Football 2022 General Recruiting thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Man this argument is never ending huh? This is actually a HUGE factor in how we can recruit, we don't have the luxury these bigger schools do.
It would be interesting to know,... I'm sure the dough folks know, what it takes to fund an offensive lineman's scholly, what it takes to fund a softball scholarship in perpetuity. I Mean come on get out there and tell us - it does not have to be 1 person, many could contribute as they could. Hope Chad will open this typw funding (crowd). Edit...........

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Exactly. Why does McEndoo have a job? Special Teams win games so invest in an elite full time ST Coach. TEs don’t do crap in our offense. They don’t even block well. Why waste $300k on that coach who hasn’t recruited worth a damn or produced anything on the field in 4+ years
MCEndoo is our back-up plan for OL group. He was an outstanding OL coach before we hired him and we were having OL coach stability and coaching turnovers during and after Wickline.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
MCEndoo is our back-up plan for OL group. He was an outstanding OL coach before we hired him and we were having OL coach stability and coaching turnovers during and after Wickline.
He was a solid for the level he was at sure…doesn’t change the fact he’s literally getting paid to recruit walk-ons. We’re better off hiring a special teams coach IMO and ditching the position all together. As a whole, the group flat out sucks

Dec 21, 2008
He was a solid for the level he was at sure…doesn’t change the fact he’s literally getting paid to recruit walk-ons. We’re better off hiring a special teams coach IMO and ditching the position all together. As a whole, the group flat out sucks
FACTS

Nov 6, 2010
I think folks are oversimplifying it a bit because we don't throw to ours a lot. But think back to how bad our OL was with Rudolph. No way all those deep balls to Washington happen without those max protect packages with our TE's. They literally kept him alive especially that first full year that he started.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I think folks are oversimplifying it a bit because we don't throw to ours a lot. But think back to how bad our OL was with Rudolph. No way all those deep balls to Washington happen without those max protect packages with our TE's. They literally kept him alive especially that first full year that he started.
Nothing to oversimplify…he really is paid to recruit walk ons. We have more walk on recruits than scholarship kids. Look the OL was bad by itself as well as with them. Most of Rudolph’s deep passes were because of the way he threw him. He put his ball in air much longer for Washington to run underneath it. He also has quick release as well, although it’s unique compared to the average. Also some of those deep balls we were in 4 wide. You make it sound like every deep ball, we were in max protection, which is false. Hell even RA has said the group has been very average over past several years. No one in the room currently blocks and catches at a efficient level.

Rudolph still ended up breaking his toe at the end of the season so to say they kept him alive is a fairly big stretch. Heck the Walsh package kept him more alive b/c it literally got him off the field. If you want to defend them..it’s all good!!! We’ll agree to disagree. I just don’t know how that position group gets as many snaps as they do with minimal production IMO.

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
I noticed we extended another offer to a Duncanville prospect in Warren Roberson. I'm gonna be honest in saying that, after they "assisted" Crook with his decision to look elsewhere, I'd be staying away from any school coached by Reginald Samples.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
We just offered Calvin Harvey, OT, from Missouri City, Texas. Currently committed to LA Tech. 6’8 330 on 247, and the tape look really impressive. Not sure why it took so long to find this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
We just offered Calvin Harvey, OT, from Missouri City, Texas. Currently committed to LA Tech. 6’8 330 on 247, and the tape look really impressive. Not sure why it took so long to find this guy.

You would hope an offer from us can switch his commitment, especially with how well the Glass Program does for our players, I mean dude already has a massize frame at 6'8.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I noticed we extended another offer to a Duncanville prospect in Warren Roberson. I'm gonna be honest in saying that, after they "assisted" Crook with his decision to look elsewhere, I'd be staying away from any school coached by Reginald Samples.
That’s because there’s a good relationship with Tim duffie and DFW schools like Duncanville. Kid chose to leave OSU, and he was taking officials to Texas tech and Arkansas. Not saying this happened but maybe OSU told him to look elsewhere since he wanted to take other visits

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
We just send out another Oline offer. Quinton Harris from Seguin in Arlington, TX. Currently committed to SMU, we’re only his 3rd offer after them and KU.

