard til she stepped on campus. Like in Clearwater against USF, she got the first two hitters out, then she walked a batter, and then she unraveled. With Maxwell, elish, and Day in the circle, the plan to use clopton was pretty much scrapped especially once Elish pitched a gem against Northwestern and realize there’s a chance they could get vintage Miranda Elish in the circle.

Does she have the talent to become a legit ace at some point in her career!! Yes!! But she needs to work on a couple mechanical issues, trust her stuff, and have the self confidence she can dominate. She basically redshirted this year and got to watch/learn Maxwell, elish, and day pitch. That’s a pretty damn good trio to learn from. I still think they’ll try to grab a pitcher from the portal, although there’s only two pitchers in the portal worth giving serious looks IMO
It’s important to have 3 pitchers you can rely on in today’s softball. The days of riding one pitcher the whole way are over because offenses are just too good. Losing Elish was a huge blow for this team. Day stepped up but there were times where having that 3rd arm would have made a difference

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma

You have more in-depth on what’s going on inside the program. Thanks for the breakdown.

It’s important to have 3 pitchers you can rely on in today’s softball. The days of riding one pitcher the whole way are over because offenses are just too good. Losing Elish was a huge blow for this team. Day stepped up but there were times where having that 3rd arm would have made a difference
I honestly think that if Elish had not been hurt, the Cowgirls would have been in the finals and would have had a legitimate chance to win it all. A team needs two aces and a very strong reliever to compete.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
3 players have entered the portal today

Tatum Sparks
Avery Hobson
Brianna Evans

Evans is shocking and Hobson to a degree is as well. Both should be good attention from P5 schools. Tatum just had a injury riddled freshman year and wants to play

Last edited: