2022-23 Cowgirls Softball Roster

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
3 players have entered the portal

Tatum Sparks
Avery Hobson
Brianna Evans

Evans is shocking and Hobson to a degree is as well. Both should be good attention from P5 schools
Of course it’s pure speculation on my part…guess Evans was upset that she ended up being benched. She has lots of potential, hate that she leaving.

Hobson…I didn’t think we used her as a pinch runner like we should. I’m not sure that she would have broke into the starting lineup. She has the potential…somewhere else she be a starter but here she on the outside looking in.

Sparks…haven’t seen or heard anything on her so I’m not saying anything.

All in all…I hate they all are leaving but wish them the very best wherever they go.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Of course it’s pure speculation on my part…guess Evans was upset that she ended up being benched. She has lots of potential, hate that she leaving.

Hobson…I didn’t think we used her as a pinch runner like we should. I’m not sure that she would have broke into the starting lineup. She has the potential…somewhere else she be a starter but here she on the outside looking in.

All in all…I hate they all are leaving but wish them the very best wherever they go.
Kind of thought Hobson would be our next starting Lf. Was that not the plan?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

you’re wrong on Evans and Hobson

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
Karli Petty enter the portal
36F2F4DD-871D-486E-A8A1-A8440FA56F06.jpeg

Oklahoma State utility player Karli Petty has entered the NCAA’s transfer portal, sources informed Extra Inning Softball on Friday.

A true junior in 2022, Petty carries a graduate transfer designation, sources confirmed. A Moore, Oklahoma native, she has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Petty spent the last three seasons on the Cowgirl roster and enjoyed a breakout performance in 2021 as part of the team’s run to the Women’s College World Series.

After beginning her career as a true freshman in 2020, starting every game at second base that year prior to the season’s abrupt end, Petty was again a fixture at second base last season. She earned all-region honors in 2021 after a year that included a .292 batting average, eight home runs, 32 RBIs, and a .900 OPS.

Occupying a true utility role during the 2022 season, Petty started games in left field, right field, and at first, second, and third bases through the course of the year. She started three games at second base and one in right field during the Cowgirls’ four-game stay at the Women’s College World Series.

She finished the 2022 campaign with a .276 batting average, six home runs, and seventeen RBIs.

Petty is the third Cowgirl to enter the transfer portal since the team’s WCWS run came to an end on Monday; fellow infielder Brianna Evans and sophomore Avery Hobson both entered the portal earlier this week.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
The portal giveth, and the portal taketh! First time the portal hasn’t been good to coach since it’s inception. The sky isn’t falling but coach isn’t happy either.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
3 players have entered the portal today

Tatum Sparks
Avery Hobson
Brianna Evans

Evans is shocking and Hobson to a degree is as well. Both should be good attention from P5 schools. Tatum just had a injury riddled freshman year and wants to play
Well there goes 2 of our potential starters for next year, Hobson and Evans. I don't know why Evans would be upset about being benched , she was terrible in the field down the stretch. Hobson was lined up to play LF. Oh well I'm sure Kenny will fill the voids

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Well there goes 2 of our potential starters for next year, Hobson and Evans. I don't know why Evans would be upset about being benched , she was terrible in the field down the stretch. Hobson was lined up to play LF. Oh well I'm sure Kenny will fill the voids
Kenny has more than usual to replace, but I'm hopeful he'll get it done

sportsfan89

Territorial Marshal
Jul 31, 2012
Wilson, Oklahoma
I was just speculating on Evans leaving. No way I know what actually goes on behind close door from west of Ardmore, Oklahoma. IMO, players has jumped ship after being benched. She could be homesick and want to be closer to home....could be several different reason why. She is very talented and hate to see her go.

Hobson as of right now will be the starting LF. I should have been more clear. But with some of the incoming signees, few of them might be too hard to keep on the bench. When it comes to projected OF starters...she the vulnerable one to lose her spot. Not saying it will happen.

With Petty...to me, I felt like she might transfer out early in the season. I was hoping my gut feeling was wrong. With her already graduated, I felt she might pursue a fresh start.

Hate to lose any of them. I wish them the best.

Coach G is a good coach and recruiter. I believe he will get players to succeed.

If for any reason that portal doesn’t work out this yr. I’m curious projected starting lineup could be:

C-Cottrill/Tuck
1-Wynne
2-Edwards
3.Sokoloski or McDonald????
SS-Naomi
LF-Timm
CF-Factor
RF-Carwile

Sep 29, 2006
I was just speculating on Evans leaving. No way I know what actually goes on behind close door from west of Ardmore, Oklahoma. IMO, players has jumped ship after being benched. She could be homesick and want to be closer to home....could be several different reason why. She is very talented and hate to see her go.

Hobson as of right now will be the starting LF. I should have been more clear. But with some of the incoming signees, few of them might be too hard to keep on the bench. When it comes to projected OF starters...she the vulnerable one to lose her spot. Not saying it will happen.

With Petty...to me, I felt like she might transfer out early in the season. I was hoping my gut feeling was wrong. With her already graduated, I felt she might pursue a fresh start.

Hate to lose any of them. I wish them the best.

Coach G is a good coach and recruiter. I believe he will get players to succeed.

If for any reason that portal doesn’t work out this yr. I’m curious projected starting lineup could be:

C-Cottrill/Tuck
1-Wynne
2-Edwards
3.Sokoloski or McDonald????
SS-Naomi
LF-Timm
CF-Factor
RF-Carwile
I think with the above line up, you answered your own question.
OSU softball is transitioning from an over achieving feel good story to an actual national power. The talent coming in is big time and players see that. Enjoy the ride folks because OSU softball is just now arriving and we are not going away any time soon.

Dec 17, 2011
I think with the above line up, you answered your own question.
OSU softball is transitioning from an over achieving feel good story to an actual national power. The talent coming in is big time and players see that. Enjoy the ride folks because OSU softball is just now arriving and we are not going away any time soon.
And with Kelly Maxwell in the circle, everyone already knows we are going to be top 5 easily again.

Jan 1, 2022
Moore
I hate it that Evans,Hobson and Petty are leaving. I thought all would be starters this coming season. Was Bree upset about being benched, or are the incoming kids that good to make potential starters worry? I'd like to know more about Timms,Edwards,.McDonald, Sokoloaski(sp). We've still.got alot of talent and experience returning( Maxwell, Factor, Naomi,Tuck,Cottrell). I'm expecting Wynne to take over 1st and return to her KU form. Just bummed on those leaving, but I wish em the best and trust that Kenny will find us some gems also.

Sep 29, 2006
Hmmm, well since Miranda will be back in the dugout as a grad assist. like Carrie, I'd think we'd have a shot.
How do Grad Asst earn a living? If I remember correctly they are not paid positions. Do they just get a job in the local community, or are there donors that offer compensation.