Here’s 247’s scouting report:

Harris appears to own terrific length. His reach shows on tape and in camp clips and will help compensate in situations that his technique or footwork may not be perfect. Harris has shown some promising pass-pro ability in multiple camp settings during the offseason. He appears to be increasingly mobile with improved balance, compared to his junior season in 2020.

"Additionally, Harris' frame potential is high. He will eclipse 300 pounds with extreme ease. He also owns a basketball background that gives context to his athletic potential on the gridiron. He's still putting together everything on the field, but all of the traits are definitely encouraging." — Brooks

That sounds a lot more appealing than the Hudl highlights though. Size and speed is visible, but there’s no strength on tape and he’s constantly unbalanced. Must of made big strides this summer.

Nov 6, 2010
We just send out another Oline offer. Quinton Harris from Seguin in Arlington, TX. Currently committed to SMU, we’re only his 3rd offer after them and KU.

Harris appears to own terrific length. His reach shows on tape and in camp clips and will help compensate in situations that his technique or footwork may not be perfect. Harris has shown some promising pass-pro ability in multiple camp settings during the offseason. He appears to be increasingly mobile with improved balance, compared to his junior season in 2020.

"Additionally, Harris' frame potential is high. He will eclipse 300 pounds with extreme ease. He also owns a basketball background that gives context to his athletic potential on the gridiron. He's still putting together everything on the field, but all of the traits are definitely encouraging." — Brooks

That sounds a lot more appealing than the Hudl highlights though. Size and speed is visible, but there’s no strength on tape and he’s constantly unbalanced. Must of made big strides this summer.

Not surprising for a young kid that big. I can't imagine being that big and trying to walk without tripping on my own feet as a mature adult, let alone being 17 or 18 and trying to play a sport. These guys are the definition of projects. We missed on our primary targets, so we're going down the list and offering the ones with the most potential upside but less obvious ability. It's risky because odds are, they will be big and clumsy no matter the training, maturity and coaching. But if we get lucky and one develops and grows into the frame, then we've got a steal in a massive tackle prospect.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia

After missing our targets, We need all the OL projects we can grab.

Our success 3 or 4 years down the road depending on the quality and depth of the OLs and DLs,

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net

Our success 3 or 4 years down the road depending on the quality and depth of the OLs and DLs,
Well, again here’s a kid that was 6’5” 320lb last year playing center for the 6A State Champ runner up Choctaw. Totally transformed his body this off season with a trainer to 6’5” 285lb of solid muscle and still just 17 with a Senior season to go. Here he is #54 for Choctaw against Mustang in a scrimmage this week. Got a slew of offers including several D1, just not one from the Team he has bled Orange for all his life. Hopefully that will happen before too long…..

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina

Well, again here’s a kid that was 6’5” 320lb last year playing center for the 6A State Champ runner up Choctaw. Totally transformed his body this off season with a trainer to 6’5” 285lb of solid muscle and still just 17 with a Senior season to go. Here he is #54 for Choctaw against Mustang in a scrimmage this week. Got a slew of offers including several D1, just not one from the Team he has bled Orange for all his life. Hopefully that will happen before too long…..
If he were that good he wouldn’t have to double team the other guy in the included photo.

J/k, hopefully he continues to blow up and if so hope he gets an offer from the Pokes.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
If he's 6'5" and goes 285....I'd also like for our coaches to have a chat with #73 to his right....looks to be a similar build. I'm picking Choctaw to win 6A right now haha. Those are two mammoth kids on that line, jeez.

Nov 6, 2010
Does he have an offer from Tulsa?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I’m not sure. Last one his Mom posted was either New Mexico or New Mexico State. They’re starting to roll in weekly. The kid on his right is his best friend and really good as well. Their first week game was against an Out of State HS and they were done by half time up 56-0