Football 2022 ATH Braylin Presley Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
Yea, not sure what they're waiting on. I know size is a concern, but even if he doesn't end up playing RB, he'll play somewhere and make a big difference.

Oct 30, 2007
I’m really kind of torn on this. He’s clearly an electric athlete, but his size is an issue. I’ve heard that he’s listed bigger than he really is and that he’s only 5’-5” & 150 lbs. That’s why Kansas is the only P5 school to offer him.

The question is probably whether or not he has the potential to add 20-30 lbs of muscle to his frame. I hope he ends up here because you can never have too many explosive playmakers on offense.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m really kind of torn on this. He’s clearly an electric athlete, but his size is an issue. I’ve heard that he’s listed bigger than he really is and that he’s only 5’-5” & 150 lbs. That’s why Kansas is the only P5 school to offer him.

The question is probably whether or not he has the potential to add 20-30 lbs of muscle to his frame. I hope he ends up here because you can never have too many explosive playmakers on offense.
How big was the Deuce guy for KSU yesterday?

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
I don’t if he’s 3 ft tall the guy is a helluva player and a difference maker. He made the so called normal size guys look a bunch of little kids on Thursday night!

Oct 30, 2007
How big was the Deuce guy for KSU yesterday?
He’s listed at 5’-5” & 168 lbs. He’ll probably end up being 175 to 180 lbs. A P5 running back can get away with being short, but they have to have the lower body strength to play the position.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
This is exactly the type of athlete K-State brings in. They always seem to have a Sproles on their roster. To utilize an under-sized kid like this, we’d need more creativity on offense. Hope we offer him and let Glass do some work to bulk him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
A lot of recruiting experts say that the best scat back from Oklahoma this year may be Qwontrel Walker from Stillwater. I think one of them winds up at OSU

Dec 11, 2011
This is exactly the type of athlete K-State brings in. They always seem to have a Sproles on their roster. To utilize an under-sized kid like this, we’d need more creativity on offense. Hope we offer him and let Glass do some work to bulk him up.

I thought of Tyler Lockett; too bad that guy was too small for P5 college or NFL :whistle:

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Qwontrel Walker listed at 4.69 forty. MW dictionary definition: scatback
: an offensive back in football who is an especially fast and elusive ball carrier. Does his forty time fit the definition?

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX & Graz, Austria
: an offensive back in football who is an especially fast and elusive ball carrier. Does his forty time fit the definition?
I'm not sure 40 times are the marker for a scatback. Maybe shuttle time?

As for the definition:
"Elusive" is a good term, but maybe not "fast". I view "fast" as straight line 40 speed.
I think quickness is a better term to use for scatback (stop and go).

Wiktionary has: A small lightweight running back valued for speed rather than power.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

I think your concerns are real, but we almost always have scholarship spots left at the end of a class. If we don’t offer this guy and soon it just feels like some bad karma that’s gonna lead to an annoying background story as he leads KU to their first win over us in XX years (how long has it been now?)

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Honestly, it also depends on when the camp was. He’s only a junior now, and this summer’s camps were all messed up from Covid, so if that time was after his freshman year then you can assume he’ll be getting faster from 15 to 18.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

He is bigger that 5-5. Maybe about 5-7. The kid #28 is 5-5.
Moves, Build and speed is more important here.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Honestly, it also depends on when the camp was. He’s only a junior now, and this summer’s camps were all messed up from Covid, so if that time was after his freshman year then you can assume he’ll be getting faster from 15 to 18.

The camp was 3/17/2019. It is listed on his 247 site. I agree his times will get better as he matures since he was probably 16 when he camped